Sasha Gaydamak speaks to the masses.

PES

MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER

In this weekend’s matchday programme, Pompey owner Sacha Gaydamak and executive chairman Peter Storrie will address the fans regarding recent media speculation and player movements.

Below is the message in full:

“First of all may we wish you all a very happy new year.

“We want to take this opportunity to update you directly on our plans to continue the success we have achieved over the last three years.

“Since the January 2006 takeover we have spent substantial sums on both transfer fees and players’ wages.

“As a result we have built a high-value, quality squad which has brought success over that period and allowed us to build a club based on sound and sustainable business principles.

“Recently, with the approval of the board and Tony Adams, Peter Storrie has negotiated the sale of Lassana Diarra to Real Madrid and Jermain Defoe to Tottenham, for similar club-record fees.

“Both of these sales have deferred payment terms, in addition to outstanding fees payable to their previous clubs.

“As a result, we are on course to achieve a turnaround from a loss-making business to a break-even position, which gives us a solid platform to recruit new players to the squad and move the business forward.

“We are now operating in a more volatile economic environment in the UK. This, together with the international nature of our player trading leaves us susceptible to adverse movements in exchange rates.

“To counteract this we have reviewed all areas of the business, including salaries and overheads, with a view to making reductions where possible.

“Forefront in our minds will always be our Premier League status.

“The resultant changes will ensure that as a club we come through these difficult times for businesses and football clubs in a stronger position for the future.

“We have no further need to sell any players from our squad. Indeed, we are looking to offer new contracts to players that Tony sees as part of the future beyond the end of this season.

“In addition we are currently working on the permanent acquisition of three players along with two loan deals to the end of the season, one from the UK and one from abroad.

“These acquisitions will increase the size of the squad that Tony has by five players. We are confident that a couple will be concluded shortly, but that all five players will be here well before the transfer window closes.

“Over the last three years we have all worked closely together and have always updated our supporters on club matters, as we are now.

“We are not in a financial crisis as sections of the media would have you believe. We have simply adjusted the business to deal with the current climate until we move into the new stadium when our revenue streams will be increased.

“The sales of Sulley Muntari and Pedro Mendes in the summer allowed us to purchase Peter Crouch and Younes Kaboul and pay loan fees for both Armand Traoré and Nadir Belhadj, the latter of whom we have now purchased.

“During this window the players that have left us are one who wanted to go and another who openly stated, on joining us, that one day he would leave for a bigger club. We have helped both achieve their ambitions.

“The strength of this club has always been derived from the support that you, the fans, give the team and the club. Working together as one, we can continue that success.

“We hope we have given you all a clearer picture of the positive way forward for the club. We will always keep you updated directly via our website and the programme.

“On a final note, we want to reassure our faithful supporters of our commitment to the sustainable longevity of Portsmouth Football Club.

“Sacha Gaydamak and Peter Storrie”

MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER

In this weekend’s matchday programme, Pompey owner Sacha Gaydamak and executive chairman Peter Storrie will address the fans regarding recent media speculation and player movements.

“We want to take this opportunity to update you directly on our plans to continue the success we have achieved over the last three years.

“Since the January 2006 takeover we have spent substantial sums on both transfer fees and players’ wages.

“As a result we have built a high-value, quality squad which has brought success over that period and allowed us to build a club based on sound and sustainable business principles.

“Recently, with the approval of the board and Tony Adams, Peter Storrie has negotiated the sale of Lassana Diarra to Real Madrid and Jermain Defoe to Tottenham, for similar club-record fees.

“Both of these sales have deferred payment terms, in addition to outstanding fees payable to their previous clubs.

“As a result, we are on course to achieve a turnaround from a loss-making business to a break-even position, which gives us a solid platform to recruit new players to the squad and move the business forward.

“We are now operating in a more volatile economic environment in the UK. This, together with the international nature of our player trading leaves us susceptible to adverse movements in exchange rates.

“To counteract this we have reviewed all areas of the business, including salaries and overheads, with a view to making reductions where possible.

“The resultant changes will ensure that as a club we come through these difficult times for businesses and football clubs in a stronger position for the future.

“We have no further need to sell any players from our squad. Indeed, we are looking to offer new contracts to players that Tony sees as part of the future beyond the end of this season.

“In addition we are currently working on the permanent acquisition of three players along with two loan deals to the end of the season, one from the UK and one from abroad.

“These acquisitions will increase the size of the squad that Tony has by five players. We are confident that a couple will be concluded shortly, but that all five players will be here well before the transfer window closes.

“Over the last three years we have all worked closely together and have always updated our supporters on club matters, as we are now.

“We are not in a financial crisis as sections of the media would have you believe. We have simply adjusted the business to deal with the current climate until we move into the new stadium when our revenue streams will be increased.

“The sales of Sulley Muntari and Pedro Mendes in the summer allowed us to purchase Peter Crouch and Younes Kaboul and pay loan fees for both Armand Traoré and Nadir Belhadj, the latter of whom we have now purchased.

“During this window the players that have left us are one who wanted to go and another who openly stated, on joining us, that one day he would leave for a bigger club. We have helped both achieve their ambitions.

“The strength of this club has always been derived from the support that you, the fans, give the team and the club. Working together as one, we can continue that success.

“We hope we have given you all a clearer picture of the positive way forward for the club. We will always keep you updated directly via our website and the programme.

“On a final note, we want to reassure our faithful supporters of our commitment to the sustainable longevity of Portsmouth Football Club.

OS SPIN, and you fell for it! lol ;)

The planned cleaning of the toilets, scheduled for 2012 has now been postponed until 2015.

The Meat Pies ,with immediate effect, will now in fact not have any meat in them but price will remain the same.

The 250,000 all seater ,underwater, golden plated, new stadium with fishing lake attached is now just a dream. We will approach Havant with a view to sharing their stadium.

I like Sasha Gaydamak, he's a very impressive young man. I would not swap him for ANY other owner. Us pompey fans are very lucky to have him and his sensible approach to football and business at the helm and steering the good ship Pompey through these troubled waters. Sadly many clubs will go to the wall in this awful economic climate, luckily for all of us here on the south coast, one man has the vision to see us through it! :)

“Indeed, we are looking to offer new contracts to players that Tony sees as part of the future beyond the end of this season.”

A slight contradiction there! :rolleyes:

You either want to stay in the premiership or you let Tony build your team, you can't have both as I think WE ALL KNOW.

LOL at portsmuff :smt081

I like Sasha Gaydamak, he's a very impressive young man. I would not swap him for ANY other owner. Us pompey fans are very lucky to have him and his sensible approach to football and business at the helm and steering the good ship Pompey through these troubled waters. Sadly many clubs will go to the wall in this awful economic climate, luckily for all of us here on the south coast, one man has the vision to see us through it!

:smt044

his sensible approach to football and business

You mean buying players and paying them over-inflated wages, realising the club was broke and flogging off two of your best players to avoid going bust...

You mean buying players and paying them over-inflated wages, realising the club was broke and flogging off two of your best players to avoid going bust...

Well if Saints had sold some of their better players since relegation then they might of kept the wolves from the door.

Well if Saints had sold some of their better players since relegation then they might of kept the wolves from the door.

Dunno if it's escaped your notice, but we've been selling players in order to keep the finances in check for years - even before we got relegated.

I am intrigued by the perceived "sustainable business practices", though. How is it in any way sustainable to run a company possessing a negative net worth with a wages/turnover ratio of around 95%?

Matchday revenue can't be much more than £10m (if it's even that much), which is about 20% of your income - TV and prize money obviously accounting for the rest as far as the profit and loss account is concerned - and that 20% would only just about cover the wages for Sol Campbell, Peter Crouch and Niko Kranjcar. The sort of ridiculous amounts of money that are being paid to PFC's squad are the complete opposite of sustainable.

I like Sasha Gaydamak, he's a very impressive young man. I would not swap him for ANY other owner. Us pompey fans are very lucky to have him and his sensible approach to football and business at the helm and steering the good ship Pompey through these troubled waters. Sadly many clubs will go to the wall in this awful economic climate, luckily for all of us here on the south coast, one man has the vision to see us through it! :)

Pes;,,,,,,im beginning to wonder about you,,,,,If you change (:prayer:Sasha Gaydamak:prayer:) to (:butthead:Lord Lowe:butthead: ) And Saints for Pompey. You have a Scooby post:smt044

MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER

I seem to remember Rupes saying similar things during our relegation year.

Dunno if it's escaped your notice, but we've been selling players in order to keep the finances in check for years - even before we got relegated.

Sorry Steve, I was actually being Sarcastic. I won't do it again. :)

Pes;,,,,,,im beginning to wonder about you,,,,,If you change (:prayer:Sasha Gaydamak:prayer:) to (:butthead:Lord Lowe:butthead: ) And Saints for Pompey. You have a Scooby post:smt044

Your right to worry Mack. I must confess that I have much sympathy for them, I blame my mother, she was from Romsey, which is why my father rather cruelly named me Arthur Scummer. So despite my Pompey past, I'll never be able to turn my back on the unfortunates, I just can't bring myself to do it. :sad:

:lol: