XP Antivirus

Saint_clark

i had this problem on one of the computers at work. The virus is a nasty little fooker, usually under the name of burrito.exe.

try using this..

http://www.superantispyware.com/

or a piece of software called "sdfix"

this link explains how to use it..

http://bicester-computers.com/support/showthread.php?t=18

the virus will leave files that end (or contain) .....j0e... do a search for this and see how many it finds. Using sdfix should get rid of this for you.

Edited by JustMike

My entire network at work is full of spyware thanks to this f*cking virus. We've got new PC's we're building only to find they're full of spyware just before we're about to send them out the door!

Sophos is absolutely crap considering the price we pay out. On total lockdown now :(

I used Malwarebytes and it seems to have worked - I think. I'm able to boot up without any problems but I still get a fake Blue screen of Death, saying I need to reboot my PC.

However if I CTRL+ALT+DEL I can get back to my normal screen.

Does this mean I still have the bar steward on the PC or have I got another one? Will be grateful for any help.

I used Malwarebytes and it seems to have worked - I think. I'm able to boot up without any problems but I still get a fake Blue screen of Death, saying I need to reboot my PC.

However if I CTRL+ALT+DEL I can get back to my normal screen.

Does this mean I still have the bar steward on the PC or have I got another one? Will be grateful for any help.

The fake blue screen of death is all tied in, thats the screensaver it sets.

SuperantiSpyware ridded me of that part

Aye have been reading up on it. Will re-run malwarebytes and then superantispy in safe mode.

The fake blue screen as I understand is something from another place but tied into the virus and not picked up by some anti virus programs.

I'll give it a go tonight but I think a full reformatting is in order and start afresh.

Edited by Johnny Shearer

Once you've removed the main part of the virus using malwarebytes, you should just be able to change your screensaver back - that's what I did.

However, it's best to run superantispy anyway.

I thought of that this morning too but will run superantispy just in case. I'd rather be safe than sorry with this bugger.

You suggested the SuperAntiSpyware one to me, why didn't you use that?

Because we have about 14 systems connected to a crappy server. We've got about 4 users with memory sticks infected which have been plugged into new PC's and repairs.

Not good. Seem to be coming to a head with it now though.