Dont buy a kia

Baj

Not just cars like Kia, my girlfriend got a 206 tdi last year and have had a catalogue of faults with that.

To start with although it was 2nd hand the car was only a year old but when we picked it up it hadn't even been valeted so had to wait whilst that was done,then got home and the seat handle fell off so needed a new one.After about a week the airbag warning light would go on and off when it felt like it,with this fault it went back 6 times before it was fixed now 12months later fault has just started again.Next the indicator/light stem became int had this replaced now 2 months later the indicators have started only working when the lights are on.

The trouble is it has now put my other half off the car and she just wants shot of it,so will not ever by a Peugeot again.

Before the Pug she had a Sport Ka which only ever had a steering rack fail common fault with Ka's,this part was out of stock so had to be ordered was in and fitted next day and back on the road now that how customer service should be.

This sort of thing can happen with almost any make of car, and almost any purchase. We've all heard the horror stories of people being fobbed off from companies. I've known of friends with a BMW who had nothing but trouble with it. I have a relative who, against everybody's advice, actually bought a Kia 4X4 of some description, a couple of years back. Never had a problem with it since. Understandably, there are car makers where it is more likely to happen than others, but no company, even Rolls-Royce, is completely innocent.

My MD had a fully spec'd 7 series that destroyed batteries at an alarming rate and when you slammed the brakes on you had to put on your wellies as water would rush from under the rear footwell to the front. That car spent more time in the Beemer garage than it did out on the road but they never did work out where the water came from or what happened to the batteries. If he had bought the car brand new it would have set him back in excess of £70k.

JBS I had the water problem with a Vectra I had a few years ago.

Fortunately, I knew the owner of the dealership. They pressure sprayed the car and found no less than 90 pin***** holes in the chassis!

So they completely sealed all orifices and that cured the problem. The only thing was, they sealed the ashtray shut!

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Every brand has 'Friday' goods, it should'nt put you off buying another, the customer service you receive should;)

I've had many cars, virtually all of them from new and it's only Ford I've ever had problems with. Back in the day a Sierra where you could only open the read doors if the front ones were open first otherwise the trim would rip off and which needed three new rear windows and relining the doors and interior trim.

Then a Galaxy which needed a new engine after 500 miles.

I've had Mazdas, Nissans and Toyotas from new and, despite doing 35,000 miles a year in them, have been totally reliable.

You would not believe the problems that I still have with my ride on lawnmower.

Before you laugh too much it cost me 8000 NZ dollars which at the time was roughly 2800 UK Pounds

I now have the USA mobile phone number of the man in charge of the International dept for Hustler

mowers of Kansas ( NOTHING to do with that magazine of the same name :D )

and he wants their NZ agents to sort this mess out. I regret to say though that I am not confident

as the agents excuse is that apparently the mower might not be suitable for where I use it.

Kind of reminds me of when a few years ago women complained that their boots fell apart and the excuse

was that they were wearing them in the rain.

However they are in for a nasty shock when they come on Wednesday to see the mower and

assess what one would be better as my wife will be home and "wants a word or two with them"

They will not know what hits them then especially as it was the local dealer who reccomended this mower :D

The whole Kia dealership thing with this place was odd. Around two years ago the whole site was Reg Vardy Ford. Then it changed to Evans Halshaw who to this point had occupied a site on the A329 at Loddon Bridge and were indeed a Kia dealership. They took over the Ford part of the dealership and tagged the Kia part on to that. My wife bought her Fiesta in 07 from them. She got a good deal and the customer service was excellent. Last Feb I was looking to change my Focus so I went back to them as my local Ford dealer and test drove a Mondeo. A couple of months later when I went in to trade the Focus in it had changed to Gowrings, and the Kias had disappeared. Always had good customer service from Ford dealership on site regardless of name.

I love my Kia Ceed, got it brand new in 2007 and its done about 10000 miles and not one single problem. The car is a dream to drive.

Agreed, the Ceed is an excellent car, some of their older models looked a bit suspect though :o

Every goddam time i see this thread title i can't help but think "well why in the hell would i?" i'm sure i'm not the only one...
Exactly. Poor customer service would be the last of my concerns. Its resale value is going to be pish, the servicing costs are massively high, parts costs way above what they should, they look ****, you look like a tool driving one, they're not German, I would be removed from my father's will etc. etc. would all prevent me purchasing one.

• 2 weeks later...
My MD had a fully spec'd 7 series that destroyed batteries at an alarming rate and when you slammed the brakes on you had to put on your wellies as water would rush from under the rear footwell to the front. That car spent more time in the Beemer garage than it did out on the road but they never did work out where the water came from or what happened to the batteries. If he had bought the car brand new it would have set him back in excess of £70k.

With regard to the batteries, I would guess that the alternator regulator was not working properly, causing continual overcharging of the battery and ultimately, failure.