Belgian Grand Prix

Arizona

Looking at possibly getting tickets for the Friday practice sessions or qualifying at said event. Can't find a way of buying tickets online without buying a full race pack, the cheapest of which is about eu300. I have been reliably informed that you can buy on the day. Was wondering if anyone had done this before at the Belgian or other GPs and knew how much it cost.

I looked into this lots mate (as you know). Michelle is already going actually, she might know). All I could find was exactly the same you can either buy

a) 3 day pass

b) Race day pass

Having spoken to Spa, you can turn up on the day for Friday practise and pay on the gate, but I dont know about Quali, I didnt ask.

coolio, see you there?

Depends if I can get that Friday off. If not I will go to qualy and try and meet you some time afterwards. Friday is cheaper though. Will keep you informed.

If I can get there on Friday, I'm going to try and get a spot near Malmedy maybe for the first one, then wander round to Pouhon and possibly Blanchimont later on.

Don't know why but Eau Rouge is my favourite name of all grand prix corners :confused:

Eau Rouge is probably my favourite corner in F1, altough it's a ***** to try and get it flat on a PC game. Sadly getting it flat is all to easy in real life and has been since the mid '90s. Before that the really good drivers could make up loads of time in there.

For names, I think Pouhon (Spa) deserves a mention too. :D I also like Raidillon, Blanchimont and Bus Stop (all Spa) The Swimming Pool (Monte Carlo), Maggots (Silverstone) and 130R (Suzuka)

We're also on the lookout for parking info.

We've got Gold Grandstand tickets (La Source/Pole Position :D) so don't need to worry too much about timing. Actually, saying that, our flight arrives in Brussels at 09:10 on Friday, so we're gonna be a bit pushed to make the start of 1st practice at 10:00! Other than that we're all OK though.

Actually, just been looking at the parking details...

http://www.spafrancorchamps.be/route_eng.asp

Looking increasingly likely that I will be at qualy instead of free practice now, if at all.

How soon before it starts would you advise getting there? Anyone actually know where the parking is, or where you buy tickets?

Having obviously been looking into this, have come up with the following:

The main ticket office is at the main entrance (unsurprisingly!), which is located at the La Source corner area.

Parking is 16 Euros per day, and there are two official car parks, yellow and green. Yellow is Francorchamps end of the track, green is Malmedy (left and right respectively as you look at a map of the track).

We'l be heading for Yellow, as we're in that area anyway, would suggest anyone needing to purchase tickets on the day does the same.

Yeah. I look set for Saturday. Gotta fly to Lithuania and back on Friday, so I'm going to miss out on that.

Anyway, thanks for the info Michelle. I think I'm going for yellow as I need a ticket, then I'm going to trot down under Eau Rouge and head off towards Pouhon. If I can get some pics from Eau Rouge of the first session, that would be great, but I don't think there is that much of a view from the bronze areas. Will have to scout.

I know where Malmedy is and will probably try to see all the track and probably get suckered into buying some souvenirs along the way. Knowing Spa, I will probably need Sun Cream at La Source and a rain coat at Stavelot. Afterwards a short drive South for tea with Baj. 8)

Should be a good do I reckon. :D

I went to Spa a few years ago. Was Awesome and want to go again.

I sat at Stavelot, was brilliant to see them coming towards you flying, then hearing them accelerate away.

If i remember correctly Schumaker won his 7th world title there, and it took ages to get to the car. Thought the police closed all the local road so getting out of the car park was a breeze.

I got there for 10 o clock? Watched the Porche supercup and all that jazz, hung up the Saints flag and enjoyed it! i found the buzz walking to the circuit was more then i get at football!

Edited by Um Bongo

Yeah. I look set for Saturday. Gotta fly to Lithuania and back on Friday night, so I'm going to miss out on that.

Anyway, thanks for the info Michelle. I think I'm going for yellow as I need a ticket, then I'm going to trot down under Eau Rouge and head off towards Pouhon. If I can get some pics from Eau Rouge of the first session, that would be great, but I don't think there is that much of a view from the bronze areas. Will have to scout.

I know where Malmedy is and will probably try to see all the track and probably get suckered into buying some souvenirs along the way. Knowing Spa, I will probably need Sun Cream at La Source and a rain coat at Stavelot. Afterwards a short drive South for tea with Baj. 8)

Should be a good do I reckon. :D

Lithuania? Blimey, sounds like an interesting trip!

I'll be quite happy if the rain is at Stavelot, or at any other part of the course than La Source!!! :p

I've already been suckered into merchandise, and we're not even there yet! Just hope it turns up before we fly out. More to the point, I hope the tickets do too... my booking says not to contact them until Thursday if they haven't been received... and we go out Friday morning - help!

Bajster - (if you haven't already gone yet!) we still on for meeting up on Friday matey? We're not gonna make P1, will definately be about for P2 though.

I went to Spa a few years ago. Was Awesome and want to go again.

I sat at Stavelot, was brilliant to see them coming towards you flying, then hearing them accelerate away.

Any general advice regarding tickets, parking, things to take etc? Do you need earplugs.

Made the mistake of not taking earplugs to the Phoenix 500 NASCAR last year. Luckily a friend had some, but the noise was deafening.

Lithuania? Blimey, sounds like an interesting trip!

I'll be quite happy if the rain is at Stavelot, or at any other part of the course than La Source!!! :p

I've already been suckered into merchandise, and we're not even there yet! Just hope it turns up before we fly out. More to the point, I hope the tickets do too... my booking says not to contact them until Thursday if they haven't been received... and we go out Friday morning - help!

Bajster - (if you haven't already gone yet!) we still on for meeting up on Friday matey? We're not gonna make P1, will definately be about for P2 though.

Some guy was selling Friday practice tickets on ebay for £25 for 3. I only need one, but it would have saved a packet if I could have gone. :(

Baj has I think already left. Think his trip is something like the 1st till the 8th, best try him on his mobile.

Saturday morning practice is 11-12 local, so I am going to try and get there for 9, which means leaving here at about 7, having got back from Kaunas at 12 the previous night... must remember to get some red bull tommorow, mind you I think one team should have a plentiful supply. Go DC!! :D

Any general advice regarding tickets, parking, things to take etc? Do you need earplugs.

Made the mistake of not taking earplugs to the Phoenix 500 NASCAR last year. Luckily a friend had some, but the noise was deafening.

I quite enjoyed having my eardrums burst :D

I seem to remember you get a free bag with stuff in, including ear plugs if u want them!

As for tickets, we had ours before we left (Family holiday with the race thrown in at the end to please me) but think it was just a general admisson ticket with seating up for grabs. got lucky and sat with a bunch of honda supporters!

Parking - We parked in one the offical car parks, with a shuttle bus. Think it was about 2km away from the circuit. Only thing they didnt say was that they didnt start running again after the race 1 hour after it finished, so had to walk back to the car! I would take Suncreme, and rainwear, as u said, it can be unpredictable there!

Enjoy it though, its a cracking Course and hopefully Hamilton can get the win.