Resident Evil 5 demo...

.comsaint

has been sat in my cd wallet since Dec 5th, still not tried it, any good?

It's superb. I was always a huge RE fan anyway - and this instalment is no different judging by the demo.

I keep getting killed by the maniac with the chainsaw though. D'oh!

Looking forward to the full game in mid-March.

Happy days!

It's not. The enemies you face are not zombies

I know, which is why i'm so confused. The game is just following Leons storyline, which is the wrong way for the series to go - if Leon isn't going to have anymore interactions with Umbrella then they should have just killed him off at the end of 2.

So not having played any previous resident evil games, is this one worth getting? (the video on Amazon looked good) and am I going to be missing part of the plot?

You can play it without playing the previous ones, but if they make any references to characters from the older games you won't have a clue.

I know, which is why i'm so confused. The game is just following Leons storyline, which is the wrong way for the series to go - if Leon isn't going to have anymore interactions with Umbrella then they should have just killed him off at the end of 2.

Really? Got to say I disagree there. I think Resi 4 is superb and really serves to revitalise the series. After the events of Nemesis, Umbrella was disbanded by the government, so they are not really around anymore. After finishing the game (and all of the Ada side quest stuff) I think the story works really well and opens up the game's world quite a lot. Have you played Code Veronica? That game hints at other organisations being out there that may be invoved in similar research (the 'S' that Wesker works for)

Edited by labibs

Really? Got to say I disagree there. This game is superb and really serves to revitalise the series. After the events of Nemesis, Umbrella was disbanded by the government, so they are not really around anymore. After finishing the game (and all of the Ada side quest stuff) I think the story works really well and opens up the game's world quite a lot. Have you played Code Veronica? That game hints at other organisations being out there that may be invoved in similar research (the 'S' that Wesker works for)

i totally agree with you labibs although i was a bit confused with the story line it was the best resident evil i played and im looking forward to 5. but i do miss the t virus zombies:(

Really? Got to say I disagree there. I think Resi 4 is superb and really serves to revitalise the series. After the events of Nemesis, Umbrella was disbanded by the government, so they are not really around anymore. After finishing the game (and all of the Ada side quest stuff) I think the story works really well and opens up the game's world quite a lot. Have you played Code Veronica? That game hints at other organisations being out there that may be invoved in similar research (the 'S' that Wesker works for)

I played Code Veronica but never completed it.

I just hope that they are going to go back to having Zombies as the bad guys, that's all.

(And i'd love for the last game in the series to be set in the ruins of Racoon City).

B*stards, not on PSN yet.

'Resident Evil 5' Xbox 360 demo dated

Thursday, January 15 2009, 14:44 GMT

By Mark Langshaw

Capcom has announced that a demo version of Resident Evil 5 will be available to download for the Xbox 360 for one week from January 26.

The demo will feature multiplayer support, with the Assembly Place and Shanty Town levels from the beginning of the game available to sample.

There is no word on whether the demo will be available for the PlayStation 3, but rumours have suggested that a one-week run on Sony’s online storefront is a possibility after the Xbox 360 offer has expired.

The full game retails on March 13 for both platforms.

• 3 weeks later...

Downloaded this yesterday. First impressions are pretty good. I found the control system a bit clunky, pretty difficult to get off headshots and the like. I'm hoping it will get easier once I get used to it. Feels very much like RE4, but with improved graphics.

The real-time inventory is nasty! No chance to quickly pause and have a breather here!

It's a resi game, so I'll definitely be purchasing. Also I'm guessing your assistant / partner is supposed to be of African descent? Bit weird to hear her cut-glass, RP accent!

Downloaded this yesterday. First impressions are pretty good. I found the control system a bit clunky, pretty difficult to get off headshots and the like. I'm hoping it will get easier once I get used to it. Feels very much like RE4, but with improved graphics.

The real-time inventory is nasty! No chance to quickly pause and have a breather here!

It's a resi game, so I'll definitely be purchasing. Also I'm guessing your assistant / partner is supposed to be of African descent? Bit weird to hear her cut-glass, RP accent!

There must be SOME way to pause the game ;)

Seemed ridiculously hard when I first started, but got the hang of it now.

The massive guy with the axe and the guy with the chainsaw are actually impossible to kill, i'm sure of it.

Agreed. Chainsaw guys werent that hard to kill in Res4, but in the demo, I emptied my guns and grenades on the f**ker, but with no success.

Real time inventory is tricky, generally because it takes me a second to find the item I want to use (the colouring isnt very clear IMO).

Only critisism so far is that silly bint companion of mine has a tendancy to walk/stand about half a step infront of me at all times. "Get the f*ck out of my way!"

the game looks good, but feels horribly dated in terms of everything else.

I can't honestly say I can see what they've changed since the last one, except the inventory (which I quite like) and having someone else with you.

I'll buy it anyway, just because I want to know everything that happens in the Resident Evil world. How sad am I. :(

I can't honestly say I can see what they've changed since the last one, except the inventory (which I quite like) and having someone else with you.

I'll buy it anyway, just because I want to know everything that happens in the Resident Evil world. How sad am I. :(

Lol same as. The enemies just seem to waltz toward you, pick axe/bottle/plank aloft, EXACTLY like the last game. I wish they wouldn't put the herbs in a damn syringe as well, kept thinking it was a knife on the first try!

I downloaded the demo for this last week, and although I like a game to be challenging, wtf is going on with the axeman & chainsaw man? are you supposed to kill them? and how are you supposed to do that when you run out of ammo in under 10 seconds?

I'll probably save my money on this one and buy a new angle grinder instead.

• 1 month later...
Mine arrived today, along with Killzone2. Feel a bit spoiled :)

Not a fan of the controls, even after changing them! What is with not being able to run and shoot?!

i get savaged in a house waiting for support, gonna re-start it on easy i think....

That is kind of a Resi thing. Its kind of an in joke about having to stand still and rotate to shoot. It gets easier dont worry

i ran away from axeman in the end until back-up arrived.

did kill chainsaw man without too many problems, just gotta run away until he is near a explosive barrel thing then shoot the barrell and he dont like it too much, then pump a few bullets into him and he is a dead man.

It's the bloody dogs that are peeing me off. Anyone know how many chapters are in this one?

About to have an evening of this split-screen, having never play any RE games before

i was the same on friday, had the day off and me and a mate played it 2 player (he was the bird :)) and i really enjoyed it. Played 1 player today and not the same, think it is much more enjoyable with 2 players IMO.

Oh, and Baj runa away from the big black man with the axe, he does not die. Bolt it out the house opposite the entrance you come into after they come thru the ceiling and do the rounds til the cavalry arrives!

i was under the impression Killzone 2 had split screen multiplayer? but box says 1player :(

also, i keep getting ravaged by a big bird thing on the roof in killzone2 in the academy, i know i gotta shoot the blue bits until it stops moving then grenade it but it wont die and it is doing my head in

i was under the impression Killzone 2 had split screen multiplayer? but box says 1player :(

also, i keep getting ravaged by a big bird thing on the roof in killzone2 in the academy, i know i gotta shoot the blue bits until it stops moving then grenade it but it wont die and it is doing my head in

Yup, killzone 2 has no split screen which sucks, but i guess that's the graphic level of it.