The bouncers in Reflex...

Golden Balls

...as you may or may not know, I got a good kicking from these tossers the other night.

Noticed this group, I think you all should join!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2395907440

How do we know you didn't deserve it? My experience is that (a) people who get into bother with bouncers usually deserve it and (b) people who go to places like reflex deserve to have the sh*t beaten of them.

...as you may or may not know, I got a good kicking from these tossers the other night.

Noticed this group, I think you all should join!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2395907440

If it's any consolation when I was queuing up to get in on Saturday one of the bouncers was given a statement to the old bill has he had just been given a hiding from one of the punters.

I had no sympathy for the tosser as I had been queuing for ten minutes only for him to refuse me entry.

How do we know you didn't deserve it? My experience is that (a) people who get into bother with bouncers usually deserve it and (b) people who go to places like reflex deserve to have the sh*t beaten of them.

You can just take my word for it...

I was on the dance floor and for absolutely no reason what so ever I was bundled over, kicked, punched and dragged. I didn't fight back or refuse to leave. Even when I had BOTH hands held behind my back, I was punched more.

Don't get me wrong, bouncers do have to take a lot of **** and I'm usually feeling sorry for them. But this was TOTALLY unprovoked. Even the Police I spoke to said this is the 5-6th complaint about assult from bouncers they've had in a couple of months from Reflex.

Yes reflex is dump but we were dressed as Top Gun for a 21st, seemed that would be the only place to go...

Edited by Golden Balls

I was told to leave Reflex a year or so ago by undercover old bill. God knows what they were doing in there.

Rightly or wrongly if a bouncer is heavyhanded with me I will give them a taste of their own medicine and generally they will back down when they know it's not going to be an easy ride. I'm not the biggest lad in the world but if you have a go rather just lie down and take a beating they're more incentivised to carry on.

I hate bouncers and they hate me, I'm running out of venues to drink on a Saturday evening but rather that then let some tosser on the door throw his weight around as and when he pleases.

I was on the dance floor and for absolutely no reason what so ever I was bundled over, kicked, punched and dragged. I didn't fight back or refuse to leave. Even when I had BOTH hands held behind my back, I was punched more.

Don't get me wrong, bouncers do have to take a lot of **** and I'm usually feeling sorry for them. But this was TOTALLY unprovoked. Even the Police I spoke to said this is the 5-6th complaint about assult from bouncers they've had in a couple of months from Reflex.

Yes reflex is dump but we were dressed as Top Gun for a 21st, seemed that would be the only place to go...

Forgot to mention they smashed the screen on my camera when I was bundled down aswell...

I was told to leave Reflex a year or so ago by undercover old bill. God knows what they were doing in there.

Rightly or wrongly if a bouncer is heavyhanded with me I will give them a taste of their own medicine and generally they will back down when they know it's not going to be an easy ride. I'm not the biggest lad in the world but if you have a go rather just lie down and take a beating they're more incentivised to carry on.

I hate bouncers and they hate me, I'm running out of venues to drink on a Saturday evening but rather that then let some tosser on the door throw his weight around as and when he pleases.

Easier said than done when you don't see it coming and you're already getting kicked and punched with your hands pinned back before you know whats going on....

Forgot to mention they smashed the screen on my camera when I was bundled down aswell...

Baywatch comes on. 10-15 guys take their top off...including me.

I jumped on by a bouncer, punched and kicked while down and being dragged, had my camera smashed while the others just carry on without their tops on.

Brilliant end to my 21st...all they had to say was 'can you put your top on please mate'

No need for the overreaction at all...

Slightly different story there...

there is no excuse for homophobic assault on someone just because they are taking photos of guys with their tops off. if the guys were offended, he should have just had the camera memory wiped clean and told to leave, there is no reason for assault.

it is impolite / antisocial to take pics of people in public, but if they are parading naked flesh they should expect it.

Bouncers do a very important job. When I was in my early twentys there were so many different ways to get yourself beaten up but Nanny State Britain has sadly done away with these. It is left to the good old fashioned bouncers to keep up this tradition of punching young blokes in the head, and bloody well they do it too. If we don't support these brave men in black then the whole fabric of our country will slowly be destroyed.

Bouncers do a very important job. When I was in my early twentys there were so many different ways to get yourself beaten up but Nanny State Britain has sadly done away with these. It is left to the good old fashioned bouncers to keep up this tradition of punching young blokes in the head, and bloody well they do it too. If we don't support these brave men in black then the whole fabric of our country will slowly be destroyed.

The biggest difference is now that punch in the head is licensed and endorsed ;)

The biggest difference is now that punch in the head is licensed and endorsed ;)

Well it is only right that those brave men should be protected against causing death or brain damage to young men out on the ****.

Years ago I was out drinking with a real hard case among us. He was an ex heavyweight boxer that was offered a pro contract but decided for himself that he would never be much more than a journeyman boxer, so just stayed a good amatuer. To cut a long story short, when he was in his 40's he looked a bit round around the tummy but still had all the skill he learnt over the years. It was fantastic seeing bouncer after bouncer being knocked down/out by him as he calmly made his way to the door to leave.

Soton bouncers are a mix. Some of them helped me out at Jongleurs when I was attacked a few years ago for my phone and was really grateful, top lads.

It's smaller bouncers you have to look out for. I saw one at Yates attack a Saints fan about 6-7 years ago quite viciously and there was another one at the Rhino who was a bit of a nutter.

Being a bouncer seems to attract the same sort of people who join the army, in that a fair amount are thick as s**t, can't do another job, and know nothing but fighting.

Your argument does fall down slightly in that there are just as thick people in many other walks of life, many of these being filled by ex bouncers and squaddies, thus proving they can do another job.

I am not a bouncer, but if i ever saw someone dressed like Tom Cruise from TopGun, I would want to kick seven shades of sh*t out of them. I would best them to within an inch of their life and **** all over their phone (unless it was an iphone, then I would steal it and sell it on ebay).

There is a serious point here though.....don't go out dressed like a tw*t.