Who would be your next offload to reduce the wage bill if required?

TopGun

Tempted to say Thomas but with Davies gone we need the experienced cover at centre back and right back. Having said that it's evident that Poortvliet doesn't rate him so maybe best if he did go.

Euell I think could yet be a valuable player for us but Skacel's heart doesn't seem in it so bye bye Rudi. BWP's place looks vulnerable - he should be a natural to slot into this style of play but he doesn't really offer anything we haven't got from the youth.

I would first sell Euell and then maybe Skacel and Dyer. Thomas will now stay as Davies has departed for Stoke, can't see John moving yet as Saga and Rasiak have already gone out on loan and with the reported bust up between BWP and JP on the coach after the Exeter game, wouldn't be surprised to see BWP be sold to another Championship club.

I would first sell Euell and then maybe Skacel and Dyer. Thomas will now stay as Davies has departed for Stoke, can't see John moving yet as Saga and Rasiak have already gone out on loan and with the reported bust up between BWP and JP on the coach after the Exeter game, wouldn't be surprised to see BWP be sold to another Championship club.

That would be assuming anyone else in this division would be bonkers enough to pay him £8k a week. The only teams who would be able to afford that already have much better alternatives in their squad.

BWP's place looks vulnerable - he should be a natural to slot into this style of play but he doesn't really offer anything we haven't got from the youth.

That's a valid comment f'sure.

What is this purported bust up between JP and BWP on the Exeter coach... I've missed that one...

It's not a good idea to get rid of any of them, it's a sad necessity.

Have to disagree to a point. If players like Skacel give up heart (which I think happened) then what use are they for a team that requires complete commitment whatever the circumstances?

That would be assuming anyone else in this division would be bonkers enough to pay him £8k a week. The only teams who would be able to afford that already have much better alternatives in their squad.

Any idea when his contract is up? And all these other supposed high earners? Do we get rid of any next season?

It's difficult to make a decision unless you know exactly how much each of the players are on, plus what bonuses they get for appearances etc.

Having said that, I feel we could afford to lose BWP. One of the most infuriating players ever. Thing is, if he truly is on 8k p/w, I cannot see anyone else mad enough to pay that for him.

It's difficult to make a decision unless you know exactly how much each of the players are on, plus what bonuses they get for appearances etc.

Having said that, I feel we could afford to lose BWP. One of the most infuriating players ever. Thing is, if he truly is on 8k p/w, I cannot see anyone else mad enough to pay that for him.

Do lifestyle issues come into the equation also? Irrespective of the court case that BWP has got himself into, is it better to have a squad that doesn't have liabilities or deadheads? Maybe that was why Nile Ranger was released. JP seems quite tough on this stuff.

Have to disagree to a point. If players like Skacel give up heart (which I think happened) then what use are they for a team that requires complete commitment whatever the circumstances?

If Skacel doesn't want to be here, then he's got to seriously think about his wage demands. Ipswich and Hertha, both appeared to want him but aren't prepared to match his wages. Over to you Rudi.

True, but if we had enough money he'd never have left in the first place, he'd no doubt now be a valued part of the team and be trying his best. I only ever saw commited performances from him. Not surprised he got fed up being treated like crap by Burley. God knows why he doesn't have a club after doing well for Hertha.

I think mental stamina is an important issue. Why sign a player who wants £10K a week if it seems his head goes down at the slightest team setback? Skacel hardly fought for his place. By talent he would have been a shoe in every Saturday. Surman displaced him at both left midfield and left back really by attitude.

Edited by TopGun

If Chelsea can dismiss Mutu then fine him multi-millions for taking a spot of charlie, why can't we ship out that nasty BWP on the basis that his criminal actions have taken the club into ill repute?

If Chelsea can dismiss Mutu then fine him multi-millions for taking a spot of charlie, why can't we ship out that nasty BWP on the basis that his criminal actions have taken the club into ill repute?

Perhaps Rupes is hoping someone will be mug enough to buy BWP.

Because sometimes people do stupid things. Dont get me wrong I do not condone his actions but if he is remorseful and willing to show the Club that he is trying then I'm for that.

However at the moment he isn't exactly doing that.

He is the Coke kid anyway. Fruit juice all the way now for me.

Indeed, for all the charges he is not yet guilty of. Are you an advisor to Bush Scooby?

because fortunately we live in a society where you are innocent until proven guilty. bwp has pleaded not guilty so we cannot do anything till after the court case

Where does Rupert giving Dyer a new contract sit with your holier than thou statement?

LOL. Just like how Andrew Davies was a waste of time, despite those individuals voting for him in the Player of the Season vote.

Trying to be positive Alps, I can't see why the board would have sold Davies if they believe that is route one to relegation. It doesn't serve their interests either.

I guess we may see a bit of Lancashire at some stage (about time) and the rest goes from there.

I would also like to know when this is going to end. When are we going to within our means. Thomas should start alongside svensson that would be a strong central defensive partnership.

Skacel is made for the lallana or Holmes role.

I think BWP would do better than Mcgoldrick or Thompson at AMR.

Looks like euell would go first for me.

Another question, how many more do we need to shift to get the wage bill to a managable level.

I would like to hear Lowe and Wilde tell us when we are living within our means.

It must be quite a few more considering we've just sold our best player for peanuts.

I assume it will be a while before we're even close to breaking even.