Resignation

thesaint sfc

Can I have some examples of some resignation letters?

I have written one, but would like some ideas to add to it.

Dear *****,

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you 3 weeks’ notice of my intention to leave my position as ****** at ******.

I wish both you and ****** every good fortune and I would like to thank you for having me as part of your team. My experiences with **** I feel will put me in good stead for the rest of my working life. I hope to maintain a strong friendship between the others and yourself and I wish all of you every success.

Yours sincerely,

Can I have some examples of some resignation letters?

I have written one, but would like some ideas to add to it.

Dear *****,

As required by my contract of employment, I hereby give you 3 weeks’ notice of my intention to leave my position as ****** at ******.

I wish both you and ****** every good fortune and I would like to thank you for having me as part of your team. My experiences with **** I feel will put me in good stead for the rest of my working life. I hope to maintain a strong friendship between the others and yourself and I wish all of you every success.

Yours sincerely,

Well i wouldn't call him a ***** for starters...

Yes you can.

But it would have to be a bit more serious than calling someone a c8nt!

Besides, as soon as you get the disciplinary invite letter the normal procedure is to go off sick with stress isn't it, then keep renewing the old Doctor's note until the resignation period is up - so while it is Legally possible to be fired when 'working your notice', practically it very rarely happens....

There....

Debatable I think - it's one that's always puzzled me.

I think it's OK to use the apostrophe because it relates to the notice belonging to three weeks.

It would be wrong to put 'one weeks notice' for example. Because 'three weeks' is plural then the apostrophe appears after the 's'.

See here:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_apost.html

where a similar usage is shown (three days' journey).

:)

I have nothing better to do today.

Debatable I think - it's one that's always puzzled me.

I think it's OK to use the apostrophe because it relates to the notice belonging to three weeks.

It would be wrong to put 'one weeks notice' for example. Because 'three weeks' is plural then the apostrophe appears after the 's'.

See here:

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/handouts/grammar/g_apost.html

where a similar usage is shown (three days' journey).

:)

I have nothing better to do today.

No.

The notice doesn't belong to the three weeks, the notice belongs to the person.

The three weeks is the length of time with weeks being the plural of week.

No.

Then how can we explain the grammar police's statement about one day's journey? Surely the journey belongs to the person making it, and not the day?

I'm not entirely convinced either but I can see the logic in having an apostrophe.

No.

How about losing the plural? Does "give you one week notice" or "give you one week's notice" sound correct when you say it out loud?

Dear Boss

I am saddened to have to inform you of my decision to resign on (insert date).

I feel that I am left with no option but to resign because of the alegations made against me by many of the female staff. I cannot continue to work in a place where women are scared of me.

I do not wish for his resignation to be seen as an admission of guilt in any way and trust all unresolved issues will be left as they are and not reported to the police.

Yours

thesaintsfc