Killzone 2

Draino76

I'm slightly disapointed they took out the multiple characters you could play as in the first one. As you'd play a level big tough guy, then you'd play it again as the stealth chick only to find a completely new way through the level designed especally for her.

Apart from that, can't wait to see the graphics on my new HD telly. :smt044

Why? It's on the PS3

You mean one of these things in this pic with the saints tickets underneath?

dscf2244zt7.jpg[/url]

I was going to write a piece of paper saying "i have a ps3 Baj" but i used the last piece i had getting the fire going....

Besides i thought you already played me on fifa 09 on ps3?!

You mean one of these things in this pic with the saints tickets underneath?

dscf2244zt7.jpg[/url]

I was going to write a piece of paper saying "i have a ps3 Baj" but i used the last piece i had getting the fire going....

Besides i thought you already played me on fifa 09 on ps3?!

unlikely as

a) i dont have fifa 09

b) if I did, i would get in on the 360

c) i think you are a pooey-pants

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone play the demo of this yet? Released on PSN yesterday. Pretty short demo (about 15 mins) but it's good. Graphically it is amazing, particularly the death animations.

Obviously we will have to wait and see how the multiplayer turns out, but I enjoyed it.

Anyone play the demo of this yet? Released on PSN yesterday. Pretty short demo (about 15 mins) but it's good. Graphically it is amazing, particularly the death animations.

Obviously we will have to wait and see how the multiplayer turns out, but I enjoyed it.

Demo left me feeling pretty meh to be honest. Graphics are good but not that good considering the hype. There are some nice effects but they can be completely over the top. The death animations remind me of when rag doll physics hit PC gaming, what, five years ago. Field of view does not feel right, I don't really like the cover mechanic and shooting feels very clumsy. Only played the demo once so it might click with another play but I'm very underwhelmed at the moment.

I downloaded and played the demo at the weekend, and after almost exclusively playing CoD for the past few months, I had a lot of trouble with the different control system. But it looks good (even in non-HD :smt022 ) so my pre-order with Amazon still stands.

Have to say i loved it. Was only a brief demo but was awesome. I really like the physics of the game which make it feel like your guns are actually deadly, a lot of games don't get that right. The grenades are quality too and the magnum side arm was good.

My only gripe other then it being too short was that Ricco reminded me a lot of Cole Train, even looks like him. The bit when you complete the demo and it does like a montage of the physics i.e people getting blown up was class.

The controls are a bit iffy but i felt increasing the sensitivity by about 50% on both axis and changing to controls B so the fire button is r2 and not r1 was miles better. StreetFighter 4, KillZone 2 then Star Ocean 4 and Resident Evil 5 = a good month or so of gaming :)

• 2 weeks later...

Phew, 1 hour in. As we all know, its beautiful but the full game has more polish on it than the demo. The opening cut seen is amazing! No installation and short load times which is a bonus.

My first thoughts are this is ****ing hard because there is nowhere to hide! If you try and catch a breather anywhere for more than a couple of seconds those Helghast folk will flush you out from behind you, from above or below, the side or with a grenade.

Take care of your collegues too, because missions get even harder when they are not around. 'Where the ****s my mate gone? Oh look over there, he's ****ing got dead! Replaying a mission never quite seems to pan out like the previous attempt.

I'm going on the main board to relax a little.

Edited by Draino76

Completed the single player game on the easiest level, and that was tough at times!

Multiplayer is a bit confusing, most people who had a mic seemed to be asking whoever would listen how the scores are calculated!

Overall the game is excellent, and now more than ever before, I envy those with a HDTV:(

• 2 weeks later...
just ordered it along with a pre-order of R.E 5.

So start off on easy then yeah.....?

Depends how good you are at fps games. Personally I'm a bit of a n00b still so would have taken weeks to get through on one of the harder levels.

I've got to say I'm really liking the online system for this now. Having 32 players on some of the smaller maps is funny. Also (and this is very sad) if you login to http://www.killzone.com you can watch top down replays of matches you've been in, and see how genuinely sh!t you've been!

Depends how good you are at fps games. Personally I'm a bit of a n00b still so would have taken weeks to get through on one of the harder levels.

I've got to say I'm really liking the online system for this now. Having 32 players on some of the smaller maps is funny. Also (and this is very sad) if you login to http://www.killzone.com you can watch top down replays of matches you've been in, and see how genuinely sh!t you've been!

im playing mid difficulty, struggling with getting ravaged by a big bird thing on the roof in the academy, i know i gotta shoot the blue bits until it stops moving then grenade it but it wont die and it is doing my head in

i was hoping for local multi-player with split screen

im playing mid difficulty, struggling with getting ravaged by a big bird thing on the roof in the academy, i know i gotta shoot the blue bits until it stops moving then grenade it but it wont die and it is doing my head in

i was hoping for local multi-player with split screen

If you drop down off the roof, there's a covered walkway area (plus more ammo for the rocket launcher), I set up camp there and took pot shots whenever I got the chance. Took a while, but a lot safer than running around in the open!

Wait until you come face to face with Radec, that's a laugh too :rolleyes:

If you drop down off the roof, there's a covered walkway area (plus more ammo for the rocket launcher), I set up camp there and took pot shots whenever I got the chance. Took a while, but a lot safer than running around in the open!

Wait until you come face to face with Radec, that's a laugh too :rolleyes:

so you dont av to shoot the blue things?

I have no idea really how far i am thru it......when is radec?

so you dont av to shoot the blue things?

I have no idea really how far i am thru it......when is radec?

Radec's right at the end, and a right giggle it is too. Though I managed to get a trophy for my efforts :)

Shoot the blue things then you will stop the bird thing. When its stunned offload yer rocket launcher on its ass.

I think I managed it without shooting the blue things, though it did seem to take ages. I just tried to stay behind cover and shoot whenever I could, that might also explain why the rocket launcher was so f***ing useless.

Has anyone been playing his online much yet?

• 3 weeks later...

As my girlfriend didn't seem greatly impressed, I thought I'd share my geeky delight here that I managed to get into the top 10% online for Killzone :D

I know it's not that great, but my last online claim to fame was topping fun with explosives platinum club on Pain for 24 hours

We'll done Barfy :)

I still not completed it yet. Taking my sweet time! Love the game. MP is pretty awesome.

Thank you. I liked the fact that I get a special badge for the week :D

I've only played the single player game through once, far too addicted to the online MP part. I joined one match last week that took the best part of an hour and a half to finish, and what's really sad was that I was gutted that I couldn't play the next match as I had to be up for work early the next day :(

As far as I've seen, all modes are team based, theres:

Bodycount (kill as many of the other team as possible)

Search & Destroy (plant explosives or defend against other team planting explosives)

Capture & Hold (does what it says on the tin, 3 areas your team need to hold)

assasination (either a member of your team or other team is target kill or defend)

Can't remember the name of the other one, but you have to pick up an object and deliver to a specific place.

If you've only played a basic bodycount game like I did at first, it probably didn't last very long (basic settings are first team to 25 kills or 5 minutes).

The best thing to do is to get into a match that incorporates all of the above modes. Depending on the person who created the match they can last anything between 10 and 90 minutes.

There's not as much in the way of promotions as you go through the levels, but new toys do get unlocked as you earn ribbons and medals.

if you go to http://www.killzone.com/ and use your psn login, you can see your profile for both online and single player. There's also a bit more explanantion about the ribbons and medals.

Obsessed. Me. Never :D