London restaurant

Scummer

Going to London in a few weeks to see the Killers, and as it's my birthday a couple of days beforehand was thinking about going somewhere a bit 'posh' for lunch.

It'll be a Monday lunchtime, any suggestions? I read somewhere that Gordon Ramsay at Claridges is much cheaper at lunchtime than in the evening, I assume the same applies elsewhere?

Oh, and how soon will I need to reserve?

Going to London in a few weeks to see the Killers, and as it's my birthday a couple of days beforehand was thinking about going somewhere a bit 'posh' for lunch.

It'll be a Monday lunchtime, any suggestions? I read somewhere that Gordon Ramsay at Claridges is much cheaper at lunchtime than in the evening, I assume the same applies elsewhere?

Oh, and how soon will I need to reserve?

Go to Maze - another of Gordon's restaurants and Jason Atherton is the head chef. Or go to Petrus - used to be Ramsay's but now owned by Marcus Wareing - http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/aug/27/restaurants.london

Terrace garden restaurant,Le meridien hotel Piccadilly,Overlooking piccadilly circus.I used to be a chef there and it is very reasonably priced high class cusine.

I got food poisoning from there... :smt022

The Pont De La Tour used to be very good - overlooking Tower Bridge and very decent nosh.

Kensington Place is also very good (or at least used to be)

Mixed reviews but I have never had a bad meal at Criterion right on Piccadilly Circus

I got food poisoning from there... :smt022

The Pont De La Tour used to be very good - overlooking Tower Bridge and very decent nosh.

Kensington Place is also very good (or at least used to be)

Mixed reviews but I have never had a bad meal at Criterion right on Piccadilly Circus

Thats ok i usually worked in the Michellin starred restaurant "the Oak Room" downstairs so my concience is clear:)

Kensington Place restaurant,Owner and chef Rowley Leigh...superb eaterie.

Terrace garden restaurant,Le meridien hotel Piccadilly,Overlooking piccadilly circus.I used to be a chef there and it is very reasonably priced high class cusine.

I used to be a chef there also! 2002-4 ish when were you there?

I used to be a chef there also! 2002-4 ish when were you there?

1989-1993,Excecutive chef was David Chambers in my day,i worked in main Larder section serving the "Oak Room", which i dont think is there anymore,well not used as a fine dining restaraunt anyway.

Occasainally i went upstairs to the "Terrace garden".to work in the smallest sauce section in the world.

1989-1993,Excecutive chef was David Chambers in my day,i worked in main Larder section serving the "Oak Room", which i dont think is there anymore,well not used as a fine dining restaraunt anyway.

Occasainally i went upstairs to the "Terrace garden".to work in the smallest sauce section in the world.

I worked in the "Terrace Garden" and you couldn't swing a cat in that sauce section! In fact if you tried to get something out of the fridge you burnt your arse on the oven!

I moved there about a year after The Waldorf changed from 5* to Contract catering ****!

I believe they changed the "Oak Room" into a health club didn't they?

Edited by spain saint
added!

I worked in the "Terrace Garden" and you couldn't swing a cat in that sauce section! In fact if you tried to get something out of the fridge you burnt your arse on the oven!

I moved there about a year after The Waldorf changed from 5* to Contract catering ****!

I believe they changed the "Oak Room" into a health club didn't they?[/quote]

I think it turned into a lounge area for afternoon teas and functions.

Under the hotel is Champneys health club which has always been there,guests could use the facilitys,extremely luxurious it is too,if you are lucky enough too blag your way in,instead of paying extortionate membership fee,it ran into thousands of £ per year.