Au Revoir?

Arizona

From this list it looks like France has been dropped from the F1 Calendar next year too. I wasn't aware of this, thought it was just Montreal.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=General&id=44597

Bit worrying the number of old school tracks disappearing from the Calendar. Canada, France, Imola, Austria and Nurburgring all in the last few years. Hopefully circuits like Spa, Donnington, Monza and Hockenheim don't get removed.

The Middle East and Asia are the way forward.... Ask Bernie.

The middle east and Asia may have money currently to build new circuits etc but F1 will die without a European TV audience which is why a good half of the calendar will have to remain in Europe.

I guess they will have to keep Monza to keep Ferrari happy and probably somewhere in UK for McLaren, Williams and whichever other teams are still based there these days. You'd hope they keep Spa, but it has gone on extended leave in recent years.

Where next I wonder... Russia maybe. UAE. Somewhere in Africa.

The French Senate have voted positively towards building a new street circuit in time for 2011, ironically next to one of the biggest Renault plants in France. I say ironically because, if you believe the 'net rumours, it's looking less likely that Renault will be around in 2011 than ever before.

And Donington is unlikely to see the 2010 one, let alone any beyond that. Simon Gillett has the square root of f**k all (in terms of funds) ready for the development work.

That's interesting coz I've always thought it was a bit strange to change to Donnington in that time scale and saw it as a big up yours from Bernie to Silverstone et al more than anything else. Is the little fella losing his marbles in old age

That's interesting coz I've always thought it was a bit strange to change to Donnington in that time scale and saw it as a big up yours from Bernie to Silverstone et al more than anything else. Is the little fella losing his marbles in old age

Will be interested to see how Donnington works out as MCN showed the diggers starting work on the upgrades a couple of weeks ago.I just think that what ever they do to the track will spoil the original charachter of it,although most bike racers hated the Melbourne loop which will be done away with.