Inquest - AT LAST

Thedelldays

Just had a report on Central news, the pathologist said if they had managed to escape Paul McCann would probably have lived, Anthony Huntrod wouild not have survived due to his injuries.

i used to be on Tireless and knew them both..I actually left the Sub when it sailed on that trip..

paul mccann was found with an emergency breathing mask in his hand...as for anothony, he was completely unrecognisable....bits of him were falling off when the lads passed his body down the passage way to one of the messes

how the explosion never blew a hole in the front of the boat is a miracle apparently and if it did...the whoel sub would have been lost with no survivors

Edited by Thedelldays

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

In a similar vein, I was interested to see the "report" on the Kursk quoting an explosion of a training torpedo blamed on the damage when it was apparent that there was a signature penetration of a type-48 on the starboard side just forward of the control centre.

Oh, and the fact that the crew were left to suffocate for three days in only 100M of water whilst the Northern Fleet chased the Toledo and the Memphis who were watching the tests of the ShKval on behalf of the US Government who were opposed to the plans of the Russian Navy to sell equipment to the Chinese, who were observers on the surface ships at the time.

In a similar vein, I was interested to see the "report" on the Kursk quoting an explosion of a training torpedo blamed on the damage when it was apparent that there was a signature penetration of a type-48 on the starboard side just forward of the control centre.

Oh, and the fact that the crew were left to suffocate for three days in only 100M of water whilst the Northern Fleet chased the Toledo and the Memphis who were watching the tests of the ShKval on behalf of the US Government who were opposed to the plans of the Russian Navy to sell equipment to the Chinese, who were observers on the surface ships at the time.

hmmm

there are things I know on this and would not dare type on here....

im "away" soon with work...cant say where ;)

;)

Edited by Thedelldays

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
Thought it was accepted that it was sunk and the Northern Fleet went off chasing shadows of a NATO variety?

Except that the ghosts were real, one of which "limped" to Bergen on the surface followed by a host of Northern Fleet vessels and at least two heavily armed attack planes from outside Murmansk. All the while the real target was hurrying away underwater back to the States.

Strangely, when the Kursk was raised, the front compartments had been sawn off to 'protect everyone from the unexploded ordnance in the Torpedo room being accidentally set off'. However, sawing the front off posed an infinitely more dangerous scenario if indeed there was unexploded ordnance there (and wouldn't it have already exploded if, in fact there had already been an explosion of an unstable Hydrogen Peroxide fuelled, obsolete, fish which had been claimed.)

And then the Swedish contractors messed up and sawed it off foo far forward leaving a nice circular puncture hole.

Except that the ghosts were real, one of which "limped" to Bergen on the surface followed by a host of Northern Fleet vessels and at least two heavily armed attack planes from outside Murmansk. All the while the real target was hurrying away underwater back to the States.

Strangely, when the Kursk was raised, the front compartments had been sawn off to 'protect everyone from the unexploded ordnance in the Torpedo room being accidentally set off'. However, sawing the front off posed an infinitely more dangerous scenario if indeed there was unexploded ordnance there (and wouldn't it have already exploded if, in fact there had already been an explosion of an unstable Hydrogen Peroxide fuelled, obsolete, fish which had been claimed.)

And then the Swedish contractors messed up and sawed it off foo far forward leaving a nice circular puncture hole.

i dont understand, are you implying there was an incident between the US and Russian subs?

i dont understand, are you implying there was an incident between the US and Russian subs?

there was an explosion...a very very loud one (well two, one not so loud before the very very loud one) that is a FACT...

the the Kursk was an Oscar II attack boat...the largest attack boat in the world...

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

The Kursk in dry dock.

kazouille_1105145222_torpille4.jpg

I should have placed shadows in " " I think as I know one of the shadows was rather less than that after the incident and I am led to believe, and have no doubts that it is true, that RN hunter-killers were very close by recording everything!