Need a new pre-match boozer

Huffton

It doesn't. Was is there this week, only one ale (Ringwood) and the worst pint of Guiness I've ever had the misfortune to taste.

:vom:

We were drinking in Pensioners, but it has gone downhill since landlord left. Now go to The Alexandra which has 4 real ales including Ringwood, London Pride, Summer Lightning and Timothy Taylor currently. I am pretty sure I have seen kids in there, but wouldn't want to promise.

I was under the impression that The Red Lion didn't do any decent ale, though?

I haven't been in there in ages, too pricey for me.

We were drinking in Pensioners, but it has gone downhill since landlord left. Now go to The Alexandra which has 4 real ales including Ringwood, London Pride, Summer Lightning and Timothy Taylor currently. I am pretty sure I have seen kids in there, but wouldn't want to promise.

Alex is a good bet, quite a big garden too.

If you want good ale, Guide Dog is an option but not great for kids. New Inn might be good still - haven't been in there for a while. The Alex is a good shout. I'm told the new JDW nr. Ocean Village (or what's left of it after more SCC incompetence) is decent but can't vouch for that personally.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
The osbourne in freemantle allows kids, plus they lay on a free coach every home game to the ground which leaves at 2.15.

That's a bit early isn't it. In the Dell days we never left the Ossie until 2.50.:D

any idea where the fook the king alfred is?!

Must be the nearest boozer to St Marys, Bar to turn style?

Chaple would come a close second, but you could face a toe'ing if your, gobby,welsh,fresh from a tour of duty, an expectant father,have an extended welsh family, have a pink jumper?????

Or all of the above.......

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
We might have had a beer together, i went in the osbourne pre match for years, all the way back to keith the landlord, til he got cancer poor sod.

I was one of the lot down from London, you may have known Eric Shadick, James Whitworth, Mike Rosam and many other London Saints members. I was the large, objectionable arsehole who drank far too quickly and needed a reminder that the match started in ten minutes...:D

I was one of the lot down from London, you may have known Eric Shadick, James Whitworth, Mike Rosam and many other London Saints members. I was the large, objectionable arsehole who drank far too quickly and needed a reminder that the match started in ten minutes...:D

might know you by sight, the london saints i knew sat near me in the lower east, reg and co? I sat with another london saint jim holland ( r.i.p.)

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
might know you by sight, the london saints i knew sat near me in the lower east, reg and co? I sat with another london saint jim holland ( r.i.p.)

I was in the upper West Archers, but I knew who you meant. Robin Richardson, Mick Lucas and the rest of the British Rail lads, Peter Simpson and Clydie and Chris.

Dolphin tap next to walkabout does all pints for £1.99, not much of a football pub but they do good nachos

Was talking to the manageress today, apparently they ar hoping to have sky sports installed very soon.

The Grapes is re-opening in a few weeks.

Sauce?