htc touch dual

hamster

I have an htc touch dual, also known as the 'nike'. I managed to unlock it after leaving Orange and am on an ASDA pay as you go SIM only until I decide what contract (if any) I go with.

I love the phone, especially the 'cube' feature, but cannot for the life of me get on the internet. I am not techy, and ASDA have simply sent me some settings which don't seem to work.

Anyone else got one who can talk me through the process please?

this is a guess, and i have no real knowledge of HTC phones (thinking about getting a Touch HD though?!) or the ASDA network but thinking you may need to specify an APN address, which will be specific to Asda-

WAP

APN Name: ASDA mobile

APN Address: asdamobiles.co.uk

Gateway IP address: 212.183.137.12

Username: wap

Password: wap

Session Type: Continuous / permanent

Authentication: Normal

Security: Off

Port Number: 8799 WAP2.0, 9201 WAP1.x

Connection: When needed

GPRS

APN Name: ASDA mobile

APN Address: asdamobiles.co.uk

Gateway IP address: N/A

Username: web

Password: web

Session Type: Continuous / permanent

Authentication: Normal

Security: Off

Port Number: N/A

Connection: When needed

If not try calling ASDA mobile and asking them- dial 2732 from your ASDA mobile or 0845 303 2732 from a landline.

Baj has an HTC phone i think, so he will probably laugh in the face off my post and tell you what to do or point you in the right directiion for configuring your APN.

s_s

this is a guess, and i have no real knowledge of HTC phones (thinking about getting a Touch HD though?!) or the ASDA network but thinking you may need to specify an APN address, which will be specific to Asda-

If not try calling ASDA mobile and asking them- dial 2732 from your ASDA mobile or 0845 303 2732 from a landline.

Baj has an HTC phone i think, so he will probably laugh in the face off my post and tell you what to do or point you in the right directiion for configuring your APN.

s_s

Cheers stevo, but have that info already. Nice of you to go to the trouble of finding it though.

As for calling them, they charged 25p a min to tell me that they would send me an e-mail (with that very same info). To think, I got the same info on here for just a fiver a year. Bargain.

I am pretty sure that I am simply putting the wrong info in the wrong place, or possibly not opening a port or something?

Hopefully Baj or some other kind soul will chip in.