Defoe wants out.

SimonRichards

cannot possibly say I would be disappointed if he went for £15M, whilst he scores goals when not on form we may aswell play with 10 men as he is lazy as fook. I was chuffed when we signed him but as some Spurs fans warned us he goes missing often and needs 10 shots per goal. He has cost us 9 points in the last 5 games with a host of missed chances and penalties. For good money bye bye and we move on

cannot possibly say I would be disappointed if he went for £15M, whilst he scores goals when not on form we may aswell play with 10 men as he is lazy as fook. I was chuffed when we signed him but as some Spurs fans warned us he goes missing often and needs 10 shots per goal. He has cost us 9 points in the last 5 games with a host of missed chances and penalties. For good money bye bye and we move on

if you dont score goals..you will go down

You're gutted really.

Not really,,,,Before he signed for us it was a puzzle why a striker with his goal per match ratio was kept on the bench by the Dutch kunt and One a Day Ramos,,,,Now we know. While we were creaming are nickers over getting him The yedds were coming on the web saying, (Yul be sorry) when hes not in a (Billy big ******** strop) hes a top quality striker, But a club of our size cannot afford a passenger two games out of three. Give me Benji for his work rate alone any day. With luck we will get big bucks for him.

Seriously inflated at £15m. Tis crazy prices. Especially as pompey haven't even paid up fully on the transfer anyway!

Its not like he's done much since joining from the spuds.

No one is immune from the current economic situation. £15M is barking, not a chance.

Not really,,,,Before he signed for us it was a puzzle why a striker with his goal per match ratio was kept on the bench by the Dutch kunt and One a Day Ramos,,,,Now we know. While we were creaming are nickers over getting him The yedds were coming on the web saying, (Yul be sorry) when hes not in a (Billy big ******** strop) hes a top quality striker, But a club of our size cannot afford a passenger two games out of three. Give me Benji for his work rate alone any day. With luck we will get big bucks for him.

Do you smash your head against the keyboard when you reply, or do you actually type them?

Not on of your 'big players' of course LOL

I thought you might like to be reminded of this post a couple of weeks ago.

(quote by Merovian) I'll give you a £50 bet right now the only major player likely to be leaving is Diarra, who we have been playing without for 4-5 games now. in fact this season he has not quite reached last seasons heights, he keeps picking up niggles and injuries.

Show me hard facts we have to sell, that is facts that have not come from a jackanory journo. If you can find facts then also include tony adams comments today that we are in fact going to have funds in Jan. We have agreed to sign Belhadji for £3M in January ! But we are skint - remember that, I'll be back Jan 31st to resurrect your post (end of quote)

Just a reminder again, can't have you wriggling out of these big statements you make.

I have to laugh at this board sometimes. You're taking the **** out of us for selling a current England international for around £15m (double what we paid for him a year ago) whilst on the main board your fans are weeping and wailing that your best player this year (who isn't even your player but was on loan from Chelsea) has now joined Watford for the rest of the season.

I'm disappointed to lose Defoe. He's one of the top players in that position in the country. But if he wants to go, let him go, take the profit and buy a player who wants to play for the club (or at least take the money until a bigger club comes in for him) :D

I have to laugh at this board sometimes. You're taking the **** out of us for selling a current England international for around £15m (double what we paid for him a year ago) whilst on the main board your fans are weeping and wailing that your best player this year (who isn't even your player but was on loan from Chelsea) has now joined Watford for the rest of the season.

I'm disappointed to lose Defoe. He's one of the top players in that position in the country. But if he wants to go, let him go, take the profit and buy a player who wants to play for the club (or at least take the money until a bigger club comes in for him) :D

I think that's the issue.

You and Merovignan have been claiming that NONE of your top players were going anywhere.

For me it also begs the question WHY does he want to leave - he must be on a pretty fair whack wages wise so I doubt it is purely greed especially as any new wage deal will probably only be matched....

Only 2 days into the window and your TOP player is offski. You have to ask the question WHY do these players want to leave, what is going on at PFC? Have you lost all your ambition and will the club now just be content with survival?

Look, we have to take the small comforts where we can get them, ok..? You'd have been doing the same several seasons ago.

That would be Kelvin so you're incorrect.

You and Merovignan have been claiming that NONE of your top players were going anywhere.

For me it also begs the question WHY does he want to leave - he must be on a pretty fair whack wages wise so I doubt it is purely greed especially as any new wage deal will probably only be matched....

Only 2 days into the window and your TOP player is offski. You have to ask the question WHY do these players want to leave, what is going on at PFC? Have you lost all your ambition and will the club now just be content with survival?

When did I say that none of our players would be sold? I clearly remember posting that Diarra would go, that Johnson would probably follow, that many squad players would go (including possibly Kanu and Campbell). But if you can post a link to one of my posts saying we wouldn't sell anyone I'll donate a grand to a charity of your choice. If not, how about you donating some cash to a charity of my choice? Or maybe just admit that you're full of **** :smt044

As for why these players want to leave, that seems fairly obvious. They'll join bigger teams, with more chance of winning trophies and earn more money. Exactly the same reason that people like Shearer, Bridge, Walcott, Bale (and on and on and on) left you.

When did I say that none of our players would be sold? I clearly remember posting that Diarra would go, that Johnson would probably follow, that many squad players would go (including possibly Kanu and Campbell). But if you can post a link to one of my posts saying we wouldn't sell anyone I'll donate a grand to a charity of your choice. If not, how about you donating some cash to a charity of my choice? Or maybe just admit that you're full of **** :smt044

As for why these players want to leave, that seems fairly obvious. They'll join bigger teams, with more chance of winning trophies and earn more money. Exactly the same reason that people like Shearer, Bridge, Walcott, Bale (and on and on and on) left you.

Hows that Chinese consortium take-over coming along Corp? please donate a grand to RSPCC

As for why these players want to leave, that seems fairly obvious. They'll join bigger teams, with more chance of winning trophies and earn more money.

Funny that, could have sworn you won the FA Cup last year

Hows that Chinese consortium take-over coming along Corp? please donate a grand to RSPCC

Keep up Badger, the Chinese bid died a while ago. It's South Africans now. Gaydamak wants £65m for PFC and I'm told the South Africans have secured funding of £60m and that the rest will be available in a week or two. However, I've been told similar things before so who knows. But that's the latest. Don't recall ever agreeing to a bet on the topic with anyone though.

Funny that, could have sworn you won the FA Cup last year

We did. Do you believe we'll win more trophies again before the likes of Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man City or even Spuds? (the teams our players are being linked with).

PS: I hear Lallana, Surman and Schneiderlin (all sp?) all seem to have picked up "injuries" before your game tomorrow. Who'd have thought that none of them would be available and hence not be cup tied. What a turn up. :smt044

PS: I hear Lallana, Surman and Schneiderlin (all sp?) all seem to have picked up "injuries" before your game tomorrow. Who'd have thought that none of them would be available and hence not be cup tied. What a turn up. :smt044

We aren't playing tomorrow. Silly Corp. :rolleyes:

I thought you might like to be reminded of this post a couple of weeks ago.

(quote by Merovian) I'll give you a £50 bet right now the only major player likely to be leaving is Diarra, who we have been playing without for 4-5 games now. in fact this season he has not quite reached last seasons heights, he keeps picking up niggles and injuries.

Show me hard facts we have to sell, that is facts that have not come from a jackanory journo. If you can find facts then also include tony adams comments today that we are in fact going to have funds in Jan. We have agreed to sign Belhadji for £3M in January ! But we are skint - remember that, I'll be back Jan 31st to resurrect your post (end of quote)

Just a reminder again, can't have you wriggling out of these big statements you make.

yawn...as stated you made the the bet unbettable by trying to include a donkey ala sol campbell and Granty did not agree he was top either so back in your box

Defoe wants to go - there is a difference in having to sell and a player wanting to leave my league 1 elect friend

TOP players.

Here's the 13 out of contract. Tel me which of them are among our better players:

Sol Campbell

Richard Hughes

Sean Davies

Jerome Thomas

Noe Pamarot

Linvoy Primus

Kanu

Glenn Little

Herman Hreidarsson

Lauren

Djimi Traore

Christophe

Richard Duffy

How many of that lot (earning £15m a year between them if reports are accurate) are crucial to our first team?

Edited by Weston Super Saint

yawn...as stated you made the the bet unbettable by trying to include a donkey ala sol campbell and Granty did not agree he was top either so back in your box

Defoe wants to go - there is a difference in having to sell and a player wanting to leave my league 1 elect friend

Look you Welshed on the bet.You played the 'we will not be selling anyone else' and you were going to return to the post on jan 31st. To save the trouble I have brought it forward for you.

As for L1, it will a new experience as I have watched saints for 40 years and never seen my team play there. You may have seen Pompey play there althoughof course yu might be a Johnnie come lately Pompey fan,there are lots about.

I may add that you and Granty may not think Sol is a top player but i doubt there woud be many who would agree.He is a world known player and if your club had just signed him or chasing him it would be rammed down our throats.It comes to something when fans who have been used to Spam fritters for decades now scoff at steak.

I may add that you and Granty may not think Sol is a top player but i doubt there woud be many who would agree.He is a world known player and if your club had just signed him or chasing him it would be rammed down our throats.It comes to something when fans who have been used to Spam fritters for decades now scoff at steak.

Sorry Nick, Sol is WELL past it, not a top player in anyones book anymore, he's a has been. I'm not just standing up for a fellow Pompey fan, It's the truth, I bet you'd burn him for pace nowadays. :)

What do these blue few JCL's you speak of do when their team is playing??

Can we not start going on about JCL's on here. The tedious ongoing JCL debate (or i'm a better Pompey fan than you.) has been going on for 3 or 4 years on every Pompey fan site going and one of the main reason's I don't post on them anymore, it's sickening. Obviously your entitled to say what you want, but this site is so much better for the lack of 'I love saints more than anyone else' undertones to so many threads. Or is it that I dont notice it? :)

Can we not start going on about JCL's on here. The tedious ongoing JCL debate (or i'm a better Pompey fan than you.) has been going on for 3 or 4 years on every Pompey fan site going and one of the main reason's I don't post on them anymore, it's sickening. Obviously your entitled to say what you want, but this site is so much better for the lack of 'I love saints more than anyone else' undertones to so many threads. Or is it that I dont notice it? :)

Saints fans are on an equal footing because we're all JCLs.

Saints fans are on an equal footing because we're all JCLs.

Yeah but Al, it's relative isn't it? I'm a mega JCL compared to the old fella who sits behind me and has watched pompey for nearly 60 years. It's such a stoopid arguement. I don't know why i'm even allowing myself to be drawn into it. :D

Yeah but Al, it's relative isn't it? I'm a mega JCL compared to the old fella who sits behind me and has watched pompey for nearly 60 years. It's such a stoopid arguement. I don't know why i'm even allowing myself to be drawn into it. :D

None of us had even heard of Southampton before 2005.

Oddly enough a journalist called Joe Lovejoy broke this story, who happens to be a good mate of... go on, guess who. A certain manager in North London, believe it or not, and I think I'm right in saying he's the same journalist who started the story that Portsmouth fans were threatening Nigel Quashie's wife and child shortly before he moved from here to another team managed by Bagpuss.

Definitely not the same Nigel Quashie who was actually divorced and used to beat his wife, of course. Allegedly.

Oddly enough a journalist called Joe Lovejoy broke this story, who happens to be a good mate of... go on, guess who. A certain manager in North London, believe it or not, and I think I'm right in saying he's the same journalist who started the story that Portsmouth fans were threatening Nigel Quashie's wife and child shortly before he moved from here to another team managed by Bagpuss.

Definitely not the same Nigel Quashie who was actually divorced and used to beat his wife, of course. Allegedly.

Are you saying he hasn't received any phone calls and that the quotes on the BBC website are in fact all made up?

To be fair Weston hes not our top player, good goalscorer yes but not a good player if that makes sense?

Why is it important who broke the story? It features direct quotes from Defoe himself.

Are you saying he hasn't received any phone calls and that the quotes on the BBC website are in fact all made up?

FFS Weston I had you down as having abit more nouse - he wants a move and he is engineering it. More than likely an attempt by a certain someone to drive the price down so he can go to spurs.

I claimed none of our top players were leaving? When? Like when I posted this on the 15th Dec:

Don't see a firesale happening in Jan. Diarra will be off, the only question is to who. I was told that Man Utd had bid £16m for him (they failed with a £12m bid back in the summer) but that Man City are willing to go to almost £20m to get him if they need to (!) but Real Madrid are supposedly showing interest now at around £20m so we should make a decent profit on him wherever he goes. There might be a shock move for Sol Campbell to Newcastle if they'll match his wages and that would be fine with me. Gets two of the highest earners of the wage bill and Kaboul's looked good when hes played. The only other one I can see leaving is maybe Johnson. Spurs have of course been linked but I've heard that Benitez is interested. Would be hard to turn the move down for him if that happens.

http://saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6507

TOP players.

Good to see you using a quote that had absolutely nothing to do with the point you were trying to prove. It was made in response to Granty saying that of the 13 players we have who are out of contract in the summer quite a few of them must be our better players. I posted the link to prove that wasn't the case. Try and understand basic English before you post again and make yourself look a knob

No. I think he was saying that the quote was fine but that Defoe was lying when he made the claim. Of all the people who've left Pompey the only ones who claimed they received threats are Defoe and Quashie. Funnily enough, they both left to link up with Redknapp. Coincidence eh? Amazing that Diarra didn't receive any threats, wouldn't you say?