Prince Harry....you plum.

saint lard

nothing wrong with saying raghead or paki imo. he is at war ffs!!

whats teh difference between that and calling Germans Krauts?

Main difference is that the "paki" referred to - as "our little paki friend" or similar -was within Prince Harry's own regiment.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Silly boy, though it was three years ago and he appologised.

Also is rag head a racist term? Is it not just making fun of clothing choice?

If it is meant in a derogatory way then it is racist. To be honest, I would have great difficulty in thinking of an occasion where the use of that term was not being used in a derogatory way.

If it is meant in a derogatory way then it is racist. To be honest, I would have great difficulty in thinking of an occasion where the use of that term was not being used in a derogatory way.

Fair enough, but there is a difference between being derogatory about someones appearance and being racist. Would say most of the time that term is used it is people making fun of the way the person is dressed, for me that's not racist.

I appreciate that I am probably being very naive, but seeing that Paki is a shortened form of Pakistani, is calling someone a Brit racist? We have a Pakistani at work, who incidently served in the British Army, who calls himself a Paki (as in "us Pakis") and not in an ironic way. I guess one persons racism is another persons colloquialism. Surely it is intent when using any word as opposed to the word itself.

Yeah, that have to deal with kind of filthy, dirty, soul destroying work that you and I won't ever have to.

I'd be most interested in observing any change in your attitude if you ever had to do a 6 month stint in Helmand Province, TopGun.

Oh god, what have I started now?

I appreciate that I am probably being very naive, but seeing that Paki is a shortened form of Pakistani, is calling someone a Brit racist? We have a Pakistani at work, who incidently served in the British Army, who calls himself a Paki (as in "us Pakis") and not in an ironic way. I guess one persons racism is another persons colloquialism. Surely it is intent when using any word as opposed to the word itself.

Ah but there is a difference. Brit is traditionally used as a shortened version of British to denote a person's British nationality, whereas "paki" is traditionally used as a derogatory term for anyone of Asian descent, whether they be from Pakistan or Bangladesh and probably even India.

Black people can call themselves "niggers" but when a white person uses the term, it's racist, hence the daft cow being evicted from Big Brother a couple of years back.

In Harry's case, it really is b0llokcs. It was 3 years ago when he was a fair bit more immature than he is now. If he had said it yesterday then fair enough, but he is no different from anyone else, in that when you pass from adolescence into adulthood, you learn a great deal more about life and what not to do and say to offend people.

Everyone does things in their life when younger that they wouldn't do when they were a few years older and there are far more important things to worry about in the world than something a teenager said 3 years ago.

It isn't Harry or his comments that may caused upset here, it's the NotW and the ***t who gave them the tape.

This was something that was said 3 years ago, not in a name calling way to offend someone but in banter with his army mates. Mountains and molehills is the definitely the cae here. And, if anything, it is those I have named above who should be making the apologies for this now beng in the public domain and thus stirring up tension and angst amongst a few.

FWIW there are nickmanes for virtually everyone in the forces depending on where you are from, the colour of your hair, how tall you are, your body size, your surname, etc, etc, etc, and most of these would probably be considered as derogatory by the vast majority of civvies. However, there is very rarely any harm meant and if you can't handle being called a name or two you certainly wouldn't be any use when being shot at!

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Prince Harry and Prince Phillip are my favourite royals and Harry has gone up in my estimations after this video as it shows him as a normal person with normal views.

But he is not a normal person and never will be, Which is why he should watch his mouth.

Oh, and calling people 'Pakis' and 'Ragheads' is not normal either. At least not in decent society.

But he is not a normal person and never will be, Which is why he should watch his mouth.

Oh, and calling people 'Pakis' and 'Ragheads' is not normal either. At least not in decent society.

we have al done it...all of us in one way or another...i bet the bloke he refered to as a 'paki' knows and accepts willingly that nick name...i know plenty of people in the forces that have far worse nick names that i would never use out side of work....

as for rag heads...im sure far worse terms are used within the armed forces about the taliban etc

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
we have al done it...all of us in one way or another...i bet the bloke he refered to as a 'paki' knows and accepts willingly that nick name...i know plenty of people in the forces that have far worse nick names that i would never use out side of work....

as for rag heads...im sure far worse terms are used within the armed forces about the taliban etc

So long as Harry doesn't mind being called 'Ginger c*nt'

But I bet it doesn't happen.

The trouble is, it doesn't give much of a feel-good factor to Asians within our society if that's what a possible future Monarch thinks about them.

im sure he doesnt..it is part and parcel of being in the forces....like I said, i know far worse (and I mean far worse) nick names for all sorts of people in the forces...

ginger people in the forces are given more 'banter' than coloured people lets me assure you

Yes, hear what you say TDD, but that's not really the point is it..? This Prince is meant to be an example to the people of the UK, otherwise what the f**k is he any use for..? It's more than enough that the State makes sure the Royal family want for nothing, but it behoves them to do the job expected of them, and without fault too.

As usual, whether or not they do their jobs properly, my call is abdicate.

The trouble is, it doesn't give much of a feel-good factor to Asians within our society if that's what a possible future Monarch thinks about them.

Actually I bet it does.

In the clip someone teases him for having ginger pubes.

I'm sure that's not what he thinks about them. He was a young man embarking on a military career in the army where he was trying to be accepted as one of the boys, whether or not he is able to be as such.

People who have not served in the armed forces, particularly those either on active service, or expecting to go on active service can have no idea of the kinds of things that not only go on, but are accepted as part of everyday life.

Serving in the forces is not the same as in civilian life, the camaraderie and banter are completely different and the NOTW is indeed making mountains out of molehills in an attempt to show how bloody right on the paper is.

I'm sure that's not what he thinks about them. He was a young man embarking on a military career in the army where he was trying to be accepted as one of the boys, whether or not he is able to be as such.

People who have not served in the armed forces, particularly those either on active service, or expecting to go on active service can have no idea of the kinds of things that not only go on, but are accepted as part of everyday life.

Serving in the forces is not the same as in civilian life, the camaraderie and banter are completely different and the NOTW is indeed making mountains out of molehills in an attempt to show how bloody right on the paper is.

Spot on St. T!

And now I see the MOD are going to investigate Harry/the 'incident'.

So, I think that I shall take a few hours to jot down the name of every officer I ever served under and write a formal letter of complaint about words they used (whether to me or just in genereral) and I hope the MOD investigates all of them as well!!!

Spot on St. T!

And now I see the MOD are going to investigate Harry/the 'incident'.

So, I think that I shall take a few hours to jot down the name of every officer I ever served under and write a formal letter of complaint about words they used (whether to me or just in genereral) and I hope the MOD investigates all of them as well!!!

to be fair...the ****ing PC brigade would blast the MoD of they did not look like they were acting upon this news...I bet it comes to nothing really

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
to be fair...the ****ing PC brigade would blast the MoD of they did not look like they were acting upon this news...I bet it comes to nothing really

I agree, and I would expect him to be given a reprimand and told he was an idiot and to make sure no c*nt was videoing him next time.

Im not sure who has determined that calling someone a raghead is deemed as racist. Who ever it is a bloody idiot.

Perhaps the army should issue every squaddy a yellow card to advise him that before he shoots a would be suicide bomber . He refers to the gentleman concerned not as a f***ing raghead but must state that before I shoot the murdering scum he must apologise for the fact that that the squaddie must kill him for going about his legimate daily tasks of killing the infidels that have invaded his country.

Some people out there need to get a reality check. Those scum bag terroist ragheads have no respect for their own people let alone our own soldiers trying to improve life in afghan and Iraq. You should see the carnage caused by these nasty suicide bombers and those who place roadside bombs.

Before to long it will be politically incorrect to call someone a c**t for fear of offending the female genetalia.

A mate of mine is called Taff Davies. do I stop calling him taff now.

Oh and dont get be started on the israeli terrorists of 1948

Edited by Viking Warrior

Our brilliant forces have a tough enough job to do already without the need for some gutter press tabloid to drag up something from three years ago. A bloke is given a nickname (as all forces personal are from my 24 years experience) and if you watched the clip on tv Harry in no way said it in a malice sort of way but in terms of his nickname. People who have not served in the armed forces should realise the forces work hard and play hard, what is said the majority of times is in jest and in no way racist. Some people really need to get a f u c k ing life. Well done to all those who support Harry on being a normal person.

Where does this all stop? If short people are called Shorty or Stumpy for example, or hairless men baldy, is that as bad as "racist" names (Paki, Raghead etc.) They all have traits that they can`t do anything about. Is it "racist" to call the French Frogs or Italians Eyeties or Germans Krauts or English Limeys? Jocks, Paddies, Taffs - the list goes on.