European Grand Prix

the scud

Hamilton doing ok after first practice however he did spin as Vettel had the fastest lap.

1 Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso-Ferrari one minute 40.496 seconds

2 Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari 1:40.654

3 Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes 1:40.822

4 Sebastien Bourdais (Fra) 1:41.099

5 Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes 1:41.163

6 Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber 1:41.281

7 Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari 1:41.317

8 Kazuki Nakajima (Jpn) Williams-Toyota 1:41.329

9 Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault 1:41.385

10 Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Toyota 1:41.706

11 Rubens Barrichello (Brz) Honda 1:41.830

12 Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota 1:41.930

13 Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India-Ferrari 1:41.951

14 Timo Glock (Ger) Toyota 1:42.036

15 Nelson Piquet Jr (Brz) Renault 1:42.107

16 Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber 1:42.453

17 Jenson Button (GB) Honda 1:42.460

18 Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Force India-Ferrari 1:43.075

19 David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault 1:43.312

20 Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault 1:43.524

Not the best of F1 races, and I actually started to yawn at one point. I turned over to the Olympics closing ceremony instead. I might have stayed with it, but when you have an advert every time you get a bit of interest going, it's hard. Yes ITV, you manage to completely ruin anything you cover simply because the adverts are more important that the content of what you broadcast. [There, couldn't leave out the fortnightly ITV rant..!]

One thing I have noticed this season and that is the very poor form of Kimi Raikkonen. I know he's the World Champion, but something is missing from his driving and I noticed it from the very first race. It seems to me that since the driver aid of traction control have been backed off in F1 he seems to have gone backward too. He should be right up the front, after all, his car is every bit as good as Massa's. But his driver control leaves a little to be desired IMO.

Be a bit harsh to punish Massa. He wouldn't have known that FI was coming until it was along side him going down the pit lane.

Punishing the team would be more apt, although I think that Ferrari lollipop man needs a drugs test. He nearly caused 2 very serious accidents with those howlers today.

Nice circuit.

lol @ Kimi - again.

Grr @ the Ferrari/Massa pit incident - yet again Ferrari get away with it. They may as well not have bothered fining Massa, drop in the ocean springs to mind.

Do we know how the Ferrari mechanic is after Kimi decided to put his foot down a tad early? Me thinks Ferrari need a little rethink about their pit release system - I know, nothing has happened before, but as Arizona said, it could've been much more serious.

I didn't like the circuit. Oh it looked OK, just like a new circuit should, although it was a bit lacking in character, but that's understandable. What I mean is that right from the very beginning of the race, by its short straights and sharp corners, it spread the field very quickly. James Allen brought this my notice in his commentary, just before my first yawn. I'm not sure whether this is actually a problem of the circuit, or just a problem with F1 though, so I'm going to stay open minded for next year when the aerodynamic rules change.

I like quick, close racing with plenty of overtaking chances tried, denied, and/and not successful. This wasn't it. It was pitstop strategy again. Don't get me wrong, that's an added bonus to excitement. But that's all it should be. The added bonus - not the main event. With apologies to everyone if it got loads better after I gave up.

Looked like a Grand Prix held in an industrial estate. The track bored me in all honesty.

The race itself was also dull. Livened up only by Vettel and Toyota doing quite nicely. Hamilton did well considering he was supposedly coming down with Flu. And what a shocker for DC, he should hang his helmet up early in my opinion.

Guest Hacienda
Nice looking circuit but a dire, boring race. Disaster for the Spanish fans and for RF1, not that that would bother anyone.

Made me happy.