Kawasaki Out Of MotoGP..?

St Landrew

There appears to be some confusion, but if I was the boss of Kawasaki, I'd either being making sure we were doing a lot better, and winning, or pulling the whole rug out from under. And it appears they are doing the latter. After all, since they returned to the big time they've only been making up the numbers. I doubt it's the economic climate, although that's the excuse for the stopping of everything, of late. They're just not fast enough, and frankly, 99% of the time, haven't ever been.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/7811975.stm

Edited by St Landrew

It's a shame to see them go hopefully someone will want to take the team over,but i think half there problem has always been the half hearted way they have gone about competing in motor gp.It always seems that Kawasaki have used outside companies to run the team with input from the factories,the same can be said for Suzuki who have only had about 2 years of winning the championship in the last 20.

It certainly will be a shame if the grid drops to only 17 riders i can remember in the late 80's and early 90's when it got so expensive to run a team there was only 15 riders on the grid,i hope for the sake of the sport something can be done maybe it's time to have a third rider in a team or more local wild cards being given one off rides.With wild cards teams could take it in turns to use a rider from that countries superbike championship etc.