R.E.M @ rose bowl

Mr X

I went.

Was pretty good, REM put on a good show and were very tight, but you'd sort of assume they would be after all this time. Talking of which, I for one was very glad to see them play a good array of older stuff. The older stuff was the reason I got into REM and the main reason I bothered to go to see them, so yeah. Enjoyed it.

I went.

Was pretty good, REM put on a good show and were very tight, but you'd sort of assume they would be after all this time. Talking of which, I for one was very glad to see them play a good array of older stuff. The older stuff was the reason I got into REM and the main reason I bothered to go to see them, so yeah. Enjoyed it.

What older stuff did they play? Anything post Green/Out of time has been so-so for me.

They played a few things from Out of time, I seem to remember a track from Green but might be wrong. They definitely played a track from Reckoning, which I wasn't expecting, as well as "End of the world as we know it (and I feel fine)", which was Document. So yeah, I was actually pleasantly surprised.

Editors very good. Didn't enjoy the Guillemots.

REM brilliant. The tracks from the latest album stood up well alongside many of the classics. Sound, lighting etc faultless. A superb spectacle!

We were also impressed with the transport arrangements, having never been to the Rose Bowl before. £10 total park and ride for 5 of us, and we were home 40 miles away by 12.30. Coincidentally, our bus driver was an ex-neighbour of ours from Blandford!

Editors very good. Didn't enjoy the Guillemots.

REM brilliant. The tracks from the latest album stood up well alongside many of the classics. Sound, lighting etc faultless. A superb spectacle!

We were also impressed with the transport arrangements, having never been to the Rose Bowl before. £10 total park and ride for 5 of us, and we were home 40 miles away by 12.30. Coincidentally, our bus driver was an ex-neighbour of ours from Blandford!

I managed to get quite near the front so it was bloody brilliant, had to queue for bout half hour for bus, but can't complain really, it sounded like the guillemots were one of those bands that that try too hard to be different and end up losing focus of what makes a good song some of it was a bit tune-less.

First time seeing R.E.M and they didn't disappoint :D

great stuff. REM were superb. Guillemots just didn't have the sound right last night. They are much better than that live.

Top night

they were live :confused: and they were using the same stage

I went last night, I can always hear the Rosebowl concerts from my back garden which is quite cool but thought I'd actually go along this time , wasn't overly keen on guillemots tbh, thought editors were fantastic would def see them again! and R.E.M were awesome too :-) really glad I went :-)

I quite liked the Back Room when it came out but I have to admit they were gash at the Rosebowl. Their inadequacies as one trick ponies really came to the fore.

Guillemots were really good, such a shame that the crowd all had their noses in the picnic hampers/Pimms/FT stubbornly holding their ground 4 hours early for REM.

REM surprised me. They were much better than I was expecting and played a good mix. They even played "Fall on me", which is my favourite song.

I DO hate everyone and everything though.

I enjoyed it much more than I thought I would. I tried to sell my ticket but he was only offering £10 so reluctantly went and glad I did. Like most of the people there I only knew their 90's singles but the stuff played I didn't know souned pretty. good. When returing to my car there was a nice letter under the wipers from a local hoping I'd enjoyed the gig but moaning that I hadn't left hthem enough room to get his car in and out of the drive. I sent a lovely letter in his letter box saying that yes, thank you I did enjoy gig. I would have written more but was in a rush such as maybe you should learn to park (there was plenty of room) or get a smaller car (i'e. one that's not a huge, gas guzzling monster) or move or put up with the fact that arround 10 nights a year it might be a bit tricky driving the car around in the local are (people who live in inner cites have to put up with this on a daily basis).

I hope next year there are loads more concerts so I can park in the same place every time.

• 2 weeks later...