England v South Africa: 2nd 1 day international

pedg

This is getting beyond a joke. I was looking forward got some good cricket this evening and now England go and have SA at 45 for 5. Will be all over before tea time.

Annoyed me as well, as I have a spread bet on how many runs Bell would get.

Didn't see the highlights but for those that did, did the Trent Bridge conditions provide swing? Trent Bridge was a featherbed pitch but ever since the new stands have been built, it has swung quite a bit and also seems to have had a bit more zip.

Didn't see the highlights but for those that did, did the Trent Bridge conditions provide swing? Trent Bridge was a featherbed pitch but ever since the new stands have been built, it has swung quite a bit and also seems to have had a bit more zip.

According to Jonathan Agnew's blog post on the BBC site, there was absolutely no sideways movement at all.

Apparently the South Africans were booed off, and I don't blame the crowd really. They've paid good money for a 50-over-a-side match, and the match is over inside 38 overs because the South Africans' effort and desire was so poor.

Apparently the South Africans were booed off, and I don't blame the crowd really. They've paid good money for a 50-over-a-side match, and the match is over inside 38 overs because the South Africans' effort and desire was so poor.

When this happens, the captains should get together and agree to have a quick 20/20 game. Nothing on it, just a bit of fun to entertain the crowd.