I hate Red**** so ****ing much

hypochondriac

But more than hating Him I hate the press around him who act like he is some sort of football genius. I had to lugh at his latest quote. The biggest tool in football and it's getting to the point where I would prefer them to go down more than the skates (with skates next year.)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7823184.stm

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp was highly critical of his players after seeing them lose 1-0 at Wigan.

"At the moment we have some players who cost this football club a lot of money and they need to be better for the team," said Redknapp.

"They are supposed to be quality players - and they have got to show that on the football pitch.

"If you look at our results - two points from eight games - it cannot always be the manager's fault, can it?"

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

They've got more than 2 points from their last 8 league matches, I think they've got 8.

They have had 2 points from their last 8 matches, but three of those games were cup ties. So all in all, a strange thing for Harry to say.

Not really strange but very transparent. Trying to absolve himself of any blame should they go down. I hate him.

Not really strange but very transparent. Trying to absolve himself of any blame should they go down. I hate him.

Yeah but what does he gain by making it sound like they are doing worse than they actually are?

Most people's reactions to reading that will be 'bloody hell, 2 points from 8 games? What a crap job Harry is doing.'

Or perhaps he's referring to their FIRST 8 games of the season under Ramos where they had 2 points from 8 games - perhaps it's almost a veiled defence of him as the performances since Redknapp has arrived (apart from the inevitable honeymoon period) have generally still been rubbish.

Of course, he's clearly still trying to cover his own arse for what will be an amusing second half of the season for most neutrals. Interesting that the only other time where he publicly slagged off his players was when he was in charge of us, and we all know how that one ended...

Andy Dunn in NOTW yesterday praising HR. HR is a **** of highest order in the footballing world, how much has he made out of Defoe. He always blames others, good to hear a few Spud fans on the radio moaning about him and his coaching staff!!! Going down with Kevin and Joe!

What has HR got to look forward to? abuse by Skates next week (bet Sol is injured), dicked by Man U at Wembley, Jenas slagging him off in papers when he moves and the Old Bill knocking on his door again.

PS. Will he be slagging off the Spuds fans after they abuse Sol whether he plays or not?

Next weeks Spurs V Skates clash is a real 6-pointer actually. I think Stoke will carry on picking up points and both Spurs and the Skates are in real danger. If the Skates win, the pressure will start to pile up on Harry and would put the Skates on 26 points. If they lose, Spurs will be level with them and the Skates will be relying on Boro continuing their poor run or Hull dropping in. I think Big Sam will get Blackburn out of it so anyone up to Hull are serious candidates to go down. Wigan on 31 should be fine now even with a slump in form.

Redknapp's comments were odd but designed to push Levy to up his bid for Downing. No coincidence that Downing plays for one of Spurs relegation rivals. I think back to last night's Sir Alan Sugar programme and Harry is definately the London media's new Bambi, taking over from Venables. Actually, I'm not sure who is worse, Harry or Terry?

Andy Dunn in NOTW yesterday praising HR. HR is a **** of highest order in the footballing world, how much has he made out of Defoe. He always blames others, good to hear a few Spud fans on the radio moaning about him and his coaching staff!!! Going down with Kevin and Joe!

What has HR got to look forward to? abuse by Skates next week (bet Sol is injured), dicked by Man U at Wembley, Jenas slagging him off in papers when he moves and the Old Bill knocking on his door again.

PS. Will he be slagging off the Spuds fans after they abuse Sol whether he plays or not?

Doubt if Harry will comment on any Sol abuse, very hypocritical. Not surprised by another sycophantic article by one of the tabloids - Jeff Powell was always Venables PR man and of course Charles Sale does Rupert's newspaper PR. Harry is simply the new ****ney untouchable post-Venables. Why do people even bother buying newspapers?

there was a football writers award dinner for arry last night....

Saw him being interviewed outside it, strange when asked about highs and lows he made no reference to taking us down or winning the cup with them lot, had he not made the comment last week about the FA CUP he probably would have bigged that up, sh!t(unt of the highest order

I actually thought Harry was telling half truths - but a manager is accountable no matter what he says .....there's about 3 passengers in that Spurs team, but he chose to play them. In a way he was telling his boss that he needs funds/needs to make changes. I think Bale will move on if he has any sense.

Redknapp quote from 27/10/08:

"When I took over at Portsmouth, in the first game we played, I thought 'how am I going to get this lot out of [the relegation zone]?' because we were so poor. But this team is full of quality. Ledley King, when he's fit, is a great player. [Defender Vedran] Corluka plays for Croatia, [Luka] Modric can play and the ball from [David] Bentley for the first goal was world-class."

Redknapp quote from 22/01/09:

"this is a football club that has been put together by I don't know who and I don't know how. It's a mish-mash of players with people playing where they want to play. It's scary"

A bit contradictory eh?

Also, how come HR is finding it so easy to bypass the rule that you have to spend at least 12 months away from a club before you rejoin?

They got away with it with Defoe, and I think people thought 'yeah maybe that's fair enough as it was only a c ock up that stopped it going through on time last January'.

But since then they have re-signed Chimbonda, who only left Spurs in the summer.

And now they are talking about Keane going back, who again only left last summer.

Does Redknapp have a different rulebook to everyone else?

Also, how come HR is finding it so easy to bypass the rule that you have to spend at least 12 months away from a club before you rejoin?

They got away with it with Defoe, and I think people thought 'yeah maybe that's fair enough as it was only a c ock up that stopped it going through on time last January'.

But since then they have re-signed Chimbonda, who only left Spurs in the summer.

And now they are talking about Keane going back, who again only left last summer.

Does Redknapp have a different rulebook to everyone else?

I think he keeps that rulebook in a brown paper bag!!

It was amusing to see he reeled off his "We only had 2 points in 8 games when I arrived here" line last night on Match of the Day.

On another equally amusing note, I've heard Spurs could be in trouble for fielding Wilson Palacios (probably spelt wrong) when he was supposed to be undergoing a 2 match suspension from his time at Wigan. I'm not sure how true that is, but could it lead to a possible points deduction if true? :smt022

• 2 weeks later...