Who's for next Saints Manager

AndyD

If we lose the next 3/4 games (and I hope we don't!!!), who would you realistically like to see in charge;

My top 3 would be;

1. Jim Gannon (Stockport) - My Dad's team and he is a good, young manager.

2. Martin Allen

3. John Gregory

Ooh. We've lost two games by one goal, lets sack the manager - and then some numpties agree "yes JP has had his chance ".

Some of these posts are sub moronic. As Sterve Grant said yesterday, Saints fans, as a group, have descended into being the most negative, short sighted in the country. Get a grip.

Jan Poortvliet. With no money the only thing any manager can do is try and get the players they have playing decent football, Jan's done that so far and I'd give him a season. Even if it ends in relegation it'll hardly be a surprise and I can't see anyone doing better to be honest.

As for the Shearer idea, why? If a new board with lots of money comes in they'd be foolish not to give this system time and money. I don't want us lumbered with another unsustainable structure to cripple us in the future. Nor do I want a manager using us a training ground for his Newcastle career.

Couldn't agree more

If i'm really honest i'd say let's stick with JP and Wotte for the moment ,i like what they are now doing with the reserves playing on Mondays for example it's refreshing ,i'm sure there's more to come give them time to implement their system's etc .The fact we're selling off everything that moves can't help even the best manager in the world would find it hard putting out a good team at the mo .

There are a couple of managers in the local Tyro league who would do it for half of what JP and Wotte are earning. That's got to be attractive to Mr "never mind the quality, feel the width" Lowe. There are further advantages too. They are used to managing youngsters in this country, although of course at a lower level and if the Dutch total football experiment has failed, they can easily revert the team to the typical English style of play that everybody is comfortable with. Also they have the contacts that can produce a conveyor belt of cheap local youngsters who would bleed red and white; apart from those who have since taken to following Arsenal, Liverpool, ManUre and Chelski and maybe even the Skates of course. ;)

Crap rumour anyway, but how do you know Hockaday couldn't hack it?

Because Gray and Wigley didn't? Bit of a strange way to think. If you keep appointing youth coaches, eventually one will do well, so why not the next one? They'll all entirely different people afterall, nevermind the fact that Gray and Wigley had to contend with premiership expectations.

Agreed its all crap and just hypothetical anyway.....Hockaday has never been number one but apart from Watford who play a different style totally to us where has he done well?

Gray and Wigley also had far greater resources than many of the managers/coaches than others and still couldn't hack it nor could Dodd or Gorman.

As I said all crap anyway and I was impressed on Saturday and believe if we get points on the board soon we will start to zoom up the table and do well this year....I just have major concerns over the strength of the squad.

If we lose the next 3/4 games (and I hope we don't!!!), who would you realistically like to see in charge;

My top 3 would be;

1. Jim Gannon (Stockport) - My Dad's team and he is a good, young manager.

2. Martin Allen

3. John Gregory

Gannon is a good manager and the team plays decent football, but JP will be around for the season irrespective of what we do. The only way he will go if he gets fed up of the whole situation at Saints.