Ferguson to manage UK team.

saint lard

Plus,i'm not sure clubs are going to be too enamered about having to release players for the Olympics.

Even if it is an under 23 competition i'm sure a fair few clubs plans will be disrupted at the start of the domestic season.

Especially given that there's a European Championships that summer as well, and the 2012 Olympics will probably be slightly earlier in the year to coincide with the warmest part of the British summer, so it'll mean that players who are called up to both the Euros and the Olympics won't have either a summer break or a pre-season!

Especially given that there's a European Championships that summer as well, and the 2012 Olympics will probably be slightly earlier in the year to coincide with the warmest part of the British summer, so it'll mean that players who are called up to both the Euros and the Olympics won't have either a summer break or a pre-season!

I don't think that happens a lot, players wouldn't even want to, they know they need some rest between the seasons. But with all the trouble getting players released I'm sure that the Olympics will be made part of the international calendar, so there's not really anything clubs can do after that.