Sunday Supplement

Thedelldays

i have to say...soccer AM is really boring now..

it was hillarious when lovejoy and hells bells did the show...now it is plain dull with the same gags being drawn out..

I watched it the other day, looked better than last year......I still reckon Lovejoy will come back.

• 2 years later...
I watched it the other day, looked better than last year......I still reckon Lovejoy will come back.

Much better this year then a few ago. Max Rushden is infinitely better then the Plastic Manc they had for a season. The new 2 hour format suits it better too, keeps it moving quicker.

As for 'Worst football show.' ITV's 'The Premiership,' or their FA Cup coverage, infact they should be banned from showing any sport, they are incapable of doing a good job of it.

Right I have never watched the program until today, and I was doing some work but I have to agree it is bloody terrible, but they all went for Birmingham and Blackpool, and think that Wigan will win at Stoke. I lost the will to live listening to them, and the bloke from the Sun makes me laugh moaning about stuff that the 'newspaper' he works for would print the rubbish he was talking about.

As for Soccer AM, I have watched it nearly every week since it started and it used to be brilliant because at the time it worked and it was new and fresh, then Lovejoy left and it went downhill big time. Then the last couple of seasons before this one were terrible. Helen & Max have gelled this year and I think it is much better again, but still nowhere near as good as it was, but what is?

Sunday Supplement is typical of the over analysis of football, and inflating what are probably fairly bland statements into earth shattering ones. I'm no great fan of Fergie but one week if he criticises someone then it's so and so gets the hair dryer treatment, and if he praises a team then it's mind games. Goals on Sunday isn't much better when Kamara goes on about referees - one moment he's asking for consistency and the next he wants common sense. He doesn't seem to realise that consistency and common sense aren't always mutually compatible.

Yes, great thread. This program infuriates me eyond belief. Slimey desperate men the lot of them. The strange thing is; people must watch it.....morons.

Not as bad as the Manure PR man Henry Winter, and the crap he writes in the Telegraph is beyond comprehension

Sunday Supplement is typical of the over analysis of football, and inflating what are probably fairly bland statements into earth shattering ones. I'm no great fan of Fergie but one week if he criticises someone then it's so and so gets the hair dryer treatment, and if he praises a team then it's mind games. Goals on Sunday isn't much better when Kamara goes on about referees - one moment he's asking for consistency and the next he wants common sense. He doesn't seem to realise that consistency and common sense aren't always mutually compatible.

I agree, but I listen to this show as a Podcast where I think it actually works a lot better than a TV show. I agree that Brian Woolnough is a c*ck, but they do have some very good journos like Henry Winter and Patrick Barclay. The Guardian Podcast is still the best thing about, regardless...

I agree, but I listen to this show as a Podcast where I think it actually works a lot better than a TV show. I agree that Brian Woolnough is a c*ck, but they do have some very good journos like Henry Winter and Patrick Barclay. The Guardian Podcast is still the best thing about, regardless...

I also listen to this as a podcast. I enjoy the game podcast too.