PFC & SFC In the spirit of the Christmas Truce.

PES

What if the financial disasters looming for Pompey and Saints were a way of 'forcing' a situation where the only viable way both clubs could survive in the league were to merge. Could you support a Southmouth or Porthampton? Could it ever work? I think it's something that could possibly (though hopefully unlikely) arise as we in the UK head into financial meltdown over the next few years?

What if the financial disasters looming for Pompey and Saints were a way of 'forcing' a situation where the only viable way both clubs could survive in the league were to merge. Could you support a Southmouth or Porthampton? Could it ever work? I think it's something that could possibly (though hopefully unlikely) arise as we in the UK head into financial meltdown over the next few years?

:smt044 :smt078

I'll have a pint of whatever you're on pal!

No, it wouldn't work because of the rivalry. If that did happen I'd be watching Eastleigh.

Merry Christmas and all that :yawinkle:

This is how it will work okay.

We use the better training facilities (ours), we all chat on the better fan's forum (theirs ;-)), we drop the most dreary monotonous song (theirs), and we combine the first part of our name (Southampton) with the last part of theirs (Football Club).

The only sticking point that I can envisage may be the kit? How about we play home games in our red and white stripes, sponsored by Ford Transit and away games in their yellow kit.

This really could work, the stadium could even be renamed after the the City of Portsmouth's most famous footballer - Thee Bobby Stokes Arena.

I think you've been paying too much attention to, what is half as much a media led downturn, as a real one. They speak doom, gloom and disaster, and all it does is erode confidence in the global economy. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. If they weren't so vehement in telling us we're all doomed to a recession, we actually might not be.

But ask them not to keep on overstating the case, and that is definitely NOT news.

Some interesting and funny views! I too would not particularly want it, however i'd be a liar if I said I would not mourn the loss of the club as I know it, but I would support the new club. I've been a Pompey fan all my life but I have to be honest to me It's just an entertainment thing, equally I respect that to many others it is more than that, my own experience Is I have always been a customer, a loyal one, but a customer all the same. Swanny made an excellent point about how clubs come and go, evolve etc, always have, always will. The more I think about his view, the more I find myself subscribing to it.

You are mental.Fact.

I think you've been paying too much attention to, what is half as much a media led downturn, as a real one. They speak doom, gloom and disaster, and all it does is erode confidence in the global economy. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. If they weren't so vehement in telling us we're all doomed to a recession, we actually might not be.

But ask them not to keep on overstating the case, and that is definitely NOT news.

Yep, it's the media that is to blame. Nothing to do with reckless and unregulated banking and business practices. No siree Bob.

I can understand where PES is coming from,but it would never work.

Ask any Pompey or Saints fan,who they would most like to win against and i bet 99% of them would say their local rivals.

I bet fans of Newcastle and Sunderland would say the same.

The banter and local rivalry all add to the matchday experience.

But in the interest of forwarding friendly relations,a merry Christmas to all our Pompey readers!

I can understand where PES is coming from,but it would never work.

Ask any Pompey or Saints fan,who they would most like to win against and i bet 99% of them would say their local rivals.

I bet fans of Newcastle and Sunderland would say the same.

The banter and local rivalry all add to the matchday experience.

But in the interest of forwarding friendly relations,a merry Christmas to all our Pompey readers!

And a very Merry Christmas to you too! 50 years ago we were friendly rivals, many, probably most of us still are. People think what I suggested is mad, but i'm hardly the first to raise the subject and it's closer to happening now than it's ever been.

Having said all this, Havant and Waterlooville managed it.

And a sizeable proportion of their fans said 'Over my dead body!' yet most returned plus more fans than ever before. People soon forget, history supports this theory.

I was a bit bored waiting for my Christmas dinner so I thought I'd outline some early ideas for Southmouth FC. I'm sorry that my computer skills don't do my vision justice. Anyway you can get a rough Idea from my preliminary sketches.

southmouth-1.jpg

Are you 5 years old?

No Martini, I'm 34. Why'd you ask? You don't like my painting? Is it 'cos there's too much blue? I tried to even it out and be as balanced as possible without loosing the overall asthetic. :confused:

Please have a go yourself once your xmas dinner hits the bottom (I'm not so sure on Shirt halves it's a bit too Blackburn Rovers for my liking) . I'm going to think about possible stadium designs after pudding. :)

Merry Christmas Pes, Don't believe our stripy friends mate, They fool us into thinking Woopert is the devil him self on earth, And that he is dragging them into the Abyss,,,,,,,,,,Then the sneaky bastards go and vote for there knight in shining Armour (by 95%) to lead them to victory. If you find them in favor of your un safe idea, Its because there after our prem status;)

Merry Christmas Pes, Don't believe our stripy friends mate, They fool us into thinking Woopert is the devil him self on earth, And that he is dragging them into the Abyss,,,,,,,,,,Then the sneaky bastards go and vote for there knight in shining Armour (by 95%) to lead them to victory. If you find them in favor of your un safe idea, Its because there after our prem status;)

Merry Xmas to you too Mack! I know what your saying, I guess it's just in my nature to reach out to those less fortunate than ourselves, especially on such a special day. Should the future unfold as I see it, I've got some wicked designs in my head for a joint stadium i'll see if I can get them onto here for general perusal in the next few days. :)

Enjoy it while it lasts Mr Rill because once Arry goes into the transfer window,you will need a bus to take all of your top players up to Spurs.

Your Russian backer wants out and you dont seem to be getting a new stadium.

At least all we have to worry about is Rupert.

Oh by the way.Merry Christmas!!

Enjoy it while it lasts Mr Rill because once Arry goes into the transfer window,you will need a bus to take all of your top players up to Spurs.

Your Russian backer wants out and you dont seem to be getting a new stadium.

At least all we have to worry about is Rupert.

Oh by the way.Merry Christmas!!

And the same to you R no 2

Have a feeling old Baggy has drooped a Fux parr going to the Yidds, The juden one was bleating the other day he needs a barrow full of dosh, As they are just not good enough. Shock and Horror! word as it he will not be getting to many credits in the next window.

As for us getting a new Roost LoL:smt044 Surly not even you stripes believed that would ever materialize;)

And as for saying all you have to worry about is the Duck Hunter,

i would say Administration is the real worry:smt073

PES,where would you build this stadium for us all?

Would we use St Marys,Fratton or just build somewhere neutral?

Neutral. I suggest we use PFC's Harbour studies into 'Floating' stadiums and go one step further and place the stadum in the Solent Channel. Stands can be named after famous citizens of the two cities, maybe Dickens (Charles), Brunel (Isimbard Kingdom), Sellers (Peter) and David (Craig). Each name could replace the more mundane North, South, East and West stands. When I get a moment over Christmas i'll put flesh to the bones of these ideas with some technical drawings. :)

Neutral. I suggest we use PFC's Harbour studies into 'Floating' stadiums and go one step further and place the stadum in the Solent Channel. Stands can be named after famous citizens of the two cities, maybe Dickens (Charles), Brunel (Isimbard Kingdom), Sellers (Peter) and David (Craig). Each name could replace the more mundane North, South, East and West stands. When I get a moment over Christmas i'll put flesh to the bones of these ideas with some technical drawings. :)

If we had a floating stadium, we could play one week in Southampton, then float the stadium down to Pompey and play the next home game there.

You're an absolute nutter. You've picked those four ahead of Benny Hill?

Of course! Sorry Al, Brilliant suggestion. I guess we should drop one of the lesser luninaries from the list (Like Charles Dickens) to make room for Benny. I also propose the new team enter the Stadium to the Theme music from Benny Hill too!

Of course! Sorry Al, Brilliant suggestion. I guess we should drop one of the lesser luninaries from the list (Like Charles Dickens) to make room for Benny. I also propose the new team enter the Stadium to the Theme music from Benny Hill too!

The way both teams are performing at the mo, the floating stadium would be called Titanic!:rolleyes:

Yes, even better and reflecting the heritage of our two cities would be......

THE TITANIC VICTORY STADIUM (Which also serves notice of our intentions to our oponents)

obviously stadium sponsorship may come into the equation so we would need to be flexible and for monetary reasons embrace our new home as.......

THE KELLOGS CRUNCHY NUT CORNFLAKE TITANIC VICTORY STADIUM or such like. Sadly this will lessen the intimidating nature of the Stadiums name, but I guess this is the 'Modern' way.