Derby "Youth"

saintrich

MEMBERS of a Derby football youth gang are being hunted by police after violence erupted in Bristol.

Police say 16 teenagers from the Derby Youth Connection travelled on trains for the Rams' game with Bristol City on Saturday.

The group were described as being "very vocal", chanting "DYC" as they walked towards the city centre. They then got involved in a fight with a group of older men at about 3.30pm.

Football intelligence officer PC Paul Russell said: "We believe this was a chance meeting and not something that had been arranged. We are investigating and will hopefully be reviewing CCTV to try and identify those involved."

Saturday's incident comes as police revealed plans to ban schoolboy troublemakers from football matches due to what they say is an increase in the number of young hooligans following Derby County.

The Derby Youth Connection has been involved in fights, drink-related disorder and intimidating opposing supporters at Rams games.

Officers have also been attacked and police are concerned that more youths, some as young as 15, are becoming involved with the group.

Police are planning to introduce several measures, including banning them from all professional matches in England and Wales and from following the England national team.

PC Allan Guy, another football intelligence officer, said: "They need to know that if they like Derby County and watching the Rams they need to stay away from these groups.

"We have already looked at anti-social behaviour orders for some of the older lads and we will look at banning orders, too, if we have to. With some of the younger ones, we've visited parents in the past and it's been very effective and we'll look to do that again first.

"If these youths bump into the wrong group, they could suffer serious injuries."

He said there were 34 football banning orders active in the county. These have been used to ban yobs from football matches for up to three years.

Another tool used by officers to reduce youth hooliganism are acceptable behaviour contracts. These are signed by youngsters and their parents and include terms to get them to change their behaviour.

PC Russell said 10 contracts were now being reviewed and officers were looking at introducing a further 10.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not our "youth" then ;)

Probably the same lot who were walking throught town looking for trouble after the playoff game at sms back in 2007. It nearly kicked off outside the eagle pub, but the old bill managed to get in between them and all the saints fans who had piled out of the pub. To many teen idiots watching films like Green Street and Football factory.

Our youth are bunch of lairy 14-year olds who would run a mile if a derby fan wanted a fight. Unemployed pikeys from up north against our 'youth'....mmmm. These people should not follow football, most of the time they are just going to give it some 'aggro' at the opposite team's fans.

Our youth are bunch of lairy 14-year olds who would run a mile if a derby fan wanted a fight. Unemployed pikeys from up north against our 'youth'....mmmm. These people should not follow football, most of the time they are just going to give it some 'aggro' at the opposite team's fans.

And don't we have some right pikeys. Just look out for the acne infested Helly Hansen crew.:D

Cue me getting lots of abuse for 'bigging up' ( I am not ) our 'yoof' , but it's very naive to think that our youth are any better..... I don't understand how come nobody has ever seen any trouble around St Marys or at away games, maybe I am always in the wrong place at the wrong time but it seems to kick off more and more each season we are in the CCC.

Cue me getting lots of abuse for 'bigging up' ( I am not ) our 'yoof' , but it's very naive to think that our youth are any better..... I don't understand how come nobody has ever seen any trouble around St Marys or at away games, maybe I am always in the wrong place at the wrong time but it seems to kick off more and more each season we are in the CCC.

Ye it Gradually seems to have worsened over time. This season will probably be worse again. Jut take for example some awaygames last year. Palace, Cardiff etc kicked off.

Ooohhh... look at the big tough police - "we have looked at ASBOs" - I bet their knees are shaking so hard their tracky bottoms are about to catch fire.

Try arresting and charging the little ****s.

Magnificent.

But sadly, the gaols are full of old ladies who can't pay their council tax because they're fuel and food bills have gone up by 40%...

But let's not get started on the only leadership worse than Rupert Lowe... ;)

Probably the same lot who were walking throught town looking for trouble after the playoff game at sms back in 2007. It nearly kicked off outside the eagle pub, but the old bill managed to get in between them and all the saints fans who had piled out of the pub. To many teen idiots watching films like Green Street and Football factory.

They found it in league game right out side the ticket office too!