Setanta's UK broadcasting in jeopardy?

stevegrant

The Premier League have announced today that Sky have won 5 of the 6 live Premier League broadcasting packages starting from 2010, with the other going to Setanta (they've kept the Saturday evening block but lost the Monday night one).

Now that Setanta will only be showing 23 Premier League games per season, anyone else reckon they're going to be in a spot of bother with customers cancelling left, right and centre?

Now that Setanta will only be showing 23 Premier League games per season, anyone else reckon they're going to be in a spot of bother with customers cancelling left, right and centre?

should that be 'trying to cancel'... They are a nightmare to deal with

I think so....the deal they have just about gets in the subscriptions I reckon...

now they will be losing games cant see many people justifying the extra £10 a month or what ever...

im sure they will plug the england away games..but how often do they happen...3..4 times a year..?

I think so....the deal they have just about gets in the subscriptions I reckon...

now they will be losing games cant see many people justifying the extra £10 a month or what ever...

im sure they will plug the england away games..but how often do they happen...3..4 times a year..?

If we ever qualify for a competition again - world cup, euro cup etc - do you think this would count as a series of away games??

That they are.

I had a free 3 month deal with them, after numerous phone calls and not able to speak to anyone, I cancelled the direct debit. Within the next 3 days I must have received 8 phone calls from them. Funny how they found all the extra staff all of a sudden.

I kindly asked them to put 'F*ck off' on my call notes and then they left me alone.

Totally agree.

Their service is supposedly appalling too. I watched the article on them on Watchdog.

You spend ages on the phone and then get through to a muppet, they try to talk you out of it, they then say they have to refer you to the head muppet. If the head muppet isnt in, tough.

If they are in, they will spend ages trying to talk you out of it. Then when I finally cancelled, I cancelled my card as well and they still tried to bill me and were sending me letter asking for money.

They offered me 3 months free and I declined because it wasnt worth the hassle of trying to cancel again in 3 months.

I like Setanta. NRL, boxing, Premiership Rugby in two years time, Celtic League rugby, MLB, NHL & college football. Also, when I had to cancel my freeview subscription they did it straight away. What the US golf sometimes on a Sunday night as well with the paper.

Sky will go back to PremPlus and make the big PL matches PPV. Thats for mugs.

Given a choice between £60 for a Prem Plus season ticket and £12.99 a month for the same games with a crap satellite signal, it's a no-brainer for me.

I like the slightly more refreshing not-arse-kissing way Setanta have gone about things, but too much of their coverage smacks of "cheap and tacky". Of course, most of Sky's stuff reeks of "overpriced and tacky", but you get what I mean... :lol:

Given a choice between £60 for a Prem Plus season ticket and £12.99 a month for the same games with a crap satellite signal, it's a no-brainer for me.

I like the slightly more refreshing not-arse-kissing way Setanta have gone about things, but too much of their coverage smacks of "cheap and tacky". Of course, most of Sky's stuff reeks of "overpriced and tacky", but you get what I mean... :lol:

Ah but you do get all the other stuff on Setanta too if its what you like. IPL, boxing UFC etc.

Either way I don't subscribe to either so am not fussed shame the premier league is going to carry on as though there is no credit crunch/recession going on round them.

Hatch

Full Member KF 9000 Champion! Sofa Longjump Champion! Just Pitching Champion!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevegrant

If I want to cancel something, I cancel my direct debit and then phone the company involved. They soon get the message.

Good...******* cowboys. I only ever subscribed because of the boxing BUT the not being able to cancel over the phone then having to wait 60 days from receiving your letter to do it by post ****ed me off. Credit card company were phoned and they thank fully cancelled the contract.