Administration

PES

I'm hoping this is not true, but I've had two people at work come up to me all gleeful, informing me Saints are on the brink of Administration. As a FOOTBALL fan I would not wish that on anyone and whilst it's not my place to admonish them, I actually think less of their football credentials because of it. Most Pompey fans remember the humiliation of unsympathetic press reports and luckily we found a buyer, though many, including myself doubted we would. Anyway I guess I'm trying to say despite lots of goading from some Pompey fans, many will be hoping that you come through this with a clean slate and a new buyer and I for one will not be using impending administration as a jibe, I know and most intelligent Pompey fans know, it's not funny and that it's the REAL fans who will suffer the most (Not the token scummers who spout off but rarely actually go). Anyway Chins up guys and girls. :)

I'm hoping this is not true, but I've had two people at work come up to me all gleeful, informing me Saints are on the brink of Administration. As a FOOTBALL fan I would not wish that on anyone and whilst it's not my place to admonish them, I actually think less of their football credentials because of it. Most Pompey fans remember the humiliation of unsympathetic press reports and luckily we found a buyer, though many, including myself doubted we would. Anyway I guess I'm trying to say despite lots of goading from some Pompey fans, many will be hoping that you come through this with a clean slate and a new buyer and I for one will not be using impending administration as a jibe, I know and most intelligent Pompey fans know, it's not funny and that it's the REAL fans who will suffer the most (Not the token scummers who spout off but rarely actually go). Anyway Chins up guys and girls. :)

As a football fan who walked behind the PFC coffin and knows what it feels like. Lets hope theres light at the end of your tunnel like there was in ours.

Have to say that Milan came along at the right time and saved Pompey. He made a nice tidy sum out of them, and fair play to that, that's his prerogative. Portsmouth's woes in the past are well documented, if not well remembered. I believe it was the setting up of a professional Pompey basketball team that finally started the slide into the horror show that followed.

Hopefully, Saints won't go through that particular maze before the recovery happens, and thanks for the lack of goading. It's more than this club deserves in some respects.

Have to say that Milan came along at the right time and saved Pompey. He made a nice tidy sum out of them, and fair play to that, that's his prerogative. Portsmouth's woes in the past are well documented, if not well remembered. I believe it was the setting up of a professional Pompey basketball team that finally started the slide into the horror show that followed.

Hopefully, Saints won't go through that particular maze before the recovery happens, and thanks for the lack of goading. It's more than this club deserves in some respects.

started by the original spy in the camp John Deacon, southampton resident who i think was once mayor of Southampton

Thanks PES and Mack rill for your thoughts.The fact you both came on here without taking the p*ss says a lot about you both.

I too remember how close Pompey came to going down the pan and for real Pompey fans,they must have been dark times indeed.You were lucky enough to come out the other side and hopefully we will too because football would be very boring without our local rivalry.

...bit like the other 15,000 other "token" skates that turned up at Wembley last year but aint been around to help you fill fartton since? :smt023

Could not agree more. We'll be at least 6,000 short of capacity for the Swansea game, with Swansea bringing nearly 4,000 down too. I know so many people at work who have Pompey tattoo's, wear the shirts and have an opinion on everything and yet the f****** don't go! I know people who cried at the cup final (personally I was just pleased) and ain't seen a game since. Load of old toss. :mad:

Thanks PES and Mack rill for your thoughts.The fact you both came on here without taking the p*ss says a lot about you both.

I too remember how close Pompey came to going down the pan and for real Pompey fans,they must have been dark times indeed.You were lucky enough to come out the other side and hopefully we will too because football would be very boring without our local rivalry.

Thanks Rock. I never take the **** out of the scummers at work! (well, maybe a tiny bit) and whilst there is alot of banter, most fans don't dish it out because those that really care know how it feels when everything is going to sh*t! I find those that continually dish it out again mostly don't go and so don't have as much emotionally invested. I find most INVESTED Pompey and Saints fans on the frontlines have a strange kinda respect for each other. Though admittedly there's always a few. :)

Thanks to PES and Mack rill for their informed comments and it has to be said genuine concern.

Well let's face it, if we go to the wall who are they going to banter with? Brighton? Bournemouth?

But seriously, it's good to see that not all the pompey fans that post on this forum are as moronic as Corp Ho. I never fully appreciated just how close they came to going down the pan themselves and I may have joked about it at the time, but I really wouldn't wish what is happening to us on anyone. REAL football fans don't deserve it.

Well let's face it, if we go to the wall who are they going to banter with? Brighton? Bournemouth?

But seriously, it's good to see that not all the pompey fans that post on this forum are as moronic as Corp Ho. I never fully appreciated just how close they came to going down the pan themselves and I may have joked about it at the time, but I really wouldn't wish what is happening to us on anyone. REAL football fans don't deserve it.

Which is why, when the chips are down, I don't go in for Pompey bashing. I find no joy in another's depression. Like the Cherries, they are the club down the road, and unlike Bournemouth, they are having their days in the sun again. They've waited long enough to come back. The vast majority of us Saints fans still have vivid memories of the Premiership, which is why the present predicament is still so incredible to us. I'm hoping our time will come again soon, but Pompey had to wait over 50 years with a sniff at the big time in the late 80's. That's almost a fan's lifetime of waiting, and you'd have to doubly dedicated to stay around that long.

what he said - been there - done that and it's not nice.

I opened this thread expecting to see a lot of goading. I echo what my fellow Saints fans have said. I remember Pompey when they were going through hard times and despite having the usual pre/post match banter with my pompey fan friends I never wanted to see them go to the wall and was pleased that they can turn it around.

Lets hope that we can do the same. The best times for me are when we play each other and long may this continue

FWIW I think anyone who's read this forum (or it's predecessor) would vouch for me when I say that whenever the subject of you possibly going into administration has come up I've always said that I hoped it didn't happen. Having been through it with Pompey (not to mention spending years experiencing a complete lack of investment by Deacon and Gregory Jnr comparable to what you're seeing now) I know just what a thoroughly miserable experience it is.

I do find it a bit rich though that some of you would have a go at any Pompey fans who might be enjoying your predicament given just how many times Saints posters on here have tried to goad me about Mandaric and then Gaydamak walking away and Pompey going bust. Not so funny when you're on the wrong side of the fence, is it?

FWIW I think anyone who's read this forum (or it's predecessor) would vouch for me when I say that whenever the subject of you possibly going into administration has come up I've always said that I hoped it didn't happen. Having been through it with Pompey (not to mention spending years experiencing a complete lack of investment by Deacon and Gregory Jnr comparable to what you're seeing now) I know just what a thoroughly miserable experience it is.

I do find it a bit rich though that some of you would have a go at any Pompey fans who might be enjoying your predicament given just how many times Saints posters on here have tried to goad me about Mandaric and then Gaydamak walking away and Pompey going bust. Not so funny when you're on the wrong side of the fence, is it?

you just couldnt help yourself could you

Understandable, but personally i'd say that, in jest, We don't want to see either club go to the wall. Lets hope your lot sort out your debts and stay in the prem this year and we sort out ours

In which case I apologise Corp. I do not remember any specdific instances of you goading us about it but given your general style of posting and continuous arguments about attendance figures, I would not have put it past you.

In fairness Corp, this is a Saints forum. And let's be honest... you haven't exactly endeared yourself to its members in the past have you?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4319

Actually, I take it back. Corp you are a moron and a hypocrite. A quick search of your previous posts threw up this little nugget from as recently as November...

Like I said, give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. How's the takeover of Saints coming along? How many players will you have to sell in January to stave off administration?

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4319

Actually, I take it back. Corp you are a moron and a hypocrite. A quick search of your previous posts threw up this little nugget from as recently as November...

Which was in response to posts from caring, sharing Saints fans constantly gloating about the prospect of Gaydamak walking out, a "fire sale" of all our players, Pompey going bust etc etc. Apparently it's funny when it might happen to Pompey but not Saints. Even considering this is a Saints board that smacks of incredible double standards on your part not to realise it.

So, are all the Saints fans who post anything like that about Pompey morons and hypocrites now they don't want Saints to go into administration?

So, are all the Saints fans who post anything like that about Pompey morons and hypocrites now they don't want Saints to go into administration?

Not at all. Just pointing out the fact that you claim to have never goaded us about administrtation when, in fact, you have. That's what makes you a hypocrite....

FWIW I think anyone who's read this forum (or it's predecessor) would vouch for me when I say that whenever the subject of you possibly going into administration has come up I've always said that I hoped it didn't happen.

Like I said, give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. How's the takeover of Saints coming along? How many players will you have to sell in January to stave off administration?