TXT messages need for court...

Marsdinho

Legally, the service provider will be able to let you know at what time and to whom numbers a SMS was sent. They dont have a way to saying what was inside the SMS. The text or image within an SMS is, of course, on your phone and the other device, but Im not of the legally it downloading this to your PC and using it in court as there are obvious ways in which you or the other party could edit the data before it was presented.

I'm not so sure you're right there Pancake.

O2 Bluebook collects all my text messages for me and stores them on the website for me to view, therefore there must be a point where the provider can access the content of said text message.

If with O2 - sign up to bluebook free of charge on their website and you can print the texts off from there. You are unable to edit them from their website. Obviously still not as ideal as coming from the provider themselves.

im not sure it will be submissible in court (recently writtena mobile phone policy) as it could have been tampered with etc, even if its obvious it hasnt been, it will have need to have been immediatly quarantined once the messages came through etc

And how do you prove the alleged sender was the real sender?

Obviously which phone number it came from is indisputable, but the author of the message will always be in doubt if disputed :smt102