PDA

View Full Version : Hattrick

Pages : [1] 2

TopGun
12-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Five seasons and 18 months into the game and I have won my division 6 title. W00t! Got to play a qualifier for promotion though and the chances of winning it are very remote. Sigh.

Iowsaintsfan
12-01-2009, 02:41 PM
I got promoted this season too! though went up with automatic promotion and got nearly a million in the bank for new players!!! :)

The Worm
12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
stopped playing now, only log in to keep my team alive. currently have nearly 8 million in the bank

TopGun
14-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Blimey. Most I have ever had is £1.2m.

jeff leopard
15-01-2009, 12:33 PM
I've just signed up, does any one have any advice on how to get started and whip my bunch of inadequates into shape?

Iowsaintsfan
15-01-2009, 08:39 PM
it takes a while to get to grips with tbh dont expect to be walking leagues straight away well unless your league is full of "bots"

Feel free to challenge my team the Wight Diamonds if you fancy a game, i will play my reserve team!

If you fancy another online footie game see the Xpert 11 thread lower down the page!

TopGun
19-01-2009, 12:08 PM
it takes a while to get to grips with tbh dont expect to be walking leagues straight away well unless your league is full of "bots"

Feel free to challenge my team the Wight Diamonds if you fancy a game, i will play my reserve team!

If you fancy another online footie game see the Xpert 11 thread lower down the page!

I have challenged you!

Iowsaintsfan
19-01-2009, 07:16 PM
I have challenged you!

and accepted! :) ooh just so you know, ive made a few signing and want to give them a run out so it wont be my reserves now!

LatvianTolix
22-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I have played 8 seasons now, winning 6th league 3 times, now in the 5th finishing 4th place, my best league achievement. Unfortunately, have problems with Cup games, cant reach 4th round at all. :-( Hope to make a good cup run, if i would avoid injuries.

TopGun
23-01-2009, 01:46 PM
and accepted! :) ooh just so you know, ive made a few signing and want to give them a run out so it wont be my reserves now!

Bugger. Didn't read this post in time! 6-1 to you!

Iowsaintsfan
23-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Bugger. Didn't read this post in time! 6-1 to you!

re-match?

TopGun
27-01-2009, 05:23 PM
re-match?

Sure, after we both get booted out of the cup.

Iowsaintsfan
27-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Sure, after we both get booted out of the cup.
That will be tonight then, well for me anyway. Im playing a bot but sent a full strength team out on easy ready for the start of the season to hit the ground running so to speak, has worked the last few seasons

Iowsaintsfan
27-01-2009, 09:05 PM
ok, so i sneeked through with a 9-0 win :D

jeff leopard
28-01-2009, 04:08 PM
oh lordy

I've played two games so far, lost a friendly 9-0 so I went about looking to tightened things up and get players in their strongest positions.

I then played a cup match and the improvement was considerable, we lost 8-0.

Whats the deal with transfers? I put bids in, it says the deadline is at 18.00 today, 18.00 comes along and the deadline has moved back 5 minutes. This keeps happening until I'm priced out of the transfer. What gives?

Iowsaintsfan
28-01-2009, 05:50 PM
You have to be leading the transfers for a clear 3 minutes, i advise you dont buy anyone under strong rating

TopGun
30-01-2009, 12:43 PM
oh lordy

I've played two games so far, lost a friendly 9-0 so I went about looking to tightened things up and get players in their strongest positions.

I then played a cup match and the improvement was considerable, we lost 8-0.

Whats the deal with transfers? I put bids in, it says the deadline is at 18.00 today, 18.00 comes along and the deadline has moved back 5 minutes. This keeps happening until I'm priced out of the transfer. What gives?

I try to buy in the middle of the day or dead of night and sell in the evening time.

Iowsaintsfan
01-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Oooh new season starts today in my new higher league, expect the excitement to change to dissapoinment by tonight :(

jeff leopard
02-02-2009, 08:32 AM
i started my first season with a 4-0 win last night, especially pleasing after loosing my first two games in charge 9-0 and 8-0. My fans have gone from irritated to calm :)

TopGun
02-02-2009, 12:23 PM
i started my first season with a 4-0 win last night, especially pleasing after loosing my first two games in charge 9-0 and 8-0. My fans have gone from irritated to calm :)

I beat my closest rival 3-0 so a good start!

Iowsaintsfan
02-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I got smacked last night! great start! :(

jeff leopard
02-02-2009, 08:47 PM
I got smacked last night! great start! :(

sack the board!

how financially prudent should i be? my heart says buy a decent keeper and bite some debt. Is it -£300,000ish before you go bust?

TopGun
02-02-2009, 09:40 PM
sack the board!

how financially prudent should i be? my heart says buy a decent keeper and bite some debt. Is it -£300,000ish before you go bust?

Keepers are the easiest to train up. On average if you set training for goalkeepers the TSI will increase by 500 each week. Keepers by TSI are cheaper than other players for that reason. I would spend maybe £60,000 on one of about 2,000 TSI and train him up from there.

I've never gone into debt so not sure how hard it is to get out but I know loads of people give up because they are in debt having spent poorly as novices. They expect it to be like FM where you buy a player and suddenly it's all brilliant. The thing to remember is you are playing real people, not a computer.

jeff leopard
03-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Cheers TG

i didn't realise what TSI meant until your post.

I'll follow your advice and try to sign a keeper late tonight.

Iowsaintsfan
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Im train up keepers then selling 1 to fund the rest of my team have been doing it for 2 seasons now after topguns advice!

TopGun
03-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Im train up keepers then selling 1 to fund the rest of my team have been doing it for 2 seasons now after topguns advice!

Don't listen to me! Shocker of a 4-1 defeat tonight to go out of the cup!

Iowsaintsfan
03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Don't listen to me! Shocker of a 4-1 defeat tonight to go out of the cup!

oooh crap id forgot about the cup, better go check!!

Iowsaintsfan
03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
crap im out too lost 3-1! friendly???

TopGun
04-02-2009, 06:23 AM
crap im out too lost 3-1! friendly???

Why not? Reserves?

Iowsaintsfan
04-02-2009, 07:50 AM
yeah sounds good to me, send me a challenge

jeff leopard
23-02-2009, 09:31 AM
Stare into my wild eyes and laugh at my gay microphone for I am Hattrick's Phil Brown! Kind of. My first first season is going much better than expected, my fans feared a dour relegation struggle and yet after four games I'm second in the league with a 100% record! Admittedly itís a rubbish league with lots of bot-teams and human sides in a Saints-like states of decline. My first three games were against bot-teams which got the ball rolling and settled everyone down nicely. Yesterday's game was against a human team and I was genuinly surprised that I gave them a semi-spanking (4-0). There was a really bad tempered end to the game with a flurry of bookings and bad injuries, which I found hilarious. This was the first time I set tactics, using my wingers to attack!attack!attack! My next game is a top of the table clash against the side that has thumped everyone so far 8 or 9 nil. So if I can keep it respectable then I'll be happy, although it could be time that my side are brought down to earth with a bump. But at the moment, my fans are dancing in the streets (as opposed to marching ;))

I'm guessing that we can't make changes during a game unless we state them before kick-off? It seems a bit strange but maybe it needs to be like this to ensure all the games finish at the same time. If anyone wants to give me a friendly then I'm the sinistry of mound fc, come down to our fortress, the kiss-my-face areana.

And if anyone has a striker and right back who they don't need anymore, and who would have a field day down in league 7, we should do some shady deal (like put them up for sale late at night) so I can pick them up nice and cheap ;) You can have some of my youngsters to do whatever you like with them. Just be certain to cut their hands off and smash their teeth in before you dump their remains.

Iowsaintsfan
23-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Stare into my wild eyes and laugh at my gay microphone for I am Hattrick's Phil Brown! Kind of. My first first season is going much better than expected, my fans feared a dour relegation struggle and yet after four games I'm second in the league with a 100% record! Admittedly itís a rubbish league with lots of bot-teams and human sides in a Saints-like states of decline. My first three games were against bot-teams which got the ball rolling and settled everyone down nicely. Yesterday's game was against a human team and I was genuinly surprised that I gave them a semi-spanking (4-0). There was a really bad tempered end to the game with a flurry of bookings and bad injuries, which I found hilarious. This was the first time I set tactics, using my wingers to attack!attack!attack! My next game is a top of the table clash against the side that has thumped everyone so far 8 or 9 nil. So if I can keep it respectable then I'll be happy, although it could be time that my side are brought down to earth with a bump. But at the moment, my fans are dancing in the streets (as opposed to marching ;))

I'm guessing that we can't make changes during a game unless we state them before kick-off? It seems a bit strange but maybe it needs to be like this to ensure all the games finish at the same time. If anyone wants to give me a friendly then I'm the sinistry of mound fc, come down to our fortress, the kiss-my-face areana.

And if anyone has a striker and right back who they don't need anymore, and who would have a field day down in league 7, we should do some shady deal (like put them up for sale late at night) so I can pick them up nice and cheap ;) You can have some of my youngsters to do whatever you like with them. Just be certain to cut their hands off and smash their teeth in before you dump their remains.

I have a striker that you might be interested in, no you cant make changes in the game unless they where dun before kick off. Oh i tried to find you for a friendly but cant find you, Challenge me instead if you want Wight Diamonds.

Im having a poor start to my new season after getting promoted last year with just the 1 win in the league so far :(

jeff leopard
23-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I have a striker that you might be interested in

Awesome. Are there any ways for shady dealings in hattrick?

Challenge me instead if you want Wight Diamonds.

Done.

Iowsaintsfan
23-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Awesome. Are there any ways for shady dealings in hattrick?

not that im aware of top gun might know of some as he is more clued up on it than i am!

Iowsaintsfan
23-02-2009, 01:27 PM
ooh that player is: not only a striker but a defender too, tbh not bad at either especially if you are just starting out!

Sergiu Ciubotariu (http://www87.hattrick.org/Club/Players/Player.aspx?PlayerID=74215976&BrowseIds=116210320,147044496,65679500,74215976,16 2933495,147076788,228547390,225161191,216623510,15 1737648,208694330,154613496,162933491,177223820,57 732818,191804793,224354567,162933500,55675025,2232 91400,47393051,184977957,160091509,116164457,11584 1624)
31 years and 48 days, TSI = 1 150
In solid (http://www87.hattrick.org/Help/Rules/AppDenominations.aspx?lt=skillshort&ll=7#skillshort) form, passable (http://www87.hattrick.org/Help/Rules/AppDenominations.aspx?lt=skill&ll=6#skill) stamina.
Keeper: http://www87.hattrick.org/App_Themes/Standard/progressBar/p3.png disastrous (http://www87.hattrick.org/Help/Rules/AppDenominations.aspx?lt=skill&ll=1#skill) Defending: http://www87.hattrick.org/App_Themes/Standard/progressBar/p3.png solid (http://www87.hattrick.org/Help/Rules/AppDenominations.aspx?lt=skill&ll=7#skill) Playmaking: http://www87.hattrick.org/App_Themes/Standard/progressBar/p3.png poor (http://www87.hattrick.org/Help/Rules/AppDenominations.aspx?lt=skill&ll=3#skill) Winger: http://www87.hattrick.org/App_Themes/Standard/progressBar/p3.png inadequate (http://www87.hattrick.org/Help/Rules/AppDenominations.aspx?lt=skill&ll=5#skill) Passing: http://www87.hattrick.org/App_Themes/Standard/progressBar/p3.png poor (http://www87.hattrick.org/Help/Rules/AppDenominations.aspx?lt=skill&ll=3#skill) Scoring: http://www87.hattrick.org/App_Themes/Standard/progressBar/p3.png solid (http://www87.hattrick.org/Help/Rules/AppDenominations.aspx?lt=skill&ll=7#skill) Set pieces: http://www87.hattrick.org/App_Themes/Standard/progressBar/p3.png solid (http://www87.hattrick.org/Help/Rules/AppDenominations.aspx?lt=skill&ll=7#skill)

Will wait before listing him if you want him just to see if Top Gun has any ideas

Iowsaintsfan
24-02-2009, 11:37 AM
he will start against you in the friendly tonight so you can see if he is worthy!

jeff leopard
25-02-2009, 12:11 PM
he will start against you in the friendly tonight so you can see if he is worthy!

He seemed to have a good game so I'm definately still up for having a go at signing him.

Cheers for an intersting game, bookended by a dodgy penalty each. After being 3 down after less than 20 minutes I feared a 0-9 drubbing so to come out at 1-5 was something of a relief. My players actually finished with some pretty good ratings although they were clearly out-classed.

The only disappointment was the low turn out, 350 punters. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

Iowsaintsfan
25-02-2009, 04:02 PM
i have to say that was only my reserves that played giving them a run out! :D

jeff leopard
25-02-2009, 09:55 PM
well, two of my defenders were injured and it was a bit make shift in midfield, plus i told them to only give about 75% ;)

and my reserves are dire.

but i'm glad it wasn't too one sided as I've got a big game this sunday. they'll turn me over but if its only by 4 or 5 i'll see that as a bizarre moral victory.

if you're still willing to sell matey, shall we have a go at getting him into my squad in time?

(who i'm i kidding, he'd go straight into the starting line-up)

Iowsaintsfan
27-02-2009, 02:11 PM
well put him on the transfer market now

jeff leopard
01-03-2009, 02:47 PM
well put him on the transfer market now

is he still on sale? i just had a search using his stats but couldn't see him.

i'll arrange another date for the away leg of the friendly as i'm playing the stain's team on tuesday.

i fear a hattrick spanking tonight off the top side, they've been handing out 9-0s to all and sundry this season.

Iowsaintsfan
01-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah hes still on sale, i think it runs out tomorrow or maybe tuesday?! yeah have a friendly whenever mate just sent me a challenge

TopGun
01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
The most common shady dealing comes when somebody runs two or more teams simultaneously and spends £500000 on a crock of crap from the other team thus raising funds for the team he wants to actually use. It's pretty obvious when it happens though and dodgy transfers can be reported. Then the person involved is banned and the teams become bots.

the stain
02-03-2009, 11:43 AM
is he still on sale? i just had a search using his stats but couldn't see him.

i'll arrange another date for the away leg of the friendly as i'm playing the stain's team on tuesday.

i fear a hattrick spanking tonight off the top side, they've been handing out 9-0s to all and sundry this season.

Be afraid. I just played my first game and won comfortably. Amon Duul III will walk this league.

See you at Stain Road.

jeff leopard
02-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Be afraid. I just played my first game and won comfortably. Amon Duul III will walk this league.

See you at Stain Road.

excellent result, it makes tuesday night look a bit tasty. i was going to get the kids out but now i'm thinking about limiting my fiddling to giving a couple of subs a run out and try out some established faces in new zany positions.

i lost badly on sunday, i bit like saints/man u this season, the score wasn't too unkind on us but we were beaten down like dogs. i'd hope to have a go at them being only 0-1 down at half time, but no. i bought an argentine defender with really good stats just before the game, put him in the team and there was a huge bust up in the dressing room and my great team spirit has turned to anger! against me! :smt022

i feel like i've been raped in the back

so yeah, tuesday.

Iowsaintsfan
02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
I lost 1-0 sunday not too down hearted with that 1

the stain
04-03-2009, 02:28 PM
i feel like i've been raped in the back

How d'you like the hot thrill of the stain up you?

This bidding on players malarkey is a bit of a trial. Sukkaz keep outbidding me. :mad:

Iowsaintsfan
04-03-2009, 03:44 PM
I see that guy i tried to sell to you Jeff ended up going for 100k+

jeff leopard
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
How d'you like the hot thrill of the stain up you?

Not much, i can tell you. The home leg could be equally uncomfortable.

Your team's alright.

jeff leopard
11-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Last night was a crazy one for sports, with all the key fixtures ending in draws. England's cricketers so nearly pulled a win out the bag in the most dramatic of styles, Saints could have come away with three points but had to make do with one, and the sinistry of mound fc and the stain's second string had it out in a bruising six-goal thriller which finally ended with honours even. Considering my boys were seemingly dead and buried at half time, the result is a welcome morale booster just before two MASSIVE games which will determine who gets promoted in our league.

I've got back-to-back games against my main promotion rivals who hilariously drew 0-0 on Sunday, giving me a two point (and big goal difference) lead on them. I don't want to count my metaphorical chickens but I reckon if I win one of them I should squeak through, a win and a draw would make me favourites to hold on the second spot, whilst two defeats would leave me trailing in their wake. Two wins and I'll be spending the rest of the season in a post-Ashes Freddie Flintoff state.

These are exciting times for the mound :smt041

Greedyfly
12-03-2009, 04:32 AM
This sounds fab....Is it is good as you guys are making out?

Whats the deal with it anyway?

Will it eat away of what is left of my summer evenings here in Oz?

Melbourne Saint
12-03-2009, 05:38 AM
Definitely give it a go Greedyfly.

My team is FC Crouchzinho, currently first in Division IV.37 in Oceania. I've been playing since December 2005 and I've progressed from Division VI to IV. Hopefully I can get promoted this season although my defensively trained team will get thrashed in III.

It's a hard game to work out at the beginning but once you get a training program in place and start making money from selling your trainees it becomes a lot more rewarding.

jeff leopard
12-03-2009, 02:58 PM
It's a hard game to work out at the beginning but once you get a training program in place and start making money from selling your trainees it becomes a lot more rewarding.

I've tried selling my young 'uns but no one will touch them with a barge-pole, but to be fare, they are rubbish. Do you have any pointers in regards to training them up?

TopGun
14-03-2009, 10:28 AM
I've tried selling my young 'uns but no one will touch them with a barge-pole, but to be fare, they are rubbish. Do you have any pointers in regards to training them up?

I spend the maximum amount on my youth team but still only get about three decent players a season promoted but I think I have it sussed now. Rotation of players is key. I had a reasonable goalie but I improved his defence by playing him there too and he came into my squad with a TSI of 2,000.

the stain
16-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Last night was a crazy one for sports, with all the key fixtures ending in draws. England's cricketers so nearly pulled a win out the bag in the most dramatic of styles, Saints could have come away with three points but had to make do with one, and the sinistry of mound fc and the stain's second string had it out in a bruising six-goal thriller which finally ended with honours even. Considering my boys were seemingly dead and buried at half time, the result is a welcome morale booster just before two MASSIVE games which will determine who gets promoted in our league.

I've got back-to-back games against my main promotion rivals who hilariously drew 0-0 on Sunday, giving me a two point (and big goal difference) lead on them. I don't want to count my metaphorical chickens but I reckon if I win one of them I should squeak through, a win and a draw would make me favourites to hold on the second spot, whilst two defeats would leave me trailing in their wake. Two wins and I'll be spending the rest of the season in a post-Ashes Freddie Flintoff state.

These are exciting times for the mound :smt041

You also managed to break two of my better players ;)

If I'd been in charge of this team from the start of the season, we would be walking VII.552. All good experience though, and I'm starting to get the hang of the transfer market...

Iowsaintsfan
17-03-2009, 07:35 AM
If anyone wants a friendly.... Wight Diamonds!

jeff leopard
17-03-2009, 09:27 AM
If anyone wants a friendly.... Wight Diamonds!

I'll give you another game but as you're two leagues above me its going to be a bit one-sided, even if you field weakest possible side, especially as I'm going to take your advice and start swapping players around, trying them in new positions and getting my kids out.

In what was undoutedly my most exciting and nail-biting game of hattrick yet, I won the first of my back-to-back six pointers against my promotion rivals, 3-5 (the away leg). We kept taking the lead and they kept equalising until the last ten minutes of the game when we opened our legs and showed our class. This gives me a five point cushion, if I win the next game against them on Sunday then the gap between me and third place will be 8 points and I'll probably be able to seal promotion with three more wins, all of which can come against bot-teams.

My side aren't remotely ready for promotion and have a lot of improving to do, but hey, you can only beat whats infront of you.:smt021

Iowsaintsfan
18-03-2009, 07:52 AM
i always play my weakest team in friendlies to give them match experience

jeff leopard
18-03-2009, 09:51 AM
i always play my weakest team in friendlies to give them match experience

I'm starting to do that too, i was planning on it anyway. I've got a friendly tonight in Russia (costing me four grand in flights!) so now i'm tempted to put a couple of my 'stars' in so its not too embarrassing (flying the flag and all that).

Iowsaintsfan
18-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm starting to do that too, i was planning on it anyway. I've got a friendly tonight in Russia (costing me four grand in flights!) so now i'm tempted to put a couple of my 'stars' in so its not too embarrassing (flying the flag and all that).

ahhh i see, FOR ENGLAND JAMES!

the stain
19-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks for accepting my challenge, Iowsaintsfan. See you at Stain Road.

Iowsaintsfan
19-03-2009, 06:04 PM
looking forward to it!

the stain
25-03-2009, 01:05 PM
looking forward to it!

Well, at least I've learnt a few things about my second string... ;)

jeff leopard
25-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Well, at least I've learnt a few things about my second string... ;)

It wasn't that bad, not as bad as my reserve side for example. I played a league 5 side last night who enjoyed 84% of possession in the first half and then 86% in the second, the fact it only ended 5-0 was down to them missing a hatful of chances. My side didn't generate a single opening. I've got some players who are really terrible and pushing 30 so I'm thinking about taking them out for a drive and leaving them there. I've tried selling them but clearly no one is stupid enough to even waste £667 on them.

My first team have pretty much guaranteed promotion up to league 6 after winning both of our six pointers! :smt035=D>:smt045:smt023:minigun::smt033 Three games ago there was only goal difference seperating me and third place, now we're eight points clear and they are broken and sorry looking men.:D

It dawned on me that the players who I've bought in this season are all pushing 30, they've done the job but are all short term solutions. So I'm buying young now and have already got a couple really promising defenders. I started one of them in the league match on Sunday and after very nearly getting sent off for a rugby tackle, he settled right in and was loving it by the time I pulled him off (ffnar).

the stain
25-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah, 3-0 wasn't too bad. Really it was a good chance to give a run out to the keeper I just hoiked out of the youth team. Otherwise it just confirmed that I've got 4 or 5 squad players that really won't cut it.

I joined the league about four matches in, matches which my electronic predecessor (e-decessor?) managed to lose by about 20 goals to nil. Since then I've won every game and am comfortably third, but there's an unassailable margin to be overhauled to the promotion places.

So I've been stretching the budget for quality youngsters in key positions, hopefully next season will be a goal bespangled carnival of victory.

jeff leopard
25-03-2009, 03:47 PM
I joined the league about four matches in, matches which my electronic predecessor (e-decessor?) managed to lose by about 20 goals to nil. Since then I've won every game and am comfortably third, but there's an unassailable margin to be overhauled to the promotion places.

Thats a shame, but think of how strong you'll be next season RAAARRR!!!!

Smirking_Saint
26-03-2009, 01:30 PM
Just started this game, had not heard of it before.... Come on you netley centrals !!!!!!

Seems quite difficult though, is it worth starting a youth academy straight away or wait a few leagues ?? (if i get there)

jeff leopard
27-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Just started this game, had not heard of it before.... Come on you netley centrals !!!!!!

Seems quite difficult though, is it worth starting a youth academy straight away or wait a few leagues ?? (if i get there)

the sinistry of mound fc will give you a friendly in the coming weeks, if you'd like :).

i've also wondered about starting a youth team, would be interested to hear other's thoughts on the matter.

Smirking_Saint
28-03-2009, 12:39 AM
cool, go on then, not a clue what i am doing but hell i will give it a go

TopGun
28-03-2009, 12:12 PM
the sinistry of mound fc will give you a friendly in the coming weeks, if you'd like :).

i've also wondered about starting a youth team, would be interested to hear other's thoughts on the matter.

I spend full whack on youth but so far it has only paid limited dividends. One good goalie and a couple of decent defenders. Definitely down on my investment. But have a player who looks like he will be good allround when I promote him but leaving it until as late as possible.

TopGun
29-03-2009, 09:57 PM
A good 6-0 victory today but I am third with all three top teams on 24 points. I play the top team at home next week and I think I need to buy in. The dilemma is buying one readymade rather than three possibles for the future... I have about £900K in the bank. I am in Div VI but a tough one. I won it last season but didn't get promoted. My squad is quite a bit worse than the other two teams by total TSI but better balanced. I generally play 3-5-2.

My goalie is fine.
My defence is alright but could be better on TSI. Only let in 5 in 8 games though. But the other two teams are similar letting in 4 and 6 so far.
My midfield has a central guy who has TSI 10000 but one of his sidekicks of 5000 got red carded today. Could have done without that. But I have a young fill in of 3000 (although I had the choice of flogging him or another similar guy a few weeks back. You guessed it, the one I sold is now on 4500 and when I sold him he was 2800. Although I bought them both for less than £2,000 last February).
My wingers are both about 4000 and happy with them atm.
My forwards are light. I haven't really played my top scorer from last season as he is only 2000 and passable but his set pieces are solid. Not sure what to do. He scored 18 last season and that was better than any other player in my division by 5 goals. My other ones are 5500 and 3800 (but he seems to be getting worse and he is approaching 30).

Next week's opposition team has some high TSIs. Top guy is 22000 and 3 or 4 others of 10000+ but then there is little else.

Any thoughts?

PS. Check out So Unreal for a friendly

Iowsaintsfan
30-03-2009, 08:36 AM
8-0 win this weekend for me though it was against a bot and im still 2nd from bottom! need a defender badly!!!

the stain
30-03-2009, 09:48 AM
Another thumping win for Amon Duul III this weekend, but my star winger got red carded.

Turns out my calculations weren't correct. It's still mathematically possible for me to be promoted, but it's going to take some freakishly poor results from the team in second, while I attempt to stifle the cries of the upstart n00b below me.

I fully intend to take charge of my youth team next season, if only because I don't feel I'm wasting enough time on the game...

jeff leopard
30-03-2009, 12:54 PM
The sinistry of mound enjoyed a 4-0 win against a bot-team, edging us closer to promotion. One of my new young 'uns came on as a sub and got his first league goal, which was a nice moment.

I've decided to make the switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2. I got utterly overwhelmed in midfield in a friendly last week (my opposition enjoyed almost 90% of possession in each half) so this will hopefully make us a bit more competitive against the big boys. My next two games, a friendly against a league 6 side and then a top-o-table clash against the champions elect from my league, should hopefully give me an idea of what league 6 will hold in store if I get there.

Have any of you had to sack many players? I've got four really gash players pushing 30 with TSI somewhere between 50 and 100, who average one star per game. I've transfer listed them several times at the minimum price but no one will touch them. I don't want them in my reserves, I don't even want to see their stupid silhouettes anymore.

TopGun
30-03-2009, 05:43 PM
The sinistry of mound enjoyed a 4-0 win against a bot-team, edging us closer to promotion. One of my new young 'uns came on as a sub and got his first league goal, which was a nice moment.

I've decided to make the switch from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2. I got utterly overwhelmed in midfield in a friendly last week (my opposition enjoyed almost 90% of possession in each half) so this will hopefully make us a bit more competitive against the big boys. My next two games, a friendly against a league 6 side and then a top-o-table clash against the champions elect from my league, should hopefully give me an idea of what league 6 will hold in store if I get there.

Have any of you had to sack many players? I've got four really gash players pushing 30 with TSI somewhere between 50 and 100, who average one star per game. I've transfer listed them several times at the minimum price but no one will touch them. I don't want them in my reserves, I don't even want to see their stupid silhouettes anymore.

Sack 'em off! It'll take you four days though.

Iowsaintsfan
30-03-2009, 06:04 PM
this is a useful site if you havent ever looked at it

http://alltid.org/league/6405/index/

just change the league to your league

TopGun
30-03-2009, 07:07 PM

Very useful. Ta.

jeff leopard
30-03-2009, 08:53 PM

thats outstanding!

i was frustrated by the fact i couldn't get a table of my goal scorers.

and now i can see how much their tsi changed after each game/position they played in.

i'm in some sad geeky heaven now :smt083

the stain
31-03-2009, 08:53 AM

I've just made a trouser pudding.

Smirking_Saint
31-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Hmm, 2-0 win this weekend against 2nd with a friendly coming up and then 1st in the league this weekend.

Could still get promoted i think, team is not great but two decent strikers, my decent CB though got pointlessly red carded and the quality midfielder i just brought has upset the team (w*nker)

jeff leopard
01-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Hmm, 2-0 win this weekend against 2nd with a friendly coming up and then 1st in the league this weekend.

Could still get promoted i think, team is not great but two decent strikers, my decent CB though got pointlessly red carded and the quality midfielder i just brought has upset the team (w*nker)

I challenge you to a game, sir!

I switched from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 last night and got beaten 8-1 :D These things take time, I guess.

My changing room has been murderous since I signed a player a while ago, I don't think there is too much you can do about it.

TopGun
01-04-2009, 02:59 PM

I switched from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 last night and got beaten 8-1 :D These things take time, I guess.

My changing room has been murderous since I signed a player a while ago, I don't think there is too much you can do about it.

Play it cool against any bots or crap sides and your dressing room will improve.

the stain
01-04-2009, 03:07 PM

Ha! Same thing happened to me. Switched to a fancy continental 4-3-3 for yesterday's friendly, shipped 7 (SEVEN) goals and lost my sub keeper for 4 (FOUR) weeks. I won't be trying that in the league for a while yet...

Smirking_Saint
02-04-2009, 12:07 AM

Wehehell i am never one to back down in the face of adversity, mind if we wait until i finish my major game thats coming up this saturday ?? Don't know what will happen if i challenge you know. Just want to be fresh ??

If you do mind however, then i will still bring it on, just with no remorse :D

Smirking_Saint
05-04-2009, 06:28 PM
GET IN THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat top of the league 3-2

jeff leopard
05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
GET IN THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat top of the league 3-2

fair play! looks like you're going up.

i had a good result too, playing away to the top of the table team who have thrashed everyone so far. I stuck with my new formation (counter-attacking 3-5-2) despite getting cained in mid-week. Somehow i was 3-0 up within ten minutes! they fought back and it ended 3-3, but still, i didn't imagine for a minute i'd do anything other than lose. I've got a nice run-in now, playing an average human team and then three bot-teams, and all i need is 6 points to get promoted. And now my 3-5-2 formation is rated as excellent!

let me know if you want a friendly on tuesday, if not then no worries. its key that i get four more friendlies in this season as i've got to give the dregs of my squad some regular second-team football. in 'The Wire'-speak, they've got to step up or step aside, or bring something to the party in Aussie cricket-speak. Basically prove their worth before the saving private ryan style assult on to the beach-head of league 6. But they're only gonna do that if i actually play them and probably get spanked a few times in the process.

so you'll probably win.

Smirking_Saint
05-04-2009, 08:09 PM
fair play! looks like you're going up.

i had a good result too, playing away to the top of the table team who have thrashed everyone so far. I stuck with my new formation (counter-attacking 3-5-2) despite getting cained in mid-week. Somehow i was 3-0 up within ten minutes! they fought back and it ended 3-3, but still, i didn't imagine for a minute i'd do anything other than lose. I've got a nice run-in now, playing an average human team and then three bot-teams, and all i need is 6 points to get promoted. And now my 3-5-2 formation is rated as excellent!

let me know if you want a friendly on tuesday, if not then no worries. its key that i get four more friendlies in this season as i've got to give the dregs of my squad some regular second-team football. in 'The Wire'-speak, they've got to step up or step aside, or bring something to the party in Aussie cricket-speak. Basically prove their worth before the saving private ryan style assult on to the beach-head of league 6. But they're only gonna do that if i actually play them and probably get spanked a few times in the process.

so you'll probably win.

Sent a challenge, bring it to the proverbial on.

Hopefully promoted, bought a couple of decent players but NEED a keeper desperately.

Only bot teams left really so hope to keep it up.

jeff leopard
06-04-2009, 08:21 AM
Sent a challenge, bring it to the proverbial on.

Hopefully promoted, bought a couple of decent players but NEED a keeper desperately.

Only bot teams left really so hope to keep it up.

I'm following Top Gun's advice and i'll be playing it cool for the rest of the season, by the end of it the dressing room should be a much happier place.

I went onto my challanges section and I could only see the challange I made to you. I'll cancel that and hopefully your challange to me should emerge, if not, i'll leave a message on here.

jeff leopard
06-04-2009, 08:23 AM
yeah, i cancelled my challange but have no pending challanges, do you want to give it another go?

the stain
06-04-2009, 10:04 AM
W00T!! Another terrific display from Amon Duul III, marred only by a horror challenge on my jinking-dinking winger that puts him out for a month.

Some JCL has signed up in my division and been gifted the undefeated bot team at the top of the table. Stupid bum heads.

Can't quite work out why, in the face of a 6 game winning streak and a heart thumping late surge for promotion, the sponsors are still so angry with me.

Smirking_Saint
06-04-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah, i cancelled my challange but have no pending challanges, do you want to give it another go?

Consider yourself challenged.

(leather glove to the face and all that)

jeff leopard
06-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Consider yourself challenged.

(leather glove to the face and all that)

Yeah!

Prepare to face the might of my 17 year old youth team player! I promted him at an idle moment and blimey, he's sh1t, plus it cost me over a grand.

Hopefully its not going to be too one sided, i've got a couple of first team players in there but the heart and guts of the team are shamefully inexperienced. feel free to get the kids out, we could have a picnic.

Smirking_Saint
06-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Lol, going to stick a few players in to give a run out.

May keep one or two half decent to get the form up.

We shall see.

Currently attempting to sign a decent keeper.

I keep promoting yoof, only for them to be 19 and crap

Smirking_Saint
06-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Cool, new young defender, new young striker, 2 new young midfield, 1 new winger and a new goalkeeper, may all be in the line up.

However, team spirit is murderous, bad times.

TopGun
07-04-2009, 08:38 AM
An emphatic 3-0 victory for So Unreal against one of two promotion rivals in VI 46 sees the team nicely poised in second place with the same points as the leaders. The last day of the season game between the two sides seems increasingly important as title aspirations look set to go down to the wire.

Iowsaintsfan
07-04-2009, 09:01 AM
rubbish got thumped 5-0 this week, critical match on sunday though 3rd from bottom vs 2nd from bottom! have to win to stay up

jeff leopard
07-04-2009, 09:26 PM
That was fun, the sinistry of mound and netley central drew 4-4, with my swedish wonder-kid grabbing a last minute equaliser. Shame about my utility man being injured for the next three games, but it meant that my recently promoted youth team player was on the pitch for much longer than planned and didn't do anything to shame himself. my young strikers were pretty quiet though.

here's a question for the more experienced players, is it worth splashing out £30,000 or so to upgrade my trainer from weak to inadequate? or save up and spend neartly ten times that much on a good one?

Smirking_Saint
07-04-2009, 09:56 PM
How do you do that ?? And or get a new trainer ??

Fair play, good result, my new lads looked good today.

Happy times.

Iowsaintsfan
08-04-2009, 07:20 AM
That was fun, the sinistry of mound and netley central drew 4-4, with my swedish wonder-kid grabbing a last minute equaliser. Shame about my utility man being injured for the next three games, but it meant that my recently promoted youth team player was on the pitch for much longer than planned and didn't do anything to shame himself. my young strikers were pretty quiet though.

here's a question for the more experienced players, is it worth splashing out £30,000 or so to upgrade my trainer from weak to inadequate? or save up and spend neartly ten times that much on a good one?

Personally you want the best possible coach you can afford - tho thats just my opinion

Smirking_Saint
09-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Can't afford one anyways. Is it worth getting a load of cheap 18 yr olds that are better then my originals and just replace the whole team ??

Whats the best amount of players ?? i have 26

jeff leopard
09-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Whats the best amount of players ?? i have 26

i fired the worst of my squad, leaving me with 22 players, four of whom are dross but i'm in no position to replace them with anything other than youth team players at the mo.

does anyone know how much cash we get for being promoted? £100k would do nicely.

Smirking_Saint
09-04-2009, 02:51 PM
i read in the manual you get about 60k for second and an 100k for first (overall) i think

jeff leopard
13-04-2009, 03:45 PM
the sinistry of mound enjoyed their biggest win of the season, 9-0 against an average human-team, which could be attributed to the new coach. my usual star player had an off game and the whole team responded by playing out of their skins.

we're the form team in the league and the top side is having a shocker, they drew 1-1 with a bot-team cutting their lead to one point (and a healthy goal difference). if they slip up again the title is there for the taking

Smirking_Saint
13-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Another 2-0 win and catching on second, although top of the league lost to a team about 5th, getting interesting, i should make it, sending my yoof to an international friendly to see how they get on, got alot of healthy looking 17/18 yr olds i am trying to blood, basically it's like a mini dutch revolution.

TopGun
13-04-2009, 09:46 PM
I won 7-0 but my rivals also won 7-0 and 9-0. Looks like I will have to win away on the last day at the team in top place. They are better than me so need to do some thinking!

Smirking_Saint
15-04-2009, 09:17 PM
well....... played an international friendly tonight......... and it was the biggest disapointment ever. £4,000 to get there only to lose 12-0, spectator income was £4,500, so i get £500 for the privalige. Deep joy. TBF i put out a weak ass young team but they obviously didn't perform.

Oh well.

jeff leopard
15-04-2009, 10:07 PM
well....... played an international friendly tonight......... and it was the biggest disapointment ever. £4,000 to get there only to lose 12-0, spectator income was £4,500, so i get £500 for the privalige. Deep joy. TBF i put out a weak ass young team but they obviously didn't perform.

Oh well.

Yeah, i've stopped playing friendlies abroad, spending thousands just to get roundly beaten.

the stain
16-04-2009, 09:18 AM
The strong yellow jet of my excellent league form is forcing at the pinched tip of the last three games. Amon Duul III stand 7 points adrift of 2nd place, with the top two still to play. The guy who took over the high-flying bot team has seen his form drop out of his grotty, sex-loose ringpiece. I will shaft him while he weeps.

Just picked up a bargain keeper. The run in will be tight.

TopGun
16-04-2009, 02:17 PM
The strong yellow jet of my excellent league form is forcing at the pinched tip of the last three games. Amon Duul III stand 7 points adrift of 2nd place, with the top two still to play. The guy who took over the high-flying bot team has seen his form drop out of his grotty, sex-loose ringpiece. I will shaft him while he weeps.

Just picked up a bargain keeper. The run in will be tight.

You have been challenged by So Unreal Stain!

the stain
16-04-2009, 02:53 PM
You're on. You're bloody on.

Iowsaintsfan
19-04-2009, 07:55 PM
nearly down :(

Smirking_Saint
20-04-2009, 12:06 AM
nearly down :(

Nearly up !!!!

Go on netley central. 9-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!

the stain
20-04-2009, 10:36 AM

And shaft him I did. The arrears are now 4 points, with 2 games to play. To an extent it's out of my hands now. I've won every game since taking charge, but I still need 2nd place to fail to win twice for me to get a sniff at promotion.

TopGun
20-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I had a 7-0 win to remain in second place on goal difference behind the leader. I go to his place last day of the season for a promotion shoot-out.

TopGun
21-04-2009, 10:21 PM
You're on. You're bloody on.

Bit of a dirty game for a friendly Stain! Losing a defender for three weeks is bad. He is one of my regulars. Have to hire a load of docs for speedy recovery!

the stain
22-04-2009, 08:33 AM
Bit of a dirty game for a friendly Stain! Losing a defender for three weeks is bad. He is one of my regulars. Have to hire a load of docs for speedy recovery!

Yeah, sorry about that. One of my CBs got crocked for the season too. Still you did absolutely destroy me on the pitch, if that's any consolation :)

jeff leopard
22-04-2009, 04:14 PM
The Sinistry of Mound fc are now starting to look much too good for league 7 and are itching for a greater challenge. I'm 99.9% promoted, a six point lead with two games left and a MASSIVE goal difference thanks in part to my second consecutive 9-0 win. I need just one point from my last two games against bot-teams. On Sunday the third place team play the top side, if they can force a draw then I could burgle the title at the death.

I guess like most of you, my team is picking up a lot of injuries at this point in the season, but these have nicely co-insided with reserve players coming good and earning some first team experience. The spine of my side is still fit and in great form, but their TSI's are plummeting at an alarming rate. Two of my key players are both 33 so I guess their playing days are coming to an end. What age do players usually retire at? Can I hope to get another couple of years out of them?

We won our first friendly last night (about chuffing time). I've almost got rid of all the deadwood that littered the squad when I took over. I somehow managed to buy a really good 20 year old midfielder for less than £5000. His form is dirt but it looks like he's been rotting in someones reserves all season, I played him last night and despite missing a couple of early chances he came away with two goals and a two star rating so he's in the first team for Sunday (fingers crossed).

Iowsaintsfan
22-04-2009, 04:18 PM
anyone want a friendly this week? - Wight Diamonds

Smirking_Saint
22-04-2009, 04:37 PM
anyone want a friendly this week? - Wight Diamonds

You have been challenged, prepare to be..... well...... happy with a 9-0 win i expect

TopGun
25-04-2009, 05:33 PM
I have a totally full on team for tomoz against a bot cos I need goals to go top on GD with my rival. He has one GD better than me currently. I then go to his park next week for the title but would like to be able to win the div with a draw if required at his place! Hoping for 8-0+ and no injuries and bookings! All or nothing time at So Unreal!

If anyone wants a friendly on Tues look up So Unreal!

jeff leopard
27-04-2009, 11:37 AM
We're promoted up to league 6 with a rather fitting 6-0 win. Two of my young strikers got on the score sheet but the most satisfying aspect was our first capacity crowd of the season, almost twice as much as our previous biggest gate. 1st beat 3rd yesterday so it looks like we'll finish 2nd, but hey we've been 2nd all season so I guess thatís fair.

For those more experienced players, is the move from 7 to 6 particularly painful? Can I expect to get roundly thrashed for the first few weeks?

the stain
27-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Another win for Amon Duul III, albeit at the cost even even more injuries. And now we come to crunch time. One point of second place, one match to go. I've got to beat the champions elect and hope for a favourable result elsewhere. And I've got to hope I don't suffer any more injuries in the midweek friendly or I may not be able to field a side at all...

TopGun
02-05-2009, 12:45 AM
We're promoted up to league 6 with a rather fitting 6-0 win. Two of my young strikers got on the score sheet but the most satisfying aspect was our first capacity crowd of the season, almost twice as much as our previous biggest gate. 1st beat 3rd yesterday so it looks like we'll finish 2nd, but hey we've been 2nd all season so I guess that’s fair.

For those more experienced players, is the move from 7 to 6 particularly painful? Can I expect to get roundly thrashed for the first few weeks?

I think you'll be ok Jeff from 7 to 6 as you'll probably have two or three bots in 6 which will ensure league safety and give you time to strengthen the squad as well. It took me about three seasons in 6 to become a proper title contender but much depends on the luck you have or don't have with competitors in the particular div 6 you end up in. FWIW I enjoy my div 6 as I have two main active rivals and we have also struck up a healthy competition which is fun. It also means when I get promoted to 5 I will go up as a quite strong squad because I have had to improve more while still in 6. I have to win on Sunday to get promotion to 5 at my main rival's ground and I don't think it will happen. That said, I would have enough points to gain auto promotion if it were done like that across all the 6 leagues as I am above the play-off points demarcation for first place winners.

Smirking_Saint
02-05-2009, 10:34 AM
IOW injured my keeper :(

and i need a win

jeff leopard
02-05-2009, 12:49 PM
much depends on the luck you have or don't have with competitors in the particular div 6 you end up in.

i hear ya. its all about having a few good teams to really push you, as well as some bots so the points don't dry up completely. in my last two friendlies i've beaten league 6 reserve teams (with my first team, i admit:D) so i'm feeling fairly confident. i just hope and pray that my two massively important 33 year olds don't retire just yet.

It looks like in most league 6s you can stay up with 4 wins and the odd draw, so yeah, its all about who you get thrown in with.

i'm putting my reserves out on sunday as we're against a shoddy bot-team, we can still win the title but the top side would have to do something really stupid against the bottom side who have just 1 point to their name. its got upset written all over it :rolleyes:

TopGun
02-05-2009, 01:16 PM
i hear ya. its all about having a few good teams to really push you, as well as some bots so the points don't dry up completely. in my last two friendlies i've beaten league 6 reserve teams (with my first team, i admit:D) so i'm feeling fairly confident. i just hope and pray that my two massively important 33 year olds don't retire just yet.

It looks like in most league 6s you can stay up with 4 wins and the odd draw, so yeah, its all about who you get thrown in with.

i'm putting my reserves out on sunday as we're against a shoddy bot-team, we can still win the title but the top side would have to do something really stupid against the bottom side who have just 1 point to their name. its got upset written all over it :rolleyes:

I bang them off when they hit 29!! Some sucker will buy them without reading the rule book that states players go down hill from 30.

Iowsaintsfan
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
IOW injured my keeper :(

and i need a win

Sorry mate, i did have my reserves out too

Smirking_Saint
03-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Sorry mate, i did have my reserves out too

Thats alright, TBH it's my fault for forgetting about the game and fielding a full side lol

Smirking_Saint
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
PROMOTED !!! Happy days

TopGun
03-05-2009, 09:11 PM
PROMOTED !!! Happy days

Well done. I managed second place after being beaten today by the winners.

Smirking_Saint
03-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Got second also however was never going to catch the winners.

Now need to strengthen for next year.

Iowsaintsfan
04-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Well done smirking saint

jeff leopard
04-05-2009, 11:47 AM
thank christy for hattrick, helping to take the edge off southampton's complete and absolute humiliation this season. now i waste all my time worrying about my hattrick side instead.

no drama on the last day so the sinistry of mound also finished second. the top side won 9-0 and we won 8-0, i played my reserve strikers and both came away with hattricks which pleased me deeply.

i'm thinking about blowing all my cash on adding several thousand more seats to the Kissmyface Areana as we had a full house last week. i'd rather do it now then try it half way through next season (if it goes fairly well).

is anyone else doing this international friendly tournament thing during the closed season? i thought i'd go and test my first team for next season.

Smirking_Saint
04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Well done smirking saint

Thanks mate, hope you did ok

thank christy for hattrick, helping to take the edge off southampton's complete and absolute humiliation this season. now i waste all my time worrying about my hattrick side instead.

no drama on the last day so the sinistry of mound also finished second. the top side won 9-0 and we won 8-0, i played my reserve strikers and both came away with hattricks which pleased me deeply.

i'm thinking about blowing all my cash on adding several thousand more seats to the Kissmyface Areana as we had a full house last week. i'd rather do it now then try it half way through next season (if it goes fairly well).

is anyone else doing this international friendly tournament thing during the closed season? i thought i'd go and test my first team for next season.

Thought about doing this tournament, don't think i will do too well but worth the test.

Congrats mate, looking forward to my first full season and hope there are not as many bot teams but we shall see.

:smt041 to all those that did well this year. Up the netley. (in real life too lol)

TopGun
04-05-2009, 07:19 PM

I think I'll give it a miss and regroup the forces. Had three injured in the final game. Am going to used the close season to train goalkeeping.

Happy to do a reserve friendly etc - So Unreal in VI 46...

jeff leopard
04-05-2009, 07:52 PM
I think I'll give it a miss and regroup the forces. Had three injured in the final game. Am going to used the close season to train goalkeeping.

Happy to do a reserve friendly etc - So Unreal in VI 46...

I've already got a friendly booked for tomorrow night, is that the last of the season or do they keep on going?

i bought a keeper the other night with passable skills and a TSI of 2000 for £16,000. i'll train this one up and maybe see if i can make a quick profit, mainly cos he's on over a grand a week.

the stain
05-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Another win for Amon Duul III, albeit at the cost even even more injuries. And now we come to crunch time. One point of second place, one match to go. I've got to beat the champions elect and hope for a favourable result elsewhere. And I've got to hope I don't suffer any more injuries in the midweek friendly or I may not be able to field a side at all...

So despite beating the top side, and despite my 10 victories on the bounce since taking over, second place managed to score a narrow win and leave me 1 point shy of promotion.

:(

Disappointing stuff and not really my fault, but I am going to absolutely spank this division next season.

jeff leopard
10-05-2009, 07:09 PM
they've announced the leagues for next season!!!

mine doesn't look too bad, only two bot-teams :(, a couple of really good sides, and a couple that, on alltid at least, look a bit ordinary.

going by the div 6 leagues this season, 14 points should be enough to keep you up, so i've set myself the target of 5 wins, 4 of which could come against the bot-teams.

i wanna start now!

jeff leopard
14-05-2009, 04:20 PM
If you go onto Alltid you can compare all the teams in your league for the new season. In tables for ratings and stars i'm in the top four, which bodes well. The top three look really good, and its a scrap for survival amongst the rest.

Iowsaintsfan
17-05-2009, 04:46 PM
ive got just 2 bots too, should be in with a shout of promotion

jeff leopard
19-05-2009, 09:42 AM
ive got just 2 bots too, should be in with a shout of promotion

I expect to see you showing the rest of us how its done.

'I can feel it, coming in the air tonight...'

Thats right! Itís the magical night when hattrick sides all over Britain get dumped out of the cup by a cricket score.

I start the new season with a dilema that will probably be a constant theme, how to square up against a 3-4-3 with a midfield packed with 5 star players. The way I see it, I either play it safe and go 4-4-2, or do what most others do and play a 4-5-1, knowing that tonight at least my side's organisation will be all over the shop. Plus, playing one up front at home is asking for trouble, as well we know.

the stain
19-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Oooeeeooo I'm looking forward to this! I've spent big in the window and I'm giving some new lads a run out tonight. 2 key decisions remain before start of season proper: Do I change my coach (he's rubbish but seemed sufficient last season)? And do I manage my own youth team? I think the answers are 'no' and 'yes' respectively, but I'll let tomorrow decide. Bring on tonight's humiliation... :smt041

jeff leopard
20-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Do I change my coach (he's rubbish but seemed sufficient last season)? And do I manage my own youth team? I think the answers are 'no' and 'yes' respectively, but I'll let tomorrow decide.

I'd recommend upgrading the coach if you can afford it, my team definately enjoyed a healthy bounce when the new guy came in. I'm currently deciding whether to scrape the cash togther to upgrade my coach again, or, build a load more fancy seats and push my capacity up to 16,000.

the mound crashed out of the cup last night, which was no great surprise, but it was in a particularly gaoling manner. It was all incredibly tight until the last ten minutes when we missed a sitter and then caved in like a cheap pack of cards :( the only plus points were the attendance (just under 12,000) and one of my spotty herberts got his first ever 3 star rating (so very proud).

there's good news though! they've announced the fixture list and three of my first four games are against bot-teams! so, if everything goes to plan we could have 9 points in the bag nice and early. that will make taking hidings off the big boys somewhat easier to swallow (my metaphor's turned wrong). the first game looks like its going to be really really tight, so a draw wouldn't be the end of the world. but if things go badly against the bot-teams, well, that doesn't bare thinking about.

the stain
20-05-2009, 09:25 AM
I'd recommend upgrading the coach if you can afford it, my team definately enjoyed a healthy bounce when the new guy came in. I'm currently deciding whether to scrape the cash togther to upgrade my coach again, or, build a load more fancy seats and push my capacity up to 16,000.

The money's the only issue. I've put myself in a bit of debt bolstering the squad. But I did make one signing specifically to enable me to promote one of the senior players to coach. Managing the Youth Team is the big one though. It's got to be better than throwing money at a system and getting no decent players out of it. Anyone on here do this successfully?

Anyhow, got absolutely spanked last night by a team 2 flights above me. Took the lead but only really by accident. So concentrating on the league...

jeff leopard
26-05-2009, 12:46 PM
:smt041:smt029WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE, I SAID WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE:smt029:smt041

The mound eased their way into league 6 by beating a bot-team 6-0 and find themselves (for one week only) looking down on everyone else. I've set my sights on finishing forth (and if possible staying in the top four all season), behind the big three but above the 3 bot teams and rubbish human team. We'll get stuffed in the next match and then after that the next three games are against the dross. Whoop whoop!

TopGun
26-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I took my biggest beating in three seasons, 6-0, to the team that will win the league again. Time for some serious market playing.

the stain
27-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Amon Duul III got off to a thumping start, 4-0 against what at k.o. was the only other human team. Now three others have joined, so my possibly not a nailed on romp to the title but a good start.

jawillwill
27-05-2009, 09:34 PM
I signed up for this a couple of weeks ago. I didn't really get what I was doing though. Xpert11 is soooo much better! :cool:

the stain
08-06-2009, 12:45 PM
possibly not a nailed on romp to the title but a good start.

Ha! Nailed on romp it is! 3 games, 3 wins, +18 goal difference. The rest of the season is a formality.

Far more competetive (and fun) has been taking charge of my youth team, Neu 74. To start with you've just got a bunch of local kids, whose skills or lack of are completely unidentified. You're basically starting from scratch, playing them in as many different positions as possible to find out if any of them are actually any good at football at all. Got pummelled in my first match (against a ruddy skate!) but it's a curvy learning rollercoaster.

jeff leopard
08-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Ha! Nailed on romp it is! 3 games, 3 wins, +18 goal difference. The rest of the season is a formality.

So far I'm 3 wins from 3 with a +17 goal difference and I'm feeling pretty smug. Two of my wins were against bots, but the other was against one of the big three, who I brushed aside without any problems. the other two 'big sides' have both lost a game already, planting me at the top of the league. if they can keep taking points off each other then I'm starting to think I've got a shot at back-to-back promotions, despite having the lowest valued squad in the league and playing sides against strikers that average 5 star ratings. I've focused on general training so far as some of my key players started the season on wretched form, and some of their form has gone from 4 to 7 in just a couple of weeks, taking them from mopey-moo's to happy bunnies.

The rest of the season is incredibly open and should be quite exciting. I've got two more games against crap sides before playing the big two twice in a month, that should determine who stays and who goes.

I might give the kiddy thing a go.

the stain
02-07-2009, 10:51 AM
Thread resurrection!

So I'm officially Walking This League now and I'm starting to pack out my 12,000 capacity basic arena. Bearing in mind I'm pretty much nailed on for promotion even at this early stage (so will probably need some cash in the close season for squad improvements), how much should I be looking to spend on expanding the capacity?

Any advice from more seasoned players would be welcome.

TopGun
02-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Thread resurrection!

So I'm officially Walking This League now and I'm starting to pack out my 12,000 capacity basic arena. Bearing in mind I'm pretty much nailed on for promotion even at this early stage (so will probably need some cash in the close season for squad improvements), how much should I be looking to spend on expanding the capacity?

Any advice from more seasoned players would be welcome.

My stadium is 30,000 which I increased in small increments. I made the mistake of buying too many posh seats though as I rarely sell them out.

the stain
02-07-2009, 01:17 PM
My stadium is 30,000 which I increased in small increments. I made the mistake of buying too many posh seats though as I rarely sell them out.

What division are you in now?

I looked at a thread on one of the Hattrick forums about this and someone advised adding:

3000 Terrace
1500 Basic
1500 Under roof
250 VIP

Checked that out and it would cost me £300,000 which is serious cash on my current income.

jeff leopard
02-07-2009, 02:05 PM
My ground at the moment is -

Total capacity: 17 001
Terraces: 10 000
Basic seating: 6 001
Seats under roof: 1 000
Seats in VIP boxes: 0

All my home games so far this season have been in filthy weather and I think my biggest crowd was around 14,000.

Top half of the table at the moment is -

1. the sinistry of mound fc 6 5 1 0 34 3 31 16
2. tels tigers 6 5 0 1 30 7 23 15
3. Dev's Allstars 6 5 0 1 29 6 23 15
4. Cambridge United FC 6 3 1 2 27 9 18 10

I've entered the critical phase of the season where I'll get to see how good the team really is. I drew 1-1 with Cambridge Utd last week, the pitch was a swamp and in the second half the only thing that happened was one of their players getting booked, on a better day I think I would have edged it. My next two games are against tels tigers who have got 5 star players all over the pitch. I've got the best form in the league and I hope that will get me a win and a draw. I'm currently torn whether I should go for broke against them or play defensively, I'll probably play two up front at home and hope we can get early goals. Its all very exciting.

the stain
02-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Cheers for the tips chaps, I might take it slowly and add a few terraces and roofed seats.

The old managing your youth team is proving a painful learning curve, but if I end the season with a couple of genuine prospects then it'll have been worth it.

Smirking_Saint
02-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Hmm, lol.

Completely forgot about this game, was seriously worried but checked anyways and i am 2nd and 5 pts ahead of 3rd place wih 5 consecutive wins !!

I also have £330,000 in the bank, my team seems to be holding up to the pressure, but what should i do ??

ribbo
03-07-2009, 12:34 PM
i've signed up as boca ribbo, but i cant get to the site from work :( what do i do when i get home, get good coaches in and promote all the kids?

maybe i'll find meself some dutch coaches....

jeff leopard
06-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I've entered the critical phase of the season where I'll get to see how good the team really is.

Judging by yesterday's performance, not good enough to worry about getting promoted to league 5 just yet.

I dropped down to third in the league after loosing 1-3 to tels tigers, two of the goals being soft defensive errors :( All I can do now is find a way to take points off them when I travel to their place on Sunday. ho hum. On the plus side, I had my first full house since increasing the capacity of the ground, which earned the club of just under £100, 000 :)

i've signed up as boca ribbo, but i cant get to the site from work :( what do i do when i get home, get good coaches in and promote all the kids?

harsh! I've not had any luck yet promoting the kids so I've leaned towards finding some bargains on the transfer market. i'd suggest hiring a couple of assistant coachs and trying to suss out how many decent players you've got.

the stain
06-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Cheers for all the advice re: stadium capacity. Building work is in progress. Meantime Amon Duul III tonked the so called Liverpoolchamps 0-11, taking our GD after 7 games to +48. I am literally phuqing this league.

One or two of my youth squad look like they might have potential to at least warrant a run out in the senior squad next year.

ribbo
06-07-2009, 01:23 PM
i've got one of each staff + 2 assistant coaches, i got spanked 5-0 away yesterday have bought 2-3 17-18 year olds who appear to be pants but will replace my older yet more pants players over the coming weeks, i find putting in nominal bids at stupid o'clock seem to do the trick :P (i think i got that tip off this thread)

im thinking instead i should have just not done anything and saved up the money for a passable or solid coach (which ever ones near 300k to buy) but at least the youth academy allows me to mess around with the game more,

what did you do in your first season? and have you got any 30yo's to get rid of, i need some exp for no dolla :P

jeff leopard
11-07-2009, 04:51 PM
does anyone wanna play my reserves on tuesday?

the sinistry of mound fc

your place or mine, i'm not fussy.

jeff leopard
14-07-2009, 12:28 PM
REVENGE!!! :smt041\\:D/:smt041

Man alive, what with the cricket and hattrick, I was in some kind of geeky heaven on Sunday afternoon.

After a couple of disappointing results including a 1-3 home defeat last week, the sinistry of mound fc hit back in specacular fashion! I switched from 3-5-2 to 4-5-1 and got two of my midfielders to target their right back (their weakest player) and it worked wonders, three goals in a ten minute spell at the end of the first half and some resolute defending and sublime goalkeeping gave us a 1-3 away win. This takes me back up to second, all I need to do now is win all my remaining matches and the league title is mine! :) I've got another really tough home game on Sunday but if I can win this then I've got 4 crap teams to beat before a possible title-decider right at the end of the season.

have you got any 30yo's to get rid of, i need some exp for no dolla :P

I may get shouted down for this but my 30 somethings are currently holding my teams together. At the heart of my midfield is a 34 year old who had the best game of his whole career on Sunday and has never looked sharper, I've got a 35 year old at the heart of my defence who has been consistantly brilliant since I got him, a 30 year old winger who has recently gone from a two star player to a three star player and a 32 year old keeper who, again, is playing the best football of his life. I've bought a bunch of teenagers to replace them, and a few are already looking good in the first team, but most of them need another season in the reserves before they're ready.

does anyone wanna play my reserves?

no takers for this week, but howabout playing my young-uns next week?

ribbo
14-07-2009, 12:38 PM
no takers for this week, but howabout playing my young-uns next week?

i'll do that :) send a challenge to "boca ribbo" :)

whats all this 2 star 3 star gubbins? i thought that was the players rating when they played?

jeff leopard
15-07-2009, 10:36 AM
i'll do that :) send a challenge to "boca ribbo" :)

Have done :cool:

whats all this 2 star 3 star gubbins? i thought that was the players rating when they played?

if when you look at the games you've played you click on the triangle made out of dots, you get a star rating for each player. my highest star rating for a player is four and a half so far, but i try to only pick first team players who can get three stars plus. for league 7, i imagine you wouldn't want a player that scores less than 2 stars.

ribbo
20-07-2009, 12:47 PM
I got spanked at the weekend by top of the table who are running away with it, my players are coming on nice, i've bought a really good keeper and my players TSI are rocketing up!

looking forward to Sinistry of Mounds youth tomorrow, if anyone else wants a friendly hit up boca ribbo as i've got a few youngsters who cant get into my first team yet who i want to give a run out to :)

jeff leopard
21-07-2009, 09:48 AM
I got spanked at the weekend by top of the table who are running away with it, my players are coming on nice, i've bought a really good keeper and my players TSI are rocketing up!

my dreams of promotion were finally put to the sword on Sunday after a 0-1 defeat to the third place side. It was incredibly tight until I threw a defender up front to make the break-through and then conceeded a goal 30 seconds later. I believe the phrase is 'phuksticks, mother's khunt'. On the plus side, this frees me up to give some of my young uns some first team experience for the rest of the season.

looking forward to Sinistry of Mounds youth tomorrow

me too, my collection of the young, the lame and the desperately out of form will be playing a new formation tonight which will either be a roaring success or a dismall failure, either way, there will be goals!

ribbo
25-07-2009, 03:23 PM
there will be goals!

there were you won 3-0 :P my kids had a good run out though i suppose haha :)

matches this weekend, looking forward, put a load of players on the TL too as im loosing money!!

jeff leopard
28-07-2009, 02:54 PM
there were you won 3-0 :P my kids had a good run out though i suppose haha :)

matches this weekend, looking forward, put a load of players on the TL too as im loosing money!!

cheers for the game

you got a quality keeper there!

whilst the sinistry of mound continue to underwhelm with their recent league form, results else where have blown the title wide open.

1. Dev's Allstars....................10 8 0 2 48 12 36 24
2. tels tigers........................10 8 0 2 45 11 34 24
3. Cambridge United FC .........10 7 1 2 47 11 36 22
4. the sinistry of mound fc...10 7 1 2 40 8 32 22

with four games to go, just 2 points and four goals separate the top half of the table. we've got an easy run-in with games against the three bot teams and then the current league leaders who got battered on Sunday, cambridge united are the form team, coming back from the grave to get a chance to go back up to league 5. Devs Allstars and Tels tigers have a wealth of 5 star-plus players but seem content to **** the league title away. its going to be an exciting conclusion!

ribbo
19-08-2009, 12:43 PM
cheers for the game

you got a quality keeper there!

whilst the sinistry of mound continue to underwhelm with their recent league form, results else where have blown the title wide open.

1. Dev's Allstars....................10 8 0 2 48 12 36 24
2. tels tigers........................10 8 0 2 45 11 34 24
3. Cambridge United FC .........10 7 1 2 47 11 36 22
4. the sinistry of mound fc...10 7 1 2 40 8 32 22

with four games to go, just 2 points and four goals separate the top half of the table. we've got an easy run-in with games against the three bot teams and then the current league leaders who got battered on Sunday, cambridge united are the form team, coming back from the grave to get a chance to go back up to league 5. Devs Allstars and Tels tigers have a wealth of 5 star-plus players but seem content to **** the league title away. its going to be an exciting conclusion!

my keeper is only passable in gk + set pieces and his TSI's dropping like a stone (as are the rest of my players and i dont know why!)

last game this weekend, looks like your playing bottom of the table 2nd is playing 1st and 3rd is playing 5th, so you could very well hit 3rd easy or even 2nd if you make up the 10goal deficit :) im pretty much promoted (not that i really want to be i'll expect i'll come straight back down again) any tips on living in VI ?

jeff leopard
19-08-2009, 02:19 PM
my keeper is only passable in gk + set pieces and his TSI's dropping like a stone (as are the rest of my players and i dont know why!)

last game this weekend, looks like your playing bottom of the table 2nd is playing 1st and 3rd is playing 5th, so you could very well hit 3rd easy or even 2nd if you make up the 10goal deficit :) im pretty much promoted (not that i really want to be i'll expect i'll come straight back down again) any tips on living in VI ?

The whole TSI thing mystifies me, I've trained players for several weeks on the trot and their TSI goes up by about 100. Another player gets dropped and in the first week his TSI goes up almost by a 1000. Very odd.

My season is well and truly over after a 3-2 defeat on Sunday. I decided it was time to blood my young striker and he missed two absolute sitters, in a full-blown comedy style. Bugger.

My advice for league 6 is to get a good league with as many bot teams as possible. I had three of them in my league, but next season there will only be one so I expect it to get a lot tougher. You might want to get some practice of playing a 4-5-1 formation. I've spent pretty much all my money this season on increasing my ground's capacity, its at around 23,000 at the moment which is over £100 grand per capacity crowd. My next investment is a new coach.

But a lot of it is down to the luck of the draw.

Smirking_Saint
19-08-2009, 03:57 PM
In the top two, both on 36 points, both have each other to play (last game i think), and both are well away from the chasing pack.

Should be a good finish to the league.

saints-cris
22-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Will finish top with 0 losses and hopefully just the 1 conceded, but ready to get ruined in level 5. Should have a bout 2 million to spend to improve on everywhere apart from my midfield which is decent. (passable on its day). This is where it gets interesting!

Iowsaintsfan
23-08-2009, 08:15 AM
I have barely looked at it all season and sitting top of the table with about 4mil in the bank, heavy spend pre-season i think ;)

Smirking_Saint
23-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Just smashed the league leaders 8-0, so ended top of the league, onwards and upwards, and a big spend up next year me thinks, my stadium holds around 20,000 so should be ok.

I need a yoof league however, how do i join a decent one ??

Iowsaintsfan
23-08-2009, 09:55 PM
fancy making one and getting all our yoof teams to join?

Smirking_Saint
23-08-2009, 10:07 PM
fancy making one and getting all our yoof teams to join?

Could do, how would i do that ??

Iowsaintsfan
24-08-2009, 08:09 AM
cant remember but it is possible lol, i think its under the youth league section and make/join a league

ribbo
24-08-2009, 10:00 AM
cant remember but it is possible lol, i think its under the youth league section and make/join a league

yeah it is, myself and a couple of mates are in a YL, getting tanked though, 3 games left so the YA seasons not up yet..

im promoted, anyone know anything about the off season cups? do you have to be a paid up member to start/join them?

going to look on alltid.org later to see if there is anywhere that can predict what VI div i'll be in :P

saints-cris
02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Off season cups? The English Cup fixture for each team is up. Iv got a lovely bot team, 2nd round here i come. Level 5 is going to be a challenge but fun, no side has a particularly great attack in my league.. so i should finish 6th and survive.

jeff leopard
02-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Off season cups? The English Cup fixture for each team is up. Iv got a lovely bot team, 2nd round here i come. Level 5 is going to be a challenge but fun, no side has a particularly great attack in my league.. so i should finish 6th and survive.

ditto, my first ever cup win is surely coming :)

i finish mid-table in my first league 6 season, i was top for the first half of the season and then, when it truly counted, my team were like a candle in the wind.

unreliable.

i'm still some way behind the top club in star rating power. i reckon that if this season i get get a couple of my youngsters up to five star performances, next season i can make a dash for league 5 and maybe even stay there.

i've just started a yoof acadamy and i'm literally welling up with excitement at the thought of a saints web league.

excuse me.

Smirking_Saint
02-09-2009, 09:49 PM
God damn, smashed the league with 1 loss all season, smashed the goal charts too, then when i came to the play offs.

Well, lets just say i wish i hadn't bothered

the stain
04-09-2009, 10:56 AM
W00t! Promotion at an easy canter. Maximum points and a +92 goal difference see Amon Duul III to the glory they were cruelly denied last time out.

Not too much tinkering for next season, just clear out the remaining duffers in the squad and get some less duff chaps to warm the bench. Anyone want some duffers?

The stadium's looking handsome now and I'm going to give the coach a chance at the next level.

My youth team though, well... the young boys have suffered a brutal induction to a man's world. With one game left in the season, Neu 74 are bottom of the 'Bongo Bashers' league, with a single, snivelling point to their name (picked up in a goalless draw). Spent too much time trying to coax latent talent from my initial squad. My advice to anyone starting a youth team, first thing you do should be to scout a decent keeper, there almost certainly won't be one in your squad.

Once I finally saw the light and started listening to my scouts, I turned up a few with real potential, enough to give me hope that the investment will be worthwhile in the end.

ribbo
07-09-2009, 07:53 AM
W00t! Promotion at an easy canter.

My advice to anyone starting a youth team, first thing you do should be to scout a decent keeper, there almost certainly won't be one in your squad.

Once I finally saw the light and started listening to my scouts, I turned up a few with real potential, enough to give me hope that the investment will be worthwhile in the end.

Grats :)

i also got promoted in the first season but i inherited a well placed teamslot and 5 teams in my div got taken on at teh same time so i couldnt really loose out, you've got a pretty good team there!

how many youth scouts do you have? I have 2 but im expecting better prospects to be found with the step upto VI, i've not had a keeper yet though, it's the missing link!!

the stain
07-09-2009, 08:59 AM
Grats :)

i also got promoted in the first season but i inherited a well placed teamslot and 5 teams in my div got taken on at teh same time so i couldnt really loose out, you've got a pretty good team there!

how many youth scouts do you have? I have 2 but im expecting better prospects to be found with the step upto VI, i've not had a keeper yet though, it's the missing link!!

I've got 2 scouts atm. I think there's a lot to be gained from getting them to scout in the right part of the country, i.e. where there are a large number of teams.

ribbo
07-09-2009, 12:16 PM
I've got 2 scouts atm. I think there's a lot to be gained from getting them to scout in the right part of the country, i.e. where there are a large number of teams.

so cornwall isnt good then?

(darn)

Smirking_Saint
11-09-2009, 11:14 AM
Right then, much money spent, this season i should be even more devastating.

Upgraded the stadium to 21,000 and have brought an excellent striker, midfielder and CH for large sums of money.

Time to take this league by storm

ribbo
11-09-2009, 11:22 AM
Right then, much money spent, this season i should be even more devastating.

Upgraded the stadium to 21,000 and have brought an excellent striker, midfielder and CH for large sums of money.

Time to take this league by storm

haha superb :) i got through the 1st round of the cup on my first attempt through extra time goal..

how much have you spent on players? i've got 100k that will buy me crud...

2 days till season starts :P

Smirking_Saint
11-09-2009, 11:32 AM
haha superb :) i got through the 1st round of the cup on my first attempt through extra time goal..

how much have you spent on players? i've got 100k that will buy me crud...

2 days till season starts :P

Almsot 300k on players, but i basically didn't spend anything for the whole of last season, and also won the league so got a bonus, TBF Excellent rated players are probably overkill for this division but i feel i need them for the playoffs at the end of the season.

My Midfielder and defender cost me 100k each and striker a bit less as he is 31 or something.

Then there was the ground, which cost a fortune

saint_stevo
11-09-2009, 11:54 AM
hmmm can i be bothered to start a team....

Smirking_Saint
11-09-2009, 12:24 PM
hmmm can i be bothered to start a team....

You'd get Pwnd

Smirking_Saint
13-09-2009, 09:26 PM
First game, 10-0, team that was second placed last year, new striker gets a hattrick.

Oh yes

saint_stevo
13-09-2009, 10:27 PM
First game, 10-0, team that was second placed last year, new striker gets a hattrick.

Oh yes

Ironic

jeff leopard
14-09-2009, 09:17 AM
My league this season is most likely going to be a three horse race, and I'd predicted a transitional season (clearing out the league 7 rubbish from my squad) with us being the third place team at the end. my first game was against a major rival and, as several key players started the season on wretched form, my team was a bit of a mess (I even had to buy in a 34 year old centre back to hold the defence together). but my fears were put to rest when we started the better team and despite missing two good chances, we dominated the first half. 15 mins in to the second half we scored and looked incredibly comfortable but I just knew that they would have at least one good chance. And they did, a breathless counter attack (with 89 mins and 53 secs of the match gone - I sh1t you not) carved my team open but their striker almost broke the cross-bar from a couple of yards out. Ha! We scrambled the ball away and the final whistle went.

An incredible start to the season and probably the most nerve-wracking game of my hattrick career. Massive win.

ribbo
14-09-2009, 09:40 AM
My league this season is most likely going to be a three horse race, and I'd predicted a transitional season (clearing out the league 7 rubbish from my squad) with us being the third place team at the end. my first game was against a major rival and, as several key players started the season on wretched form, my team was a bit of a mess (I even had to buy in a 34 year old centre back to hold the defence together). but my fears were put to rest when we started the better team and despite missing two good chances, we dominated the first half. 15 mins in to the second half we scored and looked incredibly comfortable but I just knew that they would have at least one good chance. And they did, a breathless counter attack (with 89 mins and 53 secs of the match gone - I sh1t you not) carved my team open but their striker almost broke the cross-bar from a couple of yards out. Ha! We scrambled the ball away and the final whistle went.

An incredible start to the season and probably the most nerve-wracking game of my hattrick career. Massive win.

5-1 or 6-1 win, got in late and didnt even notice the match had started :) happy days, but my tsi is suffering again :(

let us know if you get rid of any decent players :)

the stain
14-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Down to earth with a bump. After my 100% season last year, I open my account with a 2-1 loss to a beatable team. Lost my staunch centre-half and leader of men on the quarter hour, at 1-0 up, and never recovered composure.

Don't like this game anymore :(

saint_stevo
14-09-2009, 10:56 AM
i have a team.....

best way to get good? Guess i need to sort out training?

the stain
16-09-2009, 12:16 PM
i have a team.....

best way to get good? Guess i need to sort out training?

Sort out training, evaluate the skills of your squad to see who plays best where, get involved in friendlies to get an idea of your players in different positions. Get through as many of their start-up 'challenges' as you can to give yourself a bit of cash (you'll probably need to buy a player or two to give yourself any chance).

Galling start to my new youth team season. 0-2 up and flying on 70 mins and looking like my newer recruits were really gelling, first goal goes against us and we crumble and contrive to lose. Probably a stamina issue, but for some reason you can't train that at youth level. I'll just have to hope they improve.

saint_stevo
16-09-2009, 01:02 PM
what should i set training to?

anyone wanna friendly?

the stain
16-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I found Playmaking was a reliable first port of call. Get the spine sorted. Also make sure you give them a decent amount of Stamina training, I keep mine set at 20%

Can't do a friendly this week, but I'm sure someone will take you on.

Smirking_Saint
16-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I'll smash you around the pitch stevo

saint_stevo
16-09-2009, 03:53 PM
feel free

Stevo's Stars

the stain
23-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Back to winning ways at the weekend for Amon Duul III, registering a 7-0 drubbing over what looks like being the division's whipping boys.

Much more improtantly though, A WIN, AN ACTUAL WIN!!! for my youth team. Two matches into my second season managing my own youth team, and in a mirror image of last week's heartbreaker, Neu 74's plucky lads come from 0-2 down, with new northern nipper Eames dancing through their defence in the final minute to register my first ever win! I've actually shed a tear here at my desk. Couldn't be more proud of the boys.

saint_stevo
23-09-2009, 09:42 AM
i lost 9-0

saint_stevo
23-09-2009, 09:55 AM
but won last night 3-2,twice coming from behind!

ribbo
23-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Back to winning ways at the weekend for Amon Duul III, registering a 7-0 drubbing over what looks like being the division's whipping boys.

Much more improtantly though, A WIN, AN ACTUAL WIN!!! for my youth team. Two matches into my second season managing my own youth team, and in a mirror image of last week's heartbreaker, Neu 74's plucky lads come from 0-2 down, with new northern nipper Eames dancing through their defence in the final minute to register my first ever win! I've actually shed a tear here at my desk. Couldn't be more proud of the boys.

yeah :) i've found that binning my original players and bringing scouted players into my youth team is the way to go, much better prospects, still cant find a keeper though, despite scouting specifically for one :(

the stain
23-09-2009, 12:12 PM
yeah :) i've found that binning my original players and bringing scouted players into my youth team is the way to go, much better prospects, still cant find a keeper though, despite scouting specifically for one :(

Absolutely, I definitely wasn't ruthless enough when I started out. Spent ages trying all the players in all the positions when really only 3 or 4 are anywhere near good enough, and even those are doubtful as future 1st team prospects. Get players in as early as possible, as they need a full season in the youth squad before they're eligible for promotion.

Getting a decent keeper is proving tricky, although signing up any keeper at all should be the first priority for anyone starting out. I've got both my scouts looking specifically for keepers and neither of them are offering me anything at the moment.

Next thing to work out is what kind of match-rating at youth level equates to a possible decent rating in the 1st team. One of my players got 6 stars this morning (I had thought that 5 was the maximum). Might have a trawl of the Hattrick forums to see if there's any advice.

saints-cris
23-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Lost at the weekend to the league favourites, but should survive in level 5. However got into the 4th round of the cup last night, so im in the money!

saints-cris
23-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Next thing to work out is what kind of match-rating at youth level equates to a possible decent rating in the 1st team. One of my players got 6 stars this morning (I had thought that 5 was the maximum). Might have a trawl of the Hattrick forums to see if there's any advice.

Best youth players can get 7 and a half to 8 stars, they are the young generation of potential national team players, so i woudnt be worried that none of yours can do that.

To give you a half decent idea, inadequates at youth level will get about 5*s at that level, but at first team level, they'll get about 2*s.

You say one of yours got 6*s, id say hes a very high passable or very low solid. I promoted a solid last season with ok secondaires and he got me 7*s. But trawl through the forums, they're very useful.

the stain
23-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Best youth players can get 7 and a half to 8 stars, they are the young generation of potential national team players, so i woudnt be worried that none of yours can do that.

To give you a half decent idea, inadequates at youth level will get about 5*s at that level, but at first team level, they'll get about 2*s.

You say one of yours got 6*s, id say hes a very high passable or very low solid. I promoted a solid last season with ok secondaires and he got me 7*s. But trawl through the forums, they're very useful.

Cheers man, some very helpful stuff there. Looks like I may only have a couple of potential stars then.

I've just been pointed in the direction of this site http://www.hattrick-youthclub.org/site/welcome which has proved interesting. Takes a while to import all your information, and not as user friendly as Alltid for the 1st team, but quite a good source of stats once you get it running. What was most telling was the finance bit, cost of running the academy vs 'profit' (value of promoted players).

ribbo
23-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Cheers man, some very helpful stuff there. Looks like I may only have a couple of potential stars then.

I've just been pointed in the direction of this site http://www.hattrick-youthclub.org/site/welcome which has proved interesting. Takes a while to import all your information, and not as user friendly as Alltid for the 1st team, but quite a good source of stats once you get it running. What was most telling was the finance bit, cost of running the academy vs 'profit' (value of promoted players).

thats a handy site, doesnt tell me a lot i havent already worked out mind, but im only in my first youth season, it did tell me i've got 31 days before i can promote one of my players tho :P i think i will just to get them out of the way too :) 667 profit is better than nought ;)

The Worm
26-09-2009, 05:15 PM
just signed up again, any recent changes that i should be made aware of?

jeff leopard
29-09-2009, 10:36 AM
KILLblinton's Illegitimate XI played their first game last Thursday and didn't do too badly, they lost 3-0 but some of my home-grown youngsters put in some good performances. At the moment it looks like I've got a decent keeper, two good wingers, a good centre-back and a handy midfielder. I need to find someone who can score goals and my babies might do alright.

My senior team is sitting pretty at the top of the league which is increasingly resembling the SPL. Last season it was a four horse race for the title, the best team went up and then last week one of my major rivals became a bot-team! So its now a two horse race with a good chance it could be decided on goal difference. I basking in a 9-0 win on Sunday with my star striker getting five goals. Life is sweet.

Anyone want a friendly next Tuesday?

the stain
30-09-2009, 10:35 AM
Bah! Youth team back to losing ways. Signed a new keeper but somehow failed to put him in my starting XI (I'm sure I did it, but apparently not). Anyhow, got a youth friendly tonight where he can show his class.

Senior team took a thumping from a high-flyer. There's a bit of a gulf in class in my division. Looks like I'm going to have to consolidate this season and save my pennies for some high quality players.

Jeff, I'm avoiding senior friendlies as they only seem good for sustaining injuries. But I'll have a go on your kids, given half a chance. Next window's in a couple of weeks I think.

TopGun
30-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Anyone up for a friendly next week? Feel free to challenge me - So Unreal in VI.46...

jeff leopard
30-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Jeff, I'm avoiding senior friendlies as they only seem good for sustaining injuries. But I'll have a go on your kids, given half a chance. Next window's in a couple of weeks I think.

Groovy, I'll just need your CRB form and a stool sample and we're away.

I'm mainly using senior reserve games to get the sh1ttest of my players into something resembling good form (using the general training setting). There are signs of individual improvement but as a team they are still some way off. After losing 7-1 away to a league 6 team I though I'd play it safe with a home game against a league 7 side, the result was a thoroughly humiliating 3-7 drubbing :(

soÖ

Anyone up for a friendly next week? Feel free to challenge me - So Unreal in VI.46...

no offence but I don't fancy losing 20 nil. i'm off to play some games against league 7 teams, i may be some time.

jeff leopard
01-10-2009, 03:16 PM
*punches air and makes a face like i'm doing a vast poo*

my kiddies just won 5-1 away from home, yeah!

LOCK AND LOAD! BOMB IRAN! HECKLE OBAMA! USA! USA!

it looks like the team i beat are the league's whipping boys but hey, 3 points and +1 goal difference after my first two games.

I'M THE KING OF THE FRAKIN WORLD!

IN YOUR STUPID FACE, HUMAN RACE!

the stain
01-10-2009, 03:47 PM
*punches air and makes a face like i'm doing a vast poo*

my kiddies just won 5-1 away from home, yeah!

LOCK AND LOAD! BOMB IRAN! HECKLE OBAMA! USA! USA!

it looks like the team i beat are the league's whipping boys but hey, 3 points and +1 goal difference after my first two games.

I'M THE KING OF THE FRAKIN WORLD!

IN YOUR STUPID FACE, HUMAN RACE!

:mad:

There's only one way you could bend a group of boys to your will that quickly, and that way is both ILLEGAL and DEGENERATE.

My lads worried out a breathless win on penalties this morning, showing stamina and not a little spunk. My new keeper put in a 5* showing on debut.

ribbo
05-10-2009, 01:15 PM
anyone need a friendly this week? im trying to fine tune a 5 man midfield and failing hard :)

jeff leopard
05-10-2009, 01:26 PM
:mad:

There's only one way you could bend a group of boys to your will that quickly, and that way is both ILLEGAL and DEGENERATE

never underestimate the effectiveness of the stick and the carrot. thatís all I'll say on the matter without my lawyer being present.

my senior team had another big win on Sunday and have the rather sweet stats of -

played 4, won 4, 24 goals for, none against, 12 points.

but that will all count for sqiut if we mess up the top of the table clash in two weeks time.

the stain
05-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Another cracking victory at the weekend. Looks like mid-table is the best I can hope for this season though, while I save my pennies for some big money signings. More injuries in defence too :(

ribbo
10-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Jonny Navari looks promising. He is 15 years old and seems to have something extra.

This player has poor Playmaking at this point in his career. If he develops well, I would say this chap can emerge with solid Keeper before joining the senior squad.

Do we sign him, boss?

happy days :) my youthteam is almost complete :)

jeff leopard
10-10-2009, 05:35 PM
the kids are alright, some are actually decent.

my illegitimate XI edged a 7 goal thriller on thursday afternoon against the team above us in the league. despite losing out on possession my kiddies took the lead three times and deserved the win, my keeper made some great saves during a very nervy last ten minutes. he's been my star so far this season.

for the senior team, this sunday is the last in a series of four straight games against bot-team and rubbish human-teams, so its all about throwing them forward and scoring as many as possible. my young striker is currently top scoring in the league with 8, and my younger defenders have been getting their fare share too.

next week i play my main rivals at their place, a draw would do me fine but i've got a feeling that i'm going to sneak a win.

here's my hallowed dark place, permanently shrouded in drizzle. it seats 21,001 but i guess my ave. gate is about 17,000. dare thee enter my theatre of.....nightmares?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/killblinton/darkplace-1.jpg

the stain
12-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Struggling to find decent full backs for the youth team atm. Which is a shame as that's the area I was hoping to feed cheap talent through to the senior squad.

Still, another win for ADIII this weekend pushes us up to 3rd, behind the two teams that beat me earlier in the season. I get the feeling this might be my level. Certainly not looking at promotion this year.

Need to find a way of making a bit more cash, other than another rebuilding project. Any ideas?

ribbo
12-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Struggling to find decent full backs for the youth team atm. Which is a shame as that's the area I was hoping to feed cheap talent through to the senior squad.

Still, another win for ADIII this weekend pushes us up to 3rd, behind the two teams that beat me earlier in the season. I get the feeling this might be my level. Certainly not looking at promotion this year.

Need to find a way of making a bit more cash, other than another rebuilding project. Any ideas?

i class decent as 5*'s for youth team, but i've not promoted anyone yet although my team is crap with only a few players over 1000tsi, yours is VI standard easy, how much money you looking to raise?

the stain
12-10-2009, 12:02 PM
i class decent as 5*'s for youth team, but i've not promoted anyone yet although my team is crap with only a few players over 1000tsi, yours is VI standard easy, how much money you looking to raise?

Yeah, 5*s is about the standard seemingly. By which measure I've got 3, possibly 4 ready to make the jump at the end of the season.

I just reckon that if I'm going to make a serious push for promotion, I need to start bringing in a couple of seriously good players. Previously I've bought players at 'solid' skill standard, but anything above that and the price starts to jump up dramatically. So unless I strike it really lucky with some of the nippers I'll have to sell and gamble.

ribbo
12-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Yeah, 5*s is about the standard seemingly. By which measure I've got 3, possibly 4 ready to make the jump at the end of the season.

I just reckon that if I'm going to make a serious push for promotion, I need to start bringing in a couple of seriously good players. Previously I've bought players at 'solid' skill standard, but anything above that and the price starts to jump up dramatically. So unless I strike it really lucky with some of the nippers I'll have to sell and gamble.

if you've got a couple of half decent youngsters who could be solid players next season chuck them in place of your better players this season, flog them and build up the cash :)

the stain
14-10-2009, 09:30 AM
My kids are on fire!

It took a season or so to get them up to speed, but today's 7-0 riot has showed the value of perseverance. My rock in defence is regularly making 6.5 star performances. Can't wait till he's old enough to promote!

Does anyone with a bit more youth team experience know if there's any value in changing your scouts? I'm slightly concerned that for the last few weeks they haven't turned up anyone particularly interesting. Might try shifting them to scout in other areas but I was wondering if maybe their usefulness deteriorates over time in the same way that a coach's does..?

ribbo
14-10-2009, 10:04 AM
My kids are on fire!

It took a season or so to get them up to speed, but today's 7-0 riot has showed the value of perseverance. My rock in defence is regularly making 6.5 star performances. Can't wait till he's old enough to promote!

Does anyone with a bit more youth team experience know if there's any value in changing your scouts? I'm slightly concerned that for the last few weeks they haven't turned up anyone particularly interesting. Might try shifting them to scout in other areas but I was wondering if maybe their usefulness deteriorates over time in the same way that a coach's does..?

i stuck a scout in london as i presumed thats where the most players were, first week he gave me a solid playmaker, so maybe...

jeff leopard
15-10-2009, 03:16 PM
some of my young 'uns had a tear in their eye on final whistle today as they were taught just what a sour heartless mistress football can be. my illegitamate XI were away to the top side (who have thumped teams for fun so far this season) but against form my boys started well and ended up dominating the half. Their main failing was the number of chances they missed but they took a 0-1 lead into the break. in the second half, we missed more chances and in the last ten minutes the opposition finally came to life and laid seige to my goal. my keeper made a number of great saves but we lost 2-1. still, there's only so much you can learn from winning games, excuse me, my eyes are a little sweaty today.

my reserves had a good win on Tuesday, but much more importantly, two more of my key players who suffered a collapse of form at the start of the season have got their mojo back and return to the first team just in time for part one of the-great-top-of-the-table-promotion-decider. my team are up to pretty much full-strength and look good, sexy-fine, even. a win would put me so much in control it will be scary, a draw would also make me stong favourites. all I need to worry about is getting d1cked on, and I don't think that's gonna happen.

now I play the waiting game (which is strikingly similar to the w@nking game, which I'm great at)

the stain
15-10-2009, 03:58 PM
It does look like you've landed on your feet with a couple of those players, particularly the keeper. How many of those were scouted, or did you just have an impressive bunch (fnar!) to start with?

jeff leopard
16-10-2009, 11:25 AM
It does look like you've landed on your feet with a couple of those players, particularly the keeper. How many of those were scouted, or did you just have an impressive bunch (fnar!) to start with?

about half were scouted, including the keeper. but i was lucky that i had two or three home-growns who clicked in the first position i tried them in from game one. i could still do with another wingback and a decent striker, but so far so good.

the stain
19-10-2009, 10:36 AM
about half were scouted, including the keeper. but i was lucky that i had two or three home-growns who clicked in the first position i tried them in from game one. i could still do with another wingback and a decent striker, but so far so good.

I've sent you a little challenge for your little boys.

jeff leopard
19-10-2009, 11:21 AM
I've sent you a little challenge for your little boys.

oh my. go easy on them.

my senior team conceded their first goal of the season on sunday :( but scored six to totally humiliate and annihilate our promotion contenders. if i can win the home leg against them in three weeks time then its as good as in the bag. 'killblinton's sinister army!' :prayer::prayer::prayer:

crikey though, league 5 looks really tough.

the stain
19-10-2009, 12:29 PM
oh my. go easy on them.

my senior team conceded their first goal of the season on sunday :( but scored six to totally humiliate and annihilate our promotion contenders. if i can win the home leg against them in three weeks time then its as good as in the bag. 'killblinton's sinister army!' :prayer::prayer::prayer:

crikey though, league 5 looks really tough.

They won't feel a thing.

Your first goal? Lawks.

I beat the second place team at the weekend and swapped places with them. Still 6 points off the pace for first, but suddenly, tantalisingly, the manager of the table-toppers has pulled a 'mutual consent' and gone off to spend time with his family! Their players are still streets ahead of mine but there's a glimmer of hope that I might overhaul them. My first choice keeper's crocked though...

ribbo
19-10-2009, 02:38 PM
i lost 7-0, but alas, 5 days time and i can promote some YA players :P

ribbo
26-10-2009, 12:00 PM
shameless plug, i've got some players for sale, they'll suit VI - VII sides checkout Boca Ribbo, i could do with the dolla ;)

the stain
26-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I'll take a look.

My kids beat jeff leopard's kids at the weekend but he's not around to brag at :(

jeff leopard
09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
call social services, i'm a bad bad manager

i went away on holiday for two weeks and all my teams took a real beating. my first team lost their first match of the season to a bunch of halfwits, the reserves took a tonking and my little 'uns lost 0-7 after hattrick decided to mix my team up and put a striker in goal :mad:

but yesterday normal service resumed and my seniors spanked my nearest rival to essentially ensure i win my league. this frees me up to start worrying that i won't get automatic promotion and will probably have to face a league 5 side in a qualifier, alltid predicts that i'll get drawn against a side full of players with 7 or 8 star ratings, not good.

but still, champions champions champions and all that.

My kids beat jeff leopard's kids at the weekend but he's not around to brag at :(

i'm back now :)

ribbo
09-11-2009, 01:31 PM
but still, champions champions champions and all that.

gratz :)

the stain
10-11-2009, 10:45 AM
i'm back now :)

Welcome back!

Somehow I'm top of the league! Miles off the pace a few weeks back but now top on goal difference. Two crucial matches to come and then we'll see how things really stand.

TopGun
10-11-2009, 11:15 AM
I am top also with max points although have to play my only rival away yet and his goal difference is better because I have used this season against some easy teams to blood youngsters.

I have a total squad TSI of 89,000 and my rival over 200,000. However my wages are £19,000 each week and his are £80,000. I reckon he must be broke so am saving up myself for a new solid manager who will cost £1,700,000. I need about £200,000 more. I think my squad will then improve immeasurably.

the stain
23-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Still top on goal difference (by about 30 goals!) with 3 to play. But just discovered, to my horror, that there's no guaranteed promotion from div VI. Apparently only the top 50% of 1st placed finishers get automatic promotion, with the current benchmark being 31 points and about +70 GD. I'm only on 27 points, so if I do manage to finish top (crunch match in a couple of weeks) I'll have to take part in a play-off against a team from div V.

On the plus side, I absolutely spanked some chancers 7-0 yesterday.

jeff leopard
23-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Still top on goal difference (by about 30 goals!) with 3 to play. But just discovered, to my horror, that there's no guaranteed promotion from div VI. Apparently only the top 50% of 1st placed finishers get automatic promotion, with the current benchmark being 31 points and about +70 GD. I'm only on 27 points, so if I do manage to finish top (crunch match in a couple of weeks) I'll have to take part in a play-off against a team from div V

I had the same realisation the other day, had a look at some of the league V sides in the play-off places and they're all players with 7 or 8 star ratings. It will be nice to win the league title but the only way up is winning all your league games and conceeding as few goals as physically possible.

I reckon i should be able to do that next season, if it goes roughly to plan. I thought I'd manage it this season but one of the few human teams in the league suddenly went from being average to really good (seemingly over-night) and i got caught with my pants down. Hold that image...hold it...hold it....

I've decided that having another season to prepare for league V wouldn't be a bad thing either, i've had to change keepers and centre backs this season and my young 'un needs more blooding.

ribbo
23-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Jeff/Stain, i think it was ony of you guys who told me to go 4-5-1 when i got promoted far too early :) either way, playoff games should bring in some good attendance money ;)

or you could play the kids for the rest of the season and next season you'll be better and could go for a trophy!

i bought a player yesterday : http://alltid.org/player/204025910 .. probably shouldn't have :P spunked 200k on him :S

TopGun
24-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Still top on goal difference (by about 30 goals!) with 3 to play. But just discovered, to my horror, that there's no guaranteed promotion from div VI. Apparently only the top 50% of 1st placed finishers get automatic promotion, with the current benchmark being 31 points and about +70 GD. I'm only on 27 points, so if I do manage to finish top (crunch match in a couple of weeks) I'll have to take part in a play-off against a team from div V.

On the plus side, I absolutely spanked some chancers 7-0 yesterday.

I finished top of Div VI two or three seasons ago and got spanked by a Div V side in the play-off but it's obviously largely a luck thing on who you might get.

Currently top of VI.46 with max points but the crunch game is this weekend against my rivals who have only dropped three points (against me) but have a better goal difference. I am probably going to pack the midfield and play a pressing game to prevent his excellent forwards getting service. Play for the draw!

ribbo
24-11-2009, 05:04 PM
i need a friendly for this week, any takers? "boca ribbo"

TopGun
30-11-2009, 08:22 AM
Got my hard fought win at main rivals, 1-2, so ought to complete the season in VI.46 with maximum points now :-)

jeff leopard
30-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Got my hard fought win at main rivals, 1-2, so ought to complete the season in VI.46 with maximum points now :-)

Congratulations!

My top of the table clashes occurred at the mid-season point which seems a very long time ago. My previous three games have been against bots and my last two games of the season are against very poor human teams. Despite closing in on my first title, this season's conclusion has been a bit of an anti-climax. I've dropped too many points and conceeded too many goals to get automatic promotion, and my team haven't developed enough to seriously challenge a league 5 side in the play-offs. It will be all change next season though, Hattrick have announced that all the league 6 bot-teams are being relegated and replaced with human teams, so that should lead to a more challanging and interesting season for us, and for the first season at least, we'll be the big fish in the pond.

I've spent most of my money this season on developing the ground, capacity is around 29,000 now, and have decided to save all my remaining money, and all the cash I make next sesaon, to get a coach with solid skills and leadership, that'll be a cool £1.7 million please, 'oh well, I better just have the one then'.

Anyone else got any long term plans (apart from populating the surface of mars)?

the stain
30-11-2009, 09:34 AM
I think I might be in a similar boat to you, Jeff. Another absolutely thumping win at the weekend keeps me top, with a whopping +72 GD. But I was caught napping in my first two games after promotion and those dropped points look like proving crucial. I actually reckon I could give a league V side a decent game, but that's in the future. Need to get past my only genuine challenger on the last day of the season.

My plans for the close-season involve promoting 2 or 3 from the youth team and getting them up to speed, promoting a senior player to coach (much cheaper than hiring externally) and possible modest stadium expansion, while leaving something in the ol' warchest for a decent fullback.

Smirking_Saint
30-11-2009, 11:18 AM
Well, it looks like the season that promised much is coming to an end and the team will be lounging around in second place. A shame really, a team that has dominated the scoring charts.

Last seasons championship winning side and unfortunate promotion losers were unable to repeat the form of last year (unbeaten) and found themselves losing two games to the seasons other challengers. A season of building a decent youth team and strengthening the side with two excellent stikers, an excellent defender and midfielder just did not pay off.

I have improved the Arena to 26,750, with work going on to bring it up to 30k, i hope to improve some more to up the income, hopefully this will allow for me to piece together a better side for next year.

Top spot is still possible mind you, but not looking likely. Either way i can't see me being in the running for promotion this season even if i do win the league.

So, quick question, my youth team keeps getting battered, but seem to have some decent youngsters, how do you know where to play them ??