Commuting from the city of Southampton to London

Draino76

Christ, travelling to London for the occassional work meeting/ training course is bad enough, I couldn't be doing with all that every day.

When I do have to now (which, typically has been a good half a dozen times in the past couple of months) I drive.

Leave So'ton at 07:00, parked up at Richmond by 08:20, then Richmond to Chancery Lane or Piccadilly Circus on t'tube, depending on required venue.

Last summer I used to commute from Brockenhurst to London, Monday - Friday.

Which meant the 4.45 train, so I got there in time for work.

I was spending about £70 a week on tickets.

How the hell did you get them so cheap? :confused:

A return from Southampton Central to London Waterloo at peak time is £57.60.

• 3 weeks later...

I commuted up to London from SOton for 9 months and it really wasn't that bad. The company paid for the £360 monthly season ticket and i would just sleep on the journeys. The killer was when i went out in London, i'd get back to Soton at 3am only to have to wake up early to go to work the next day!!! I've since moved up here so now its just a pain for the midweek home matches....

I commuted up to London from SOton for 9 months and it really wasn't that bad. The company paid for the £360 monthly season ticket and i would just sleep on the journeys. The killer was when i went out in London, i'd get back to Soton at 3am only to have to wake up early to go to work the next day!!! I've since moved up here so now its just a pain for the midweek home matches....

Didn't you live on Hill Lane five minutes walk from Southampton Central?