Favourite F1 Circuits - In Order.

Arizona

Bit of tangent from my other thread about pointless races. Put the F1 circuits from the current calendar (and any oldies you may want to include) in order, favourite to least.

My list

1. Spa

2. Silverstone

3. Brazil

4. Suzuka

5. Malaysia

6. China

7. Magny Cours

8. Hockenheim

9. Turkey

10. Melbourne

11. Monza

12. Bahrain

13. Barcelona

14. Montreal

15. Monaco

16. Singapore

17. Hungaroring

18. Valencia

My Top Ten from last year's calendar. Circuits, not races, else Fuji and Marina Bay would be at the top :D

Absolutely gutted to have lost Montreal, it's been my favourite for years.

1. Montreal

2. Melbourne

3. Silverstone

4. Spa

5. Marina Bay

6. Monza

7. Fuji

8. Istanbul

9. Shanghai

10. Sepang

Marina Bay, really?

If Nelsinho hadn't put it in the wall, I think we'd have had another Valencia on our hands.

Top 10 races would have been:

1. Brazil

2. Silverstone (sorry Ponty)

3. Spa

4. Monza

5. Montreal

6. Marina Bay

7. Hockenheim

8. Fuji

9. Melbourne

10. Sepang

Can't do just F1 circuits because that's unfair. But I will restrict it to current/proposed F1 and MotoGP otherwise I'll be including Brands, Croft, Snetterton, Isle Of Man, Montreal, Paul Ricard, etc... and be here all night. So here goes a top 10 in reasonable order, as of this moment [i think]:

1. Mugello*

2. Laguna Seca

3. Sachsenring

4. Phillip Island

5. Spa Francochamps

6. Monza

7. Assen**

8. Misano

9. Sepang

10. Jerez

*Owned by Ferrari and utterly brilliant as a motorcycling circuit.

** Though it's worse since they modified it.

I don't think Silverstone is that good, or Donnington for that matter. And I can't stand Interlagos either. Frankly, I can never see the attraction. Brands Hatch is still a little cracker, but it's not current or proposed at the moment, and I'm not including any other race classes, as said before.

Can't do just F1 circuits because that's unfair. But I will restrict it to current/proposed F1 and MotoGP otherwise I'll be including Brands, Croft, Snetterton, Isle Of Man, Montreal, Paul Ricard, etc... and be here all night. So here goes a top 10 in reasonable order, as of this moment [i think]:

1. Mugello*

2. Laguna Seca

3. Sachsenring

4. Phillip Island

5. Spa Francochamps

6. Monza

7. Assen**

8. Misano

9. Sepang

10. Jerez

*Owned by Ferrari and utterly brilliant as a motorcycling circuit.

** Though it's worse since they modified it.

I don't think Silverstone is that good, or Donnington for that matter. And I can't stand Interlagos either. Frankly, I can never see the attraction. Brands Hatch is still a little cracker, but it's not current or proposed at the moment, and I'm not including any other race classes, as said before.

May I ask why? I always thought it was a nice, fast open circuit with a great mix of high and medium speed corners which allows for regular overtaking in dry or wet conditions.

May I ask why? I always thought it was a nice, fast open circuit with a great mix of high and medium speed corners which allows for regular overtaking in dry or wet conditions.

Sure. I don't think Silverstone is that great because they've buggered about with it to its detriment, IMO. 25 years ago [possibly more, possibly less, the memory fails] it was a very fast and open circuit. Nowadays, they have brought it into line, and it is much more similar to other circuits, despite its width; and its identity has been overshadowed.

Edited by St Landrew

Spa is my favourite all-time F1 circuit. I love Brands Hatch and it's probably my favourite UK circuit. I go up there quite often for various meetings andI love sitting at the end of the pit straight. All the gradient changes around Druids are awesome!

I went to see the Brit Car night-time meeting in November and really enjoyed it. One of the support races was the Lotus Elises and Exiges and the racing was very close and hugely entertaining.

• 2 weeks later...