Guitar Lessons

saint_stevo

Had booked some up through Eastleigh College to be taken at Wildern School, but had a call today to say due to a lack of take up they have been cancelled, anyone know of any others running in the Hedge End-ish/local area?

I had paid £55 for 12 hour group lessons so looking for something similar.

Had booked some up through Eastleigh College to be taken at Wildern School, but had a call today to say due to a lack of take up they have been cancelled, anyone know of any others running in the Hedge End-ish/local area?

I had paid £55 for 12 hour group lessons so looking for something similar.

Jilly could teach you how to strum maybe.

Learn guitar online. There's loads of people doing free lessons. Just go through a few to see who suits you best. I've found the best ones advise you to walk before you can run, so you don't develop bad habits. And they always advise you to practice, which is my biggest downfall. But I'm slowly getting somewhere. All you need is some decent self discipline.

EDIT: BTW, this guy is a great teacher. And being online he's pretty damn patient too: http://www.justinguitar.com/

Edited by St Landrew

EDIT: BTW, this guy is a great teacher. And being online he's pretty damn patient too: http://www.justinguitar.com/

I like this fella. I just had a quick look at one of his metal lick lessons:

"Remember, get the timing and the rythm right first before you try and play it fast. If you don't do that, you'll be.....well.....playing sh!t really fast, which is not really what you want..."

:lol:

Top Man!!

I like this fella. I just had a quick look at one of his metal lick lessons:

"Remember, get the timing and the rythm right first before you try and play it fast. If you don't do that, you'll be.....well.....playing sh!t really fast, which is not really what you want..."

:lol:

Top Man!!

Have to agree, I found him by accident whilst looking up the tab for hallelula, he has already passed on a few tips I'm gratefull for, thank you Mr Sandercoe

Edited by Block 18
spelling

Have to agree, I found him by accident whilst looking up the tab for hallelula, he has already passed on a few tips I'm gratefull for, thank you Mr Sandercoe

Yeah, I like the guy's presentation. He comes across as extremely able and knowing of all the pitfalls. Just after I started using his website I had a major HDD failure and completely forgot the web address, name, everthing. I couldn't find him, so reluctantly, I looked at other online teachers, but none were as good. When I put up the link, it was the first time I'd found our Mr Sandercoe again. So now I'm back with enthusiasm and [sadly] soft finger ends.

Lately recommended by Brian May too. Whatever your musical persuasion, you have to admit that carries some weight.