The Steven Gerrard thread....

1976_Child

Typical scouser or Noble Englishman involved in a bit of old fashioned fisty cuffs?

Will he do bird if convicted? Joey Barton was convicted of EXACTLY the same offence (assault with affray) and sentenced to 6 months. No doubt the magistrate will be aware of the precedent involving prominent members of the footballing community.

Certainly one of his mates should have told him to "Calm Down! Calm Down!"

Hope he gets off. I have a lot of respect for Gerrard. And we need him in the national team in the spring.

Edited by 1976_Child

There's no precedent because Joey Barton happens to be a footballer.

It was also about the third time he'd been convicted of a similar offence if I recall correctly.

Whether Gerrard gets sent down or not will depend on him being found guilty, for a start, and then on the extent of the other chap's injuries and whether there is any mitigation. To get bird for a first violent offence the injuries would have to be sufficient to constitute grievous bodily harm or there would have to be an aggravating factor such as use of a weapon.

In short, unless you know the facts of what happened.... who knows?

He will probably be fined a few quid, which is small change to him.

I think any fines dished out by the courts should be proportinate to earnings.

I agree. So long as the dosh goes to a charity and not into the government's pockets. If a bloke on £300 per week is fined £300 then someone on £120,000 a week should be fined £120,000.

The interesting thing is, the bloke who got hit might sue Gerrard in the civil courts for his injuries. Could end up costing Stevie a lot of cash.

There's no precedent because Joey Barton happens to be a footballer.

It was also about the third time he'd been convicted of a similar offence if I recall correctly.

Whether Gerrard gets sent down or not will depend on him being found guilty, for a start, and then on the extent of the other chap's injuries and whether there is any mitigation. To get bird for a first violent offence the injuries would have to be sufficient to constitute grievous bodily harm or there would have to be an aggravating factor such as use of a weapon.

In short, unless you know the facts of what happened.... who knows?

It was GBH as his skin was broken. He will get custodial if found guilty.

IF he is found guilty I think that a proper example should be made, he is looked up to

by thousands of young fans all over England because he is Englands captain. How can

people condem violence when kids could say "But Steve Gerrard did that"

Sorry but to me the bigger you are the harder you should fall.

Absolutely disagree. There is a reason why the Statue of Justice atop the Old Bailey has a blind fold on. It doesn't and shouldn't matter who you are, pauper or prince, Liverpool captain or even a skate, the law must be applied equally and without prejudice.

Gerrard should be judged as if he were a nobody.

But he is Not a nobody is he ? He is a famous person worshipped by kids who think that if "he"

can do nasty things so can they and without real consequences.

People have to start realising that their stupid actions can have unpleasant consequences.

Just read the "Darwin Awards" to see how people blame everyone else for their crass stupidity.

Typical scouser or Noble Englishman involved in a bit of old fashioned fisty cuffs?

Will he do bird if convicted? Joey Barton was convicted of EXACTLY the same offence (assault with affray) and sentenced to 6 months. No doubt the magistrate will be aware of the precedent involving prominent members of the footballing community.

Certainly one of his mates should have told him to "Calm Down! Calm Down!"

Hope he gets off. I have a lot of respect for Gerrard. And we need him in the national team in the spring.

To be fair Barton (the w@nker) had previous. Steven Gerrard is by and large a very good ambassador to the English game, and a decent role model for kids. I am almost certain he would have been provoked considerably to react in the way reports suggest. With that in mind, I reckon a bit of community service is the most he'll get. Gerrard is a good proffessional and a ray of light in todays football community. FREE STEVIE!! LOWE OUT!!

To be fair Barton (the w@nker) had previous. Steven Gerrard is by and large a very good ambassador to the English game, and a decent role model for kids. I am almost certain he would have been provoked considerably to react in the way reports suggest. With that in mind, I reckon a bit of community service is the most he'll get. Gerrard is a good proffessional and a ray of light in todays football community. FREE STEVIE!! LOWE OUT!!

I agree with you :shock: Steven Gerrard must of been provoked and even the lamest of person will retaliate at some point. As for the punishment let's wait to see if he is guilty first.

IF he is found guilty I think that a proper example should be made, he is looked up to

by thousands of young fans all over England because he is Englands captain. How can

people condem violence when kids could say "But Steve Gerrard did that"

Sorry but to me the bigger you are the harder you should fall.

Like **** is he England captain.

You must have a short memory.

He's been involved in loads of trouble outside of football, just a typical scouser.