Wireless Issue

Saintandy666

I don't know if anyone on here can help but it's worth a try. So wireless has been working fine on the laptop(toshiba satellite L40-139) for some time, then one day recently I accidently flicked the wireless switch off. Now, normally when I do this, I flick it on again and it connects, but this time it couldn't connect. Infact, it couldn't even find our network. I know it isn't a problem with the signal as other laptops and my ipod continue to work fine. The wireless device inside the laptop is an Atheros AR5007EG Wireless Network Adapter and it's on vista if that helps. I've tried all the obvious things; trying to manually connect, reseting the box(BT Home Hub btw), disabling and then enabling the wireless capability etcccc

Can anyone here think of a possible solution or do you reckon the wireless finder itself is broken and it needs to be sent off?

I'm connected on ethernet at the mo.

Mine did this however it's a Lenovo, although the switch is on, there is also software controling the state of the wireless. A shortcut key FN and F5 together open the control panel for the wireless. I noticed this was disabled even though the wireless switch was on!!

Worth having a look on yours to see if its the same?!

when i say shortcut key, if you look at the Function key's ie F1 F2 etc etc, there's usually one with a wireless symbol on it. You usually have to press a key call FN and at the same time press the function key with the wireless symbol on it.