Stoke Game - Who's going?

Saint Martini

Ever since the WHU result and reports came in I've been wondering if a lot of people changed their minds about going to the Stoke game. This game has been called useless and boring from whenever it was announced but now that we apparently playing very exciting football is anyone changed their mind about going?

(I won't be, which is rather logical looking at my location)

As a result of the performance against WHU I will be going to see how we fare against a more direct style that Stoke will probably play.

I do now believe we could play our way to some success with a zippy style of footy, however we don't have the height to compete with the high balls especially from corners!

As a result of the performance against WHU I will be going to see how we fare against a more direct style that Stoke will probably play.

I do now believe we could play our way to some success with a zippy style of footy, however we don't have the height to compete with the high balls especially from corners!

Its ok based on the pre season games I've been to this season scoring from corners won't be happening this season! As for going I'm in the same mind as yourself I think if we perform well against Stoke that will be grounds for optimism :-) Saying that we did well against Stoke both games last season with arguably the worst Saints team in the last 10 years lol

What do the club expect? Charging £15 for two friendlies sandwiched close together. It was a tenner to see Lazio last season!

TBF if you bought a ticket for WHU you could buy a ticket for Stoke for half price which works out at £11.25p a game. Not a lot cheaper but it`s something. I will be there with my £7.50p ticket!

I won't be there, but that's purely because I won't be home from work in time.

I do also think we've had at least one too many home friendlies this summer, especially given that the other two were against relatively prestigious opposition. I can't say I'm surprised at the low take-up for tomorrow's game on that basis, especially at £15 a pop.

I do think Stoke will be more of a real test CCC style than WHU, for that reason alone I'm going, normally as mentioned it is a game to avoid but if the lads can perform against the bullying style of shi77y Stoke it will be more cause for optimism

I haven't renewed my ST yet so this game could decide it for me

Edited by TheSaint75

Surely Poortvliet won't go with the same 11 that started against West Ham?

2 games in 4 days is asking a bit much considering it all starts for real this Saturday.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a totally different 11 line up against Stoke.

Stoke will be pretty much like the CCC Teams that we will come up against on a weekly basis.

No finnesse, brick built centre backs, no frills, brute force etc.

IF our FOOTBALL can overcome that, then I will think we are in with a shout this season.

But all too often in the past have we seen any attempt at playing Football brushed aside by the "no nonsense" approach that DOES (unfortunately) seem to get results in the CCC

Ironically, Poortvliet's method of play would have been ideal if we were still in the Prem, but not in the "last man standing" CCC

My main worry, as I've mentioned before, is that we are TOO LIGHTWEIGHT up front. Goals win Games, but I can't see us scoring many in the League