It's Snowing

Mole

As usual, Southampton got pretend snow. The flakes were so small and so fleeting this morning they barely registered on my radar. If you really like regular winter snow, Southampton isn't the place for you. Pretty nippy though at the farmers market in Romsey.

Given the fact the worst is suppose to be tomorrow, i would keep your radar swtiched on.

uk_d2_lg.gif?1233497508

Given the fact the worst is suppose to be tomorrow, I would keep your radar swtiched on.

What's the betting though, that in Southampton tomorrow, the snow amounts to sod all. When everywhere else is knee deep in the stuff. It's our little City microclimate that isolates us from the worst of the weather.

What's the betting though, that in Southampton tomorrow, the snow amounts to sod all. When everywhere else is knee deep in the stuff. It's our little City microclimate that isolates us from the worst of the weather.

Hehe, yeah, that's probably right. I do remember a few years ago there was a small storm which in about 15 minutes caused 2/3 inches of snowfall, at least where i lived. As i type it is very bleak outside, maybe we'll get lucky.

*goes and does the snow dance*

Too much salt in the air from the Solent for us to get 'proper snow' so I am told. :smt102

Hehe, yeah, that's probably right. I do remember a few years ago there was a small storm which in about 15 minutes caused 2/3 inches of snowfall, at least where i lived. As i type it is very bleak outside, maybe we'll get lucky.

*goes and does the snow dance*

Explain. :)

Nah!!!!.........it's the combination of the South Downs and the IOW, causes a different pressure, and pushes the clouds up higher......so I'm told:rolleyes:

Tbf I think both theories are rubbish as I can remember having loads of snow guaranteed when I was growing up in Eastleigh. When they first built lakeside we would spend hours on our sledges going down the hills, also skating on the frozen lakes. I have pics of my brothers and I building snowmen and the garden literally covered by snow. :confused:

You're gonna hate this

I got sunburnt today working at the golf here in Dubai..........

But would love to have one of those lovely snowy days back home......

No ok I lied about wanting to be there - off to find some Aloe Vera after sun cream..

But the golf WAS awesomely exciting & I looked bl**dy good on telly...

You're gonna hate this

I got sunburnt today working at the golf here in Dubai..........

But would love to have one of those lovely snowy days back home......

No ok I lied about wanting to be there - off to find some Aloe Vera after sun cream..

But the golf WAS awesomely exciting & I looked bl**dy good on telly...

F*cking poser. :p

Took me an adventurous hour and a half from Maidstone to work in London. F*cking torrid.

Always, always, always proper snow in Kent. Lived there 5 years, got snowed in 5 times. Excellent deep snow. One year it was 6 ft deep up against my front door, and it hadn't drifted. I couldn't see my car, apart from a tiny bit of aerial, in my driveway. That's proper snow.

Southampton - pretend snow. Just looked at my car. It's a slightly paler shade of blue than it normally is. I'm not getting excited, despite all the forecasts. I'm sure the rest of GB will be a blanket of pure white tomorrow.

I'll believe there's proper snow in Southampton when I can't get out my front door. Then I'll get the sled out of the shed.

I was certainly taken aback, about 5pm there was a little sprinkling on the ground from before, by the time I'd had a little snooze before leaving for work at 9:45 there was a good 2-3 inches on the ground.

Sharing the roads with nutjob Londoners in a blizzard and then going back along the snowed under motorway will be interesting, good thing they make us tough in Invicta ;)