Alloy wheels

Dog

For what reason? They don't need protecting from rust and you can't really paint out the scratches with any great success. There are a couple of companies around, with names like WonderWheels, who'll come out and repair them (ie, fill and spray the wheel) to a pretty good standard, but they'll probably only get f***ed again anyway.

Try not to look at it, is my advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Ponty is right, but my solution is not to have them in the first place. Wheel trims are more easily replaced and are cheaper. Only works if you have steel wheels to start with of course. Moral of the story? Don't buy unecessary and expensive add on's. Motoring is dear enough as it is. One thing that used to infuriate me was car owners spending huge amounts of money on such things and then complaining that they could not afford to have their car repaired or maintained properly.

Ponty is right, but my solution is not to have them in the first place. Wheel trims are more easily replaced and are cheaper. Only works if you have steel wheels to start with of course. Moral of the story? Don't buy unecessary and expensive add on's. Motoring is dear enough as it is. One thing that used to infuriate me was car owners spending huge amounts of money on such things and then complaining that they could not afford to have their car repaired or maintained properly.

But aren't as bling as my new carbon-fibre wheels:p

Wheel trims should be made illegal anyway. They're bloody lethal when they come adrift from a car on the motorway and head across the central reservation towards you with a closing speed of around 150mph.

Shouldn't come adrift if properly fitted and in good condition, but if you are worried that they might then a few plastic cable ties completely solves the problem. The white ones hardly notice and a potential thief tends not to bother and go on to the next victim.

150mph..? Do they have their own motors or something..? ;)

Closing speeds StL? If you're doing 70-80 and the car coming the other way sheds its wheel trim at the same speed that's a closing speed of double that.

But you knew that really ;)

Ponty is right, but my solution is not to have them in the first place. Wheel trims are more easily replaced and are cheaper. Only works if you have steel wheels to start with of course. Moral of the story? Don't buy unecessary and expensive add on's. Motoring is dear enough as it is.

If you're happy with steel wheels then fine. But by your rationale, aren't wheel trims also "unecessary and expensive add on's"? A humble steel wheel can look fine anyway if it's not dented or corroded and if the paint's intact. They're often lighter than most of the cheaply made budget alloy wheels out there too. But why then decorate it with non-functional plastic designed to impersonate alloy wheels? Especially if then detracting from the potential visual improvement by cable tieing it in place.

Wheel trims should be made illegal anyway. They're bloody lethal when they come adrift from a car on the motorway and head across the central reservation towards you with a closing speed of around 150mph.

Agreed, either illegal, or there should be a fixed penalty for cruising along with wheel trims which aren't properly secure all round. Say, 6 points on your license and £1000 fine?

If you're happy with steel wheels then fine. But by your rationale, aren't wheel trims also "unecessary and expensive add on's"?

Wheel trims are usually on the car when you buy it.

Edited by St Landrew
Sorting the quote out.

• 3 months later...

Spend a week shark fishing in Portugal, come back to:

Lost my suitcase

My boy put a brick through the mrs' Audi rear window

My mrs borrowed my new car and kerbed it badly

My favourite chicken died and got eaten by the others

They lost the hamster and it ate two pairs of leather boots

Spend a week shark fishing in Portugal, come back to:

Lost my suitcase

My boy put a brick through the mrs' Audi rear window

My mrs borrowed my new car and kerbed it badly

My favourite chicken died and got eaten by the others

They lost the hamster and it ate two pairs of leather boots

The other chickens ate him ???? Had they not been fed ?? Do they have teeth ??

The other chickens ate him ???? Had they not been fed ?? Do they have teeth ??

The chicken was a lady. They always have food. They have massive teeth and always eat their own.

F*ck the chicken! What about my wheels and psyco hamster, 2 pairs of leather boots, an ice-cream maker, a leather sofa and my favourite thong.