Southend V Chelsea

St Landrew

Just catching a bit of this. Southend scored as, I noticed, Chelsea were marking space. I have never been convinced of zonal marking unless the the defence are right on their toes. I doesn't give an advantage, if the attacking team are no mugs. From a cross, or a dead ball situation, the attacking team have so much more ability to attack the ball, it almost makes zonal marking unplayable.

Perhaps Chelsea will win in the end, once they've worked out Southend, and exploited the gaps at the back. But fair play to Southend, by doing what a good English teams does, which is to get in the opposition's face; never let them settle on the ball; and defend like your life depends upon it. And we know now that they can attack too. Hopefully, Chelsea still don't.

Still 1-0. Good match too.

Bl**dy mods starting the same thread 3 minutes after me!

Still off to bed happy who knows how it will end up but they have given them a scare - FA Cup is only on Al Jazeera here so have to pay extra for it on the satellite or go to the pub..... If it ain't Saints it ain't worth the taxi fare