Domestic Appliance help

Jillyanne

Unfortunately, unless it's something stupid like a fuse, fridges don't tend to recover from breakdowns, at least not in an economically viable way. They're a wonder of pumps, heat-exchangers and compressors, all of which are very expensive.

Unfortunately, unless it's something stupid like a fuse, fridges don't tend to recover from breakdowns, at least not in an economically viable way. They're a wonder of pumps, heat-exchangers and compressors, all of which are very expensive.

Agreed. You can buy something fairly decent such as a Zanussi with good energy rating if you look about for about £200. Fridges just ain't built for repairs or much over five years of service these days.

We have only lived here for 4 months and the kitchen is 3 years old, I have all the guarantees etc. I can't even locate where it is plugged in! I have a feeling it may be behind the actual fridge, thing is our cats have a habit of going behing it through a space in the cupboard next to it and they may have knocked something.

We have only lived here for 4 months and the kitchen is 3 years old, I have all the guarantees etc. I can't even locate where it is plugged in! I have a feeling it may be behind the actual fridge, thing is our cats have a habit of going behing it through a space in the cupboard next to it and they may have knocked something.

Heh, cat wee causes electric shorting and startled looking cat!

Just a few things to pick up on that. Yes, check the fuse is sound. Have you moved the fridge recently..? Fridges are indeed a wonder, but of extreme reliability. The technology is so well founded, if they're treated right they go on for years and years. Once they stop though, they tend to stop for good. Then they are expensive, so just replace.

If you have moved the fridge recently, and the fridge has decided to stop working, then let the unit settle for 12 hours. Then turn it back on [remember to check that fuse], and just maybe, you'll find it'll be fine again, and just as reliable as ever.

Just a few things to pick up on that. Yes, check the fuse is sound. Have you moved the fridge recently..? Fridges are indeed a wonder, but of extreme reliability. The technology is so well founded, if they're treated right they go on for years and years. Once they stop though, they tend to stop for good. Then they are expensive, so just replace.

If you have moved the fridge recently, and the fridge has decided to stop working, then let the unit settle for 12 hours. Then turn it back on [remember to check that fuse], and just maybe, you'll find it'll be fine again, and just as reliable as ever.

It's an integral fridge, so I doubt it has been moved...

However, now is the time to move it ;)

Just pull it out and check the plug is in the socket properly - cats... - if it is, take it out, change the fuse [google is your friend if you're struggling here], if it still doesn't work buy a new one - Hell you keep telling us how much you earn in commission / bonus, so a couple of hundred quid shouldn't hurt much ;)

My fridge which is integral has stopped working, does anyone know any Domestic Appliance Engineers that could help?

Try taking some of your lunch out. Fridges needs some air in them to function properly. Also remove all your diet coke 2L bottles, its a myth diet drinks help you lose weight they actually make you crave more sugary snacks.

Gym membership + eat less = fully functioning fridge.

Your cats? They are just using you for a bit of mild amusement.