Lisbon

Thedelldays

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
due to go there for a week with work at the beginning of march....never been before..?

has anyone here and is it any good...will look into maybe getting to a football game when there..?

also, I hear it is pretty rough too

This from someone who works at Millbay...:rolleyes:

due to go there for a week with work at the beginning of march....never been before..?

has anyone here and is it any good...will look into maybe getting to a football game when there..?

also, I hear it is pretty rough too

Spent a lot of time there over the years. Great city. Head for the Biarro Alto for nightlife.

Try for the Estadio da Luz for Benfica games and across the road Jose Alvalade for Sporting. Failing that, Belenenses have a basic little stadium atop one of the hills with great views over the Tagus river.

Went there for Euro 2004. Drove from Madrid. Arriving in the city across that bridge is simply stunning. The whole place is built on a hill. As England/France were in town, didn't really get to see much of the city other than the inside of boozers full up with p*ssed Englishmen.

Are you me?

Lisbon is quality for a weekend.

I went to the Lisbon derby at the Alvalade last season. Some awesome crowd scenes although was quite glad to have been in the posh seats and not in the home end when the police baton charged!

Wil try and go to the same match at the Estadio da Luz some day.

If you fly into Lisbon you get a great approach over the city and can see both the stadia from the air really well.

oh..I will see the sights in estoril

but I want to go and see that jesus statue and sporting lisbon are at home on the sunday afternoon when we are there..

Go to Rio - much better. Not sure how you would persuade the Navy Sub Captain to dock there mind. :confused:

went to the original Stadium of Light in 68 but cannot remember it, only 14 at the time.

do remember the staute of christ and the Belem Tower , i think it was called

Torre de Belem. Also Jeronimos Monastery is close by with Vasco da Gama's tomb and pretty cool piece of Gothic architecture. Get a pasteis (traditional custard tart) at the famous blue tiled cafe across from here on the corner...the best in town.

Best beaches are on the Jesus statue side, Costa da Caparica about 15 minutes ride.