The Grapes has closed down

Scummer

I was in there last Sunday after the Man Utd game, Always got on Superbly with Trev and Jacqui as they were lovely people, and i've known them since I was about 16. I do hope there will be a way for this pub to rise again because this couldn't have happened to nicer people.

I use it most matchdays. It's an Enterprise inns pub hence the outrageous beer prices. I use a pub in fareham run by the same company and they charge exactly the same. They are struggling as well. They seem incapable of making any changes to compete. Shame, I'll miss it.

Sad - had many good times in there post-Match in past seasons although I have to drive to most games now and on the rare occasions I can have a beer my pubs of choice are further afield. I think the refit they did made the pub a bit too similar to others in the City Centre whereas it had a bit more character before. I wonder if the new JDW down the road may have been a big factor.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
... blame the smoking ban, blame the tax on booze, blame the Wetherspoons chain.

Blame it on the rain...

Blame it on the Boogie.