Bloody Checkdisk

Sheaf Saint

Help! I have a Seagate USB hard drive connected to my PC and every time I boot up, Checkdisk comes up and tells me that it needs to be checked for consistency. It runs through the scan and tells me everything is fine and that there are no bad sectors or anything like that, but then it does it the next time, and the next time, and the next time.

I know I can just 'press any key' to skip the disk check but does anyone have any idea why it is doing this and what I can do to stop it?

at a guess, its an ntfs partition thats not shut down properly on reboot.

Actually, now that I look at it in Disk Management, it's not actually a NTFS volume. It doesn't specify a file system at all. I'm led to believe that you can convert a FAT or FAT32 volume to NTFS without destroying the data held on it. Is this true?

Actually, now that I look at it in Disk Management, it's not actually a NTFS volume. It doesn't specify a file system at all. I'm led to believe that you can convert a FAT or FAT32 volume to NTFS without destroying the data held on it. Is this true?

Pretty certain you can't.

NO..!

BTW, Just unplug the bloody thing.

I tried running a full scan for and fix errors and it came up with nothing. There's nowt wrong with the drive I'm sure.

Cheers for that link though, the change to the registry seems to have done the trick.