Reporting posts

alpine_saint

Can I ask if any attention is paid by the mods when posts are report using the little triangly thing in the top right corner of the individual post ?

I was issued an infraction last week for making a comment about someone having their head in someone else's rectal cavity. I notice someone has in the last 24 hours used the same reference TWICE in the original post of a thread on the main board.

In the name of consistency, I expect that person to be infracted, yet I never receive any correspondence on the few occasions I report a post, at least to say its been dealt with.

Please advise. Thankyou.

Sorry chaps, we're having email issues at the minute so not all reports are getting through to us, but we are looking into it.

As for replys to reports, sorry but this wont happen. We receive around 30 reports a day. To enter into dialogue on each (especially when the reportee would want justification on each decision) would be utter chaos. As a rule, we dont enter into dialogue on infractions or reports unless absolutely required.

Oh, and saying "you should get an infraction" on a thread is akin to waving an imaginary yellow card.

With regards to the original post, if you pm me the exact URL (not just the thread) we will take a look at it

Blimey Alps, why didn't you just PM me if you had an issue? I'd replied directly to the original post within 5 minutes, pointing out its hypocrisy so surely it was obvious that the matter was dealt with as far as I was concerned. Why bother to report a post that an admin had obviously seen? The point of the report to moderator button is to make the admin aware of a post they may have missed, whereas if you thought I mishandled the situation I would have welcomed a PM on the subject.

Blimey Alps, why didn't you just PM me if you had an issue? I'd replied directly to the original post within 5 minutes, pointing out its hypocrisy so surely it was obvious that the matter was dealt with as far as I was concerned. Why bother to report a post that an admin had obviously seen? The point of the report to moderator button is to make the admin aware of a post they may have missed, whereas if you thought I mishandled the situation I would have welcomed a PM on the subject.

Because I am annoyed at the lack of continuity. Please look as a mod in my User CP, and you will find the similarity of comments there for which I was infracted.

What else do you want me to say ?

We try so, so hard to be completely consistent but I'm sure you'll appreciate that with half a dozen people doing a similar job moderating posts, of which none are identical, there are bound to be discrepancies. I'm more confused as to why you'd report an already noted post.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
If you're not commited to moderating' date=' you shouldn't do it. What are we paying you for, ffs?![/quote']

Long time, so see.

How was Borstal?

Long time, so see.

How was Borstal?

It was fantastic. It gave me the opportunity to evaluate whether I could succed where Raskolnikov failed and I have arrived at the conclusion that I can. I can exact a Kantian level of coldness, but duty is not my motivation. I am certain that I can succeed also where Mersault failed and use such indifference towards conventional morals to my own gain. (I have been busy reading and the perils of Saints are too depressing to concern myself with. Also, TMS is populated by spammers worse than myself who aren't even witty/funny in the least. I have more worthwhile things to occupy my time with. (I wish))