Gary Glitter

saint lard

Well,he's been released and is on his way back to Blighty.

I feel ashamed i went too see one of his gigs, therefore lining his pockets with cash.

He was convicted here for having obscene pics of nippers,convicted overseas for kiddy fiddling,should walk straight back into a secure unit and the key thown away IMO.

Unfortunately more of mine and other tax payers money would keep him in more than comfortable surroundings though.

Apparently he still earns 50k a year on royalties and it has been reported that he has a new album in the offing.

I know he's done his time,he'll go on the offenders register for life.

Is that punishment enough?

Unfortunately more of mine and other tax payers money would keep him in more than comfortable surroundings though.

is that really the case? I'm not sure it is.

Also, The tabloid journalists will hound him to death and make his life a misery.

Had he stayed in this country and been humble after his first conviction maybe he would have suffered enough, but that he went abroad to further his actions means he should be brutally and swiftly despatched.

All in my opinion of course.

is that really the case? I'm not sure it is.

Also, The tabloid journalists will hound him to death and make his life a misery.

If he was locked up, like others that are incarserated,tax payers money goes towards the running of the said prisons and secure units i thought.

Maybe i am mistaken.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Well,he's been released and is on his way back to Blighty.

I know he's done his time,he'll go on the offenders register for life.

Is that punishment enough?

I'm not sure that he has served his punishment though. He bought off the family of the girl who claimed he had raped her, so the charge was dropped to a lesser one, and so he avoided the Death Penalty.

Gary Glitter is no different to the hundreds of thousands of sex cases that visit the far east every year all except he is famous and sells newspapers.

He is a vile man like the rest of them, and the c::nt used to live 2 miles down the road from me.

If he was locked up, like others that are incarserated,tax payers money goes towards the running of the said prisons and secure units i thought.

Maybe i am mistaken.

I don't think he CAN be locked up when he lands in the UK. He hasn't been convicted of any crime here that he hasn't already served a sentence for.

I do think that he will be hounded by the media for the rest of his life and I think the government is going to try to deny him the freedom to travel abroad again, mainly because he would possibly travel back to countries that don't have the sort of controls of sex offenders that we have here.

I hope the rest of his life is miserable.

apparently they are going to stop him ever leaving the country.

WHY?!?!?

Because we have the best systems for monitoring paedophiles apparently. I'd rather he was here and being monitored (and let's face it, someone as high profile as him is going to be monitored round the clock) than have him hop abroad again where he won't be monitored and will be free to ruin another child's life.

Because we have the best systems for monitoring paedophiles apparently. I'd rather he was here and being monitored (and let's face it, someone as high profile as him is going to be monitored round the clock) than have him hop abroad again where he won't be monitored and will be free to ruin another child's life.

good point

Amen to that. I expect he will have a tough time out shopping.

He won't return here for good ffs, he has a legal team that will advise him to come back here to sell his assets then he will be off to a med country for thre remainder of his life.

I know this will make you all hate me but he has served his time and therefore should be a free citizen (albeit on the SOE for ever and also monitored) but he is no Roy Whiting or bloody Ian Brady is he.

He won't return here for good ffs, he has a legal team that will advise him to come back here to sell his assets then he will be off to a med country for thre remainder of his life.

Presumably he won't be going anywhere if we take his passport away.

I know this will make you all hate me but he has served his time and therefore should be a free citizen (albeit on the SOE for ever and also monitored) but he is no Roy Whiting or bloody Ian Brady is he.

=D> Very true.

Edited by Dog

They can but will they?

There are currently only five travel bans in place for sex offenders, compared to some 3,000 for known football hooligans!

This is a high profile case, with a government which is desperate to regain some public approval. Of course they will do something.

I believe they are changing the rules, just in time for his return, on sex offenders travelling. Therefore he will have his passport taken away and so will many others who wouldn't have done so before the change. This way we can bring the number up to well above 5. Which would be good to say the least. Sex offenders are incredibly dangerous people and should not be allowed to be free to commit more offences. It's not that i'm against the whole 'doing your time and then being free' idea it's just that the case of sex offenders is a little different. If a burgler reoffends it's an issue, if a sex offender does then another childs life has been ruined forever.

Since finding out about the rule change he's doing his best to avoid coming back at all. He's demanded to leave the airport claiming he should be allowed to stay in Thailand. He's now been declared 'persona non grata' (whatever that means) and it looks like he'll end up back in Vietnam if he continues to refuse to get on a plane to Britain.

Although I would like to have him in another country if we can prevent him reoffending I would rather he was here.

Gary Glitter is NOT the only sex case in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc. They have a few more mooching around. The kids he has apparently abused are probably getting abused on a daily basis by other sex cases, that is a way of life over there. I hate it as much as you, but the kids, girls and women that go into the sex industry lead a lot better lives than the ones that farm, beg etc. Some are even forced into it to give the family a better way of life. The case with GG was he slept with girls aged around 15, well that is hardly ruining a kids life. I believe he had to pay the girls £1100 to get them to keep quiet. If you ask me he was just taken for a ride after they knew he was famous. I don not defend GG, and every sex case should be castrated and tattoo'd with 'SO' on their forehead.

Gary Glitter is NOT the only sex case in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc. They have a few more mooching around. The kids he has apparently abused are probably getting abused on a daily basis by other sex cases, that is a way of life over there. I hate it as much as you, but the kids, girls and women that go into the sex industry lead a lot better lives than the ones that farm, beg etc. Some are even forced into it to give the family a better way of life. The case with GG was he slept with girls aged around 15, well that is hardly ruining a kids life. I believe he had to pay the girls £1100 to get them to keep quiet. If you ask me he was just taken for a ride after they knew he was famous. I don not defend GG, and every sex case should be castrated and tattoo'd with 'SO' on their forehead.

I think that any child (girl or boy) forced into the sex trade, whether by poverty or by family, has had their life ruined.

To say that somehow it's OK if they're 15 is just plain wrong. No person, of any age, should be forced into sex.

I didn't say it's OK, I said it is the way of life over there.

OK point taken. You actually said 'well it's hardly ruining a kid's life' referring to 15 year old girls.

I read this to mean that it's wrong if the children are 10 or 11 (as was the case with GG) but not so wrong if they are 15.

My misunderstanding.

Hardly repentant though is he, Jill..?

If I was him I'd never return to the UK. If I was the Law I'd make sure he never left again, if he did return. I suspect he's currently looking at other countries who will give him a visa to enter and stay. If they're sensible, they'll refuse point blank.

Although it was miles away fom the stuff I listened to, I always found his music a slightly amusing distraction in the far-off distance. It was all tongue-in-cheek stuff to me. It must be an odd feeling for the people who idolised the character way back then.

He's now been refused entry to Hong Kong.

I hope he's paying for all these flights.

He could feasibly live out the remainder of his life flying from airport to airport, being fed on airline food. Blimey, he could even get into the Guiness Book Of Records.

Who will let him in..? Some South American country..? Of course, he'd have to be able to find a carrier who would be prepared to get him that far.