Something to ponder about property

Thedelldays

A work mate has offered to buy my flat...the price he has offered means I could walk away and pay off the mortgage completely BUT will not leave anything left over...basically, I could walk away and owe nothing to no one..to do this, he was everything to remain in the flat, all the furniture, ktichen stuff etc except, the TV and PS3...

I would have to move back onto the naval base for a while as I would have no place to live (would not be an issue for long)...but I will have no furniture etc BUT have a clean break in the economical climate...

toughie...do I sell and cut all ties like that in the current econimical climate

or do I, keep that flat and not take the hit on losing out on all the furniture I have and wait for the market to change in the future..etc..

hmmm

Edited by Thedelldays

oh...can afford it no issue...but it is tempting to sell up in the current climate and have NO ties like that (other than my car loan)...

you read on article and the econemy is ruined for ever..

you read another and the econemy will be back to normal next spring/summer

I sold during the last recession - 2 bed flat in Blackpool - I paid £42,000 for it, and after costs etc etc got £42,000 for it [enough to pay back the interest only mortgage :( ].

About 3 years ago a mate told me that 'my' flat in Blackpool sold for £130,000.

I was ****ed off because the mortgage was only about £250 per month, and I could have got about £400 per month rent for it.

The moral of the story, unless you absolutely HAVE to, NEVER sell property unless you make a big old profit.