Breakdown Cover

saint_stevo

I use AutoAid, its £36 a year, the only thing is you pay at the time and they refund the money with in 14 days (usually about 3 days), the call out average is about 40 minutes and you get the following for your money:

Our Services in the UK

If the vehicle that you, your legal spouse or civil partner are driving breaks down we can arrange and will reimburse for the services as shown below.

The benefits and services apply to ANY breakdown, which occurs during the period of insurance and within the territorial limits

Emergency Roadside Repairs

We will arrange help at the scene of the breakdown and will arrange and reimburse any call-out fees and labour charges needed to start the vehicle.

Recovery of the vehicle and its passengers

If the vehicle cannot be repaired at the scene of the breakdown, we will arrange and reimburse any reasonable cost of taking the vehicle, you and up to 5 passengers from the place where the vehicle has broken down to anyone place you choose.

Home Breakdowns

If the vehicle breaks down at your home or within one mile of your home, we will arrange help and reimburse any call-out fees and labour charges needed to start the vehicle. If the vehicle cannot be repaired quickly at the scene of the breakdown, we will reimburse the reasonable cost of taking the vehicle to the nearest available garage. The maximum reimbursement under this benefit ONLY is £65.

breakdown07.jpg Alternative Travel or Emergency Overnight Hotel Accommodation

If a vehicle breaks down while it is more than 25 miles from your home, and it cannot be repaired at the roadside or at a garage during the same day, and is not recovered to your home or destination, we will refund the cost of onward travel arrangements or necessary emergency overnight accommodation.

We will reimburse for the following:

alternative road, rail or air travel for you and your party to reach your destination and for one person to return to collect the vehicle; or

one night's hotel accommodation for you and up to 5 passengers. (The amount we will refund will only be for the rooms. We will not pay for meals or drinks.)

Before you arrange emergency travel or accommodation, you must call the Rescue Control Centre for their agreement. We will only refund amounts covered by this insurance if we receive valid invoices and receipts.

Caravans and trailers

If your vehicle breaks down, any attached caravan or small trailer will be entitled to the same service as the vehicle as long as it's attached to the vehicle by a standard 50 millimetre (2 inch) towing coupling.

Theft or Vandalism

If the vehicle is stolen and recovered, or cannot be driven as a result of damage caused by vandalism, we will refund the cost of taking the vehicle to your home address or to a repairer of your choice.

Toll Authority Fees

If the breakdown occurs in a Toll authority area, we will refund the cost of any Toll authority vehicle used to recover the vehicle.

http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

I use AutoAid, its £36 a year, the only thing is you pay at the time and they refund the money with in 14 days (usually about 3 days), the call out average is about 40 minutes and you get the following for your money:

Our Services in the UK

If the vehicle that you, your legal spouse or civil partner are driving breaks down we can arrange and will reimburse for the services as shown below.

The benefits and services apply to ANY breakdown, which occurs during the period of insurance and within the territorial limits

Emergency Roadside Repairs

We will arrange help at the scene of the breakdown and will arrange and reimburse any call-out fees and labour charges needed to start the vehicle.

Recovery of the vehicle and its passengers

If the vehicle cannot be repaired at the scene of the breakdown, we will arrange and reimburse any reasonable cost of taking the vehicle, you and up to 5 passengers from the place where the vehicle has broken down to anyone place you choose.

Home Breakdowns

If the vehicle breaks down at your home or within one mile of your home, we will arrange help and reimburse any call-out fees and labour charges needed to start the vehicle. If the vehicle cannot be repaired quickly at the scene of the breakdown, we will reimburse the reasonable cost of taking the vehicle to the nearest available garage. The maximum reimbursement under this benefit ONLY is £65.

breakdown07.jpg Alternative Travel or Emergency Overnight Hotel Accommodation

If a vehicle breaks down while it is more than 25 miles from your home, and it cannot be repaired at the roadside or at a garage during the same day, and is not recovered to your home or destination, we will refund the cost of onward travel arrangements or necessary emergency overnight accommodation.

We will reimburse for the following:

alternative road, rail or air travel for you and your party to reach your destination and for one person to return to collect the vehicle; or

one night's hotel accommodation for you and up to 5 passengers. (The amount we will refund will only be for the rooms. We will not pay for meals or drinks.)

Before you arrange emergency travel or accommodation, you must call the Rescue Control Centre for their agreement. We will only refund amounts covered by this insurance if we receive valid invoices and receipts.

Caravans and trailers

If your vehicle breaks down, any attached caravan or small trailer will be entitled to the same service as the vehicle as long as it's attached to the vehicle by a standard 50 millimetre (2 inch) towing coupling.

Theft or Vandalism

If the vehicle is stolen and recovered, or cannot be driven as a result of damage caused by vandalism, we will refund the cost of taking the vehicle to your home address or to a repairer of your choice.

Toll Authority Fees

If the breakdown occurs in a Toll authority area, we will refund the cost of any Toll authority vehicle used to recover the vehicle.

http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

I used these guys for a couple of years before I moved to Auz and had no issues at all with them.

Green Flag are who my insurer uses and a few years ago they had a bad reputation so I wasn't sure what to expect but I broke down last summer in the middle of nowhere in Devon and they were brilliant. Then I had a further problem and they were excellent again.

I'm Green Flag, and I've never had a problem with them every time I've used them. They even pick you up from your house (or whereever you are) the day after the breakdown (if it's after garages closing) and take you to the garage of your choice.

Mind you, my dad pays for mine (he agreed to so long as I let him be a named driver on my insurance), and I think we have sort of special premium dealy.