Things you never knew were an Olyimpic event

Thedelldays

Good call! We'd be bound to win a gold at that, being a nation of 'large' people.

Why have volleyball AND beach volleyball?

Yes but we would lose to the Americans!

Don`t diss the (womens) beach volleyball!

What about "Rush Hour Cycling"? Or the Madison - with the emphesis on the "mad". Even the commentator didn`t seem to have clue what was going on.

Should re-introduce Shin-Kicking!

So is this the last games for it?

Yes, I think so.

Although it may get brought back if the baseball people bung the IOC enough.... er, I mean if the IOC change their minds.

They should bring back the rope climb, crocquet and the underwater swim IMO.

Was watching the horse dressage last night and was wondering how they train the horses to do that fancy 'horse dancing' stuff, I think they must use hot coals.

Snooker should be an Olympic sport and possibly golf as well, do Great Britain as host country not get to introduce a new sport in 2012? If so we could introduce binge drinking.(Courtesy of Daily Mail letter writers....)

New this year!

We need darts, we'd win that!

Cricket, why isn't that in it!

And Rugby (Union that is), they could play sevens to make it better!

They are trying to get the 20/20 version of cricket into the Games at the moment.

I thought that I had seen Rugby 7`s in there but that may have been the Commonwealth Games.:confused:

Was watching the horse dressage last night and was wondering how they train the horses to do that fancy 'horse dancing' stuff, I think they must use hot coals.

Snooker should be an Olympic sport and possibly golf as well, do Great Britain as host country not get to introduce a new sport in 2012? If so we could introduce binge drinking.(Courtesy of Daily Mail letter writers....)

I like the idea of Binge drinking could be fun.

Im sure the host country must have some say in it, seeing as China have the most medals.

I actually watched Sycro Swimming this morning thinking to myself why is this crap in the Olympics.

Thought the BMX was exciting and even the long distance swimming (only if you watch the last 200m)

Looks like we have to cross another event off the list for 2012. Seems our leading lights may have peaed a bit too soon in training

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2589790/Boy-in-hospital-after-gas-lighting-stunt-backfires.html

Arsehole..!

But back to the topic... In an Olympic world which allows speed WALKING as a sport, in which the competitors routinely accidentally[!?!] run [have both feet off the ground at the same time], anything goes.

Edited by St Landrew

Looks like we have to cross another event off the list for 2012. Seems our leading lights may have peaed a bit too soon in training

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2589790/Boy-in-hospital-after-gas-lighting-stunt-backfires.html

That made me lol!

I have always had a fear of doing this as I was once told (probably an old wives tales) that the flame can go back inside you causing you internal damage?! :rolleyes:

I was told the same can happen with a aerosol (like a hairspray) if you light that too?