Bullard signs for Hull???

Saint_clark

By all accounts, Bullard's not been anywhere near as good this season as he was last season, so he might not be missed at all, particularly as he was after £50k a week on a 4-year contract!

Hull have got to be a bit careful, they're not safe from relegation yet, despite their brilliant start to the season, and they've now committed themselves to £2.5m every year for the next 4 years. £15m total outlay for someone like Bullard is madness.

I think Hull are third of fourth favourites for the drop depending on where you look. Wouldn't suprise me at all if they went down, Bullard could be the difference though.

I think he will definatly be missed even if he wasn't as influential as the end of last season. They haven't got much in the way of cover for Bullard, Etuhu is about all I can think of at the moment.

Still if Hodgson can pull out another Hangeland type signing for midfield they will be fine.

Not sure if Bullard is the player a lot of people make him out to be. He does put in some formidable performances but they aren't consistent enough.

Quite.

I've got a couple of mates who follow Fulham (one's a season ticket holder) and although he's decent enough they both think he's overrated on the basis of his cheeky lad persona (even if this is the second club he's walked out on for wanting more money).

• 4 weeks later...