Saga back but no Stern John?

Phil the Saint

Just back from the family fun day at St Mary's where the squad were holding a training session and Saga was involved with the 1st team training session but no sign of Stern John? I thought Saga had gone? Anybody else there who can confirm? Euell and BWP training with the reserves at the far end and looked like Skacel on crutches by the side of the pitch.

Just back from the family fun day at St Mary's where the squad were holding a training session and Saga was involved with the 1st team training session but no sign of Stern John? I thought Saga had gone? Anybody else there who can confirm? Euell and BWP training with the reserves at the far end and looked like Skacel on crutches by the side of the pitch.

John is playing for Trinidad tomorrow.

Clearly there was nothing wrong with my eyesight as several other posters have agreed it was Saga. He was definitely training with the 1st team.

Unreserved apologies - I'll get my ass down to Specsavers before I make any more smart assed comments in future...!!! ;)

Could there be a recall clause in the loan deal? I know there are certain rules for season long loan deals in England, but there are different rules for international loans

I really don't know, but since its within the transferwindow maybe its allowed. But like I said, maybe he's jsut in town picking things up during the international break and he wanted to train, its a bit strange but maybe even more logical then recalling him after 1 week.

I guess VectisSaint must be right but it does seem odd - as far as I can make out he's played for Aalburg twice already and scored a goal http://www.aabsport.dk/aabfodbold/statistik surely they wouldn't send him home unless he was injured - and if he were injured why would he be in training?

Maybe he wanted to say his goodbyes?

He scored a yellow card, not a goal. ;)

He left quickly, he can't have finalised moving etc. So logically he'd have to come back. It's an international week, maybe he's playing for Poland too. A trip back to soton to finish moving isn't that odd, neither is training with the club who still own him.

I doubt, sadly, that he'll be playing for us again.

I doubt he would be training with us today if he is playing for Poland in Kiev tomorrow.

My GUESS is that he has come over to sort out some business during the 'international break' and as we are still his parent club he asked, and was allowed, to do a training session whilst here.

Surley if he is not part of the 1st team plans then he wouldnt be training with the 1st team?????? Look at the others that are either off or not expected to be here. They all train with the reserves or kids so if Saga is back just to collect his things and thought he would get a training session in while he was here it would also be away from the 1st team as his envolvment would disrupt those that will actually be in the 1st team?????

Surley if he is not part of the 1st team plans then he wouldnt be training with the 1st team?????? Look at the others that are either off or not expected to be here. They all train with the reserves or kids so if Saga is back just to collect his things and thought he would get a training session in while he was here it would also be away from the 1st team as his envolvment would disrupt those that will actually be in the 1st team?????

Maybe he offered the club a tenner to train? ;)

Agreed.

Q: Why would highly paid footballer on his day off ask to train with team he has left on loan?

A: He wouldn't.

Hopefully he is coming back.